5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Optics
Published on April 18, 2009 by E. Covart

1.0 out of 5 stars Third time is the charm...?
I've left 2 reviews already of this product. The Primary Purpose of doing so was to save others grief. This product is DISCONTINUED and no longer available. Both OpticsPlanet and Amazon are aware and they have not removed the item.
Published on April 21, 2011 by Naturemike

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Optics, April 18, 2009
This review is from: Eagle Optics Ranger SRT Binoculars 10x42mm Waterproof SRT-1042-4 (Electronics)
I received these binoculars for my birthday. I wanted something more powerful than my 8x25's for bird watching. These optics are fantastic! They are so clear and powerful and the specs have them weighing less than their 8x42 counterparts. I wear glasses and they are comfortable to use with my glasses on. Without having to take my glasses on an off to use them, I can follow the birds and sight them much faster than with my old pair. Did I mention that the optics were fantastic? The crisp and clear image allows me to see the detail of each bird very clearly. I imagine they will be great for other hobbies as well. They come with a neck/shoulder strap and a case that can be used on one's belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eagle eye, November 30, 2009
Great optics, light weight, reachs out to grab detail and de feathers. I use them for birdwatching and sports. Good value for money. Waterproof just in case. I used to hold a 10 pound rifle, (flint lock), so 10x is better for me than 8x. Friend with 8x often asks for a look. For long time views, a staff or walking pole can be used for a one leg "tripod".

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right, August 31, 2010
These binoculars are just right for me. They are lightweight around my neck - good strap. As an new birder,it is the magnification that works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eagle Ranger 10x42 Binoculars, May 9, 2010
I did a lot of research before choosing the Rangers. The choice was between these and the Nikon.
I've had mine about a month now and am very satisfied. One feature very important for me - since I
wear glasses - is the "eye relief" distance. The Rangers allow me to keep my glasses while viewing birds
or whatever. They are a nice size and weight with a sort of rubberized coating that aids holding. I chose
the 10x42's and happy that I did. I mostly use them for birding and hunting. ...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great binoculars, May 5, 2011
Several years ago, while visiting a college roomate, classmate and friend of mine in upstate NY, I was introduced to these binoculars. I could not believe the clarity with which I could see and focus in on objects: birds, etc. My friend is a birder, I am a "wanna-be". I've used these at concerts and in the theater, too, where my wife and I were not close to the stage to see the performers, their costumes, the setting props, etc. I strongly recommend these to anyone who is looking for a good and reliable pair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Third time is the charm...?, April 21, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all good, August 25, 2010
Holly Shader (GARDINER, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love the binoculars. Excellent optics, easy to use with or w/out glasses. The arrived on time and in excellent condition.