5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Eagle Creek Gear
Published on July 16, 2010 by Matthew Philbin

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but not THAT useful.
I found this item nice to keep things in order, but don't know if I couldn't do the same thing with rolling the clothes instead of folding them in this pack. I will continue to use this on my future trips to see if I grow more attached to it, but as of right now, I could take it or leave it. I had the middle size 18" which barely fit into my eagle creek switchback max...
Published on March 23, 2011 by Matthery

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Eagle Creek Gear, July 16, 2010
In researching the pack it folder before I purchased it, I came across many many reviews that claimed this was one of the best packing products there was. Having used this folder as a part of my Eagle Creek pack it set on a week long trip I can vouch for how great it really is. The included folding board makes loading the folder very easy. It is very nice to have your suitcase compartmentalized, especially when you have to get something from the bottom or repack. The folder along with the other pack it items turn the empty hole of a suitcase into a very organized space. Thanks to the folder and pack it system I was able to pack a weeks worth of clothes into a 22" suitcase without coming close to blowing out the zippers. I will never travel again without the pack it folder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, moderately useful, September 30, 2010
This review is from: Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Folder 18 (Sports Apparel)
So having read many great reviews on this item, I decided to purchase it just prior to a two week trip. I have a 22inch roller and my goal was to be able to pack for two weeks and not check a bag. To be realistic, I was able to comfortably fit 4 dress shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and a pair of jeans. I generally like the product and I think it does what it's advertised to do. I do have two caveats that I think anyone should consider before purchasing.

1. One of the major "features' of this product is that your clothes don't get wrinkled. The idea is that the compression of the material and the direction for laying out your clothes allows the material to remain immobile, therefore preventing wrinkles. However, this really assumes that the folder is the last thing you put in your suitcase and thus there is no pressure being exerted. The way I pack, there is so much pressure on the pack-it that all my clothes get the crease lines from the folds. When I fold my shirts normally, I do two folds, half the long way and half the short. This creates two creases max. The pack-its creates 5 creases and as a result it actually makes my clothes more wrinkly sometimes.

2. The second feature is reducing volume. What you may not consider is that the because the pack-it is shorter than a 22inch roller length-wise, you actually created a shorter fold, thus increasing over height of your stack. I did an experiment and because of the rigidity of the pack-it, it actually increased my volume instead of decrease.

So those are my two caveats. Great product, but I'm pretty sure after a little while, I'm just going to go back to folding my shirts and putting them in my case without this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Travel, April 22, 2011
This is my second Eagle Creek folder. I now have the 18 and the 20. The 20 is a touch to big to fit into a 21" carry on, but the 18 is perfect. Fits a weeks worth of business casual clothes and takes up no room. Now I show up with less bulk and less wrinkles.

If you travel, you need an Eagle Creek Folder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel Magic, July 20, 2013
This large pack-it folder kept my shirts and pants looking pressed while I traveled. I lived out of the suitcase for almost two weeks and the people I traveled with commented that my clothes always looked neat and pressed.

I am not normally able to achieve any level of looking neat while traveling, this did the trick. It was also helpful organizing the suitcase and keeping order, another first.

The 18" size is the most practical size for adult clothes. The smaller versions of this product might work for kids but didn't work for me at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Item for Travel, September 15, 2013
Worked well for my last travel to Europe. Held about 10 shirts. Really like the "template" to fold shirts - fold and slip out and into the folder. Really doesn't prevent wrinkles, but does keep clothes organized after reaching your destination. Used a second 18" folder for shorts and worked just as well. Highly recommend for the traveller who likes organization. Used one for shirts, one for shorts, and one for tee's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, if you know how to use it, February 14, 2013
This is a definitely a niche product, but it works well. The caveat is, you must know how to use it and plan accordingly. This is best suited for men's dress shirts or other tops, fitting about 7-10 comfortably. Be sure to alternate the side the collar is on when stacking the shirts to maximize space.
I took 1 star off because there are newer versions of this folder than weigh half as much. If you are carrying-on and conscious about space and weight (and I assume you are if you are considering buying this), then I recommend the newer version. Same great design by half as heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to pack, no wrinkles, December 19, 2012
As advertised no wrinkles. Easy to pack. I had a golf trip and packed 8 golf shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 2 wind breakers and had room for more. I used this in combination to the ebags packing cubes (1 small, 1 medium, 1 large). Everything fit in a standard carry-on roller suitcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for business travel, December 5, 2012
Bought this for an overseas trip. I really like how it helps fold starched shirts and other clothes. Kept them from unfolding in handling. Helps space efficiency in packing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, September 27, 2011
The Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Folder 18 kept dress pants and dress shirts perfectly folded and unwrinkled for two weeks of extensive travel - a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars travel pack, June 5, 2011
This travel pack is amazing! I was able to pack more clothes in a smaller space. Highly recommend this item!

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Folder 18