Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 7, 2011
I bought this for my husband for a trip to Italy. It held 2 weeks worth of clothes and weighed in fully loaded at 48 lbs so I didn't have to juggle things around. My other case was too big and fully loaded topped out at 57 lbs so I had to pare down and then the case wasn't fully packed so things shifted around. In this day it is entirely possible for a suitcase to be too big. This is perfect. Right size to not exceed weight limits fully loaded, just squeaking by under the 50 lb mark. (I won't give those airline vultures one nickle in luggage fees!) Very well constructed. They manage to make it both solid yet light weight. Sturdy handles and just a big open space inside. Suits my needs perfectly. Looks good too, and came home from the trip looking none the worse for the airline's handling of it.
on May 6, 2012
Bought the Eagle Creek Hovercraft 30 duffel along with two smaller matching duffels a year ago. I have flown three times since acquiring the bags. Two of the three trips ended with damage. Trip from Tucson to Tampa resulted in the "Eagle Creek" badge being ripped off. Last trip from Baltimore to Tampa resulted in a broken compression strap buckle. Never over packed the bags.

Airline (American) did, after some coaxing, agree to pay to ship bag with missing badge back to Eagle Creek. Eagle Creek got bag bag to me within two days.

Airline (Southwest) would not pay to ship bag back to Eagle Creek to repair buckle since it constitutes a part of the luggage NOT covered under their "Contract of Carriage."

Eagle Creek warranty great but you do have to ship it to them for repair. USPS Parcel Post probably cheapest.

All in all, not sure they are worth the money. Nice to be able to obtain free repairs but you have the cost of shipping. Feel like these bags should be more durable for the price. Two damaged bags in three trips by air. Not great!
on July 25, 2011
I ordered the orange one; and it's attractive as well as easy to spot on the airport luggage corral. It's more heavy duty that I expected. The zippers and fabric are pretty thick. But it's also pretty light. Considering that it is the largest available duffel in the Hovercraft line, I was expecting something bigger. It's about as big as a large size traditional suitcase, good for a week or so. I doubt I could fit everything needed for a 2 to 4 week trip without having to wash my clothes during the trip. It's large but not gigantic. There's a couple of exterior compartments accessible without opening the main compartment: one for shoes, and one that might be for dirty laundry, I'm not sure. I like having one big undivided main compartment. Inside the main compartment there are a couple of cinch straps for compressing your clothes or keeping items from shifting around; the interior straps are in addition to the external cinch straps. The most useful feature is the handle and wheels for easy towing. I think the orange color is discontinued now but still available in many stores.
on January 5, 2012
I got this bag for Christmas and I love it. Eagle Creek always makes great luggage, but this bag is the first rolling duffle I really liked. I have had it on 3 short trips so far and it worked out great. I love how balanced it is when standing upright. Other rolling duffles when I stode them up wour always fall over. This was is designed perfectly. I can't say enough good things!!!
on February 18, 2012
This is a great duffel bag!!! It is light. You can pack a lot of stuff, and it still does not weight that much. The orange color is a big plus since it stands out at the air port carousel. 25' duffel bag was too small; I did not realize that 5" would make that much difference.I exchanged with 30" and THIS WAS IT!!!
on February 10, 2014
I've traveled overseas with this 7 times and 3 domestic flights. Easy to stand and love that it does not roll to the side when I am pulling 2 of this even with it well packed to 54 lbs (allowed up to 60 lbs. for most international, business class flights). Like the extra built-in straps, secured tag placement and handles to grab off the carousel from almost any position.
on April 21, 2012
Ordered after reading good reviews. Used on two trips abroad. On second trip, wheel became stuck and now they say I need to mail it to their service center for repair - and I pay the shipping to them! Seems a bit outrageous as the duffel is not a year old and did not last for two trips. On the upside, I like the weight and the ease of use. Duffel seems to stand up when you let go and not fall over as you search for boarding information - a real plus.

update: just shipped back to eagle creek for their "warranty work." I had to buy a $10 shipping box for it and then it was $60 UPS to ship to them in California. Will be the last Eagle Creek luggage I ever buy. That is not warranty service on a new suitcase under one year old. I am the fool for shipping it back to them. Beware if you buy these larger duffels as they need large boxes and cost more to ship if you need repair work.

Am also changing my rating from 3 to 1. Shipping at my cost within the first year is not warranty service.
on March 13, 2012
We purchased two duffels in December for a planned safari in February. It was really hard to keep the contents organized, but that seems to be the nature of most duffels. The main disappointment was the Eagle Creek logo came off one of the duffels, leaving two very lonely looking holes. Really unattractive and should not have happened with a new bag. Not sure where to turn for help.
on July 5, 2011
This has been a great bag. The weight is fantastic. Been to europe once and numerous domestic trips. Holds a lot of stuff, and I have not hit the weight limit yet. I also use the packing system, and have been very happy with it.
on August 16, 2010
It's a great suitcase (a semi-rigid duffle bag with wheels). Super sturdy, stylish and roomy.