Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EagleTac 3100mAh Protected Li-ion 18650 Rechargeable Battery (1 x 18650)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 23, 2013
Well the seller gave me the ol sliparu. I purchased the 3100 mAh and the morons gave me a 2700 mAh. They didn't want to refund the difference they wanted me to mail it back at my own expense of gas/time/postage. I told him that was not satisfactory and that I would be reviewing this product. He told me to write whatever I wanted and really didn't care. Well I'll never order anything from them again and maybe you guys should beware. Other than that the battery I got seems fine.
1313 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2012
OK, if you commonly use or have been looking for rechargeable 18650 size batteries then you know that that they are not hard to find. If you've had some experience with different brands of 18650s in varying price ranges then you have most likely discovered that they aren't all the same. Not even close!!! Good or in this case great batteries are going to cost you a bit more than the "less than what you were hoping for" variety. This stands true with just about everything. When you look at this battery and see it costs ~ $15 + shipping and some other "respectable" brands can be had for $9, and that's for 2 batteries + a charger you're naturally going to go for the $9 deal. That is unless you've had some experience buying both of these and are all too familiar with the difference. I can't and won't say that I am positive that the $9 deal batteries are "knock-offs", but the brand name on these batteries usually puts out a much higher quality product. Just read the reviews on them. That is all I have to say about those.
Now, about these EagleTac 18650 RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES. PANASONICS IN A DIFFERENT SKIN. For the asking price I wouldn't call these good batteries. These batteries are simply OUTSinTANDING!!! I have paid well over $20/ea. for batterries of this quality. These bad little dudes are a bargain at this price. They are true 3100mAh batts which is more than I can say for some others. Nice,tough jacket. Protected circuitry. THE REAL DEAL!!! Keep your flashlight bright for a loooong time. ALSO EXCELLENT FOR E-CIG MODS USING 18650s. A bit long due to extra PCBs so keep it in mind.
66 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
2/27/13 UPDATE: the (Brooklyn, N.Y.) vendor appears to have pulled their listing for this product.

Received 2 "Equivalent Item or Better" (tangsfire) 18650 batteries.
Details for this item should be: 'made in Japan', 'Panasonic cell', '3100+ mAh'...) the batteries received from a vendor stating "Equivalent Item or Better" are off-brand 18650 cells and they have poor reliability and capacity. These were intended for a Fenix TK21 XM-L U2 single 18650 cell flashlight but they aren't going to work out due to runtimes and reliability. Distributed from the U.S. N.Y. I was hoping they would be a better "equivalent" brand.
77 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
Was expecting Eagle Tac 3100's but rec'd UltraFire 4000's. Apparently, they don't even make a 4000 mAh battery. The 2 batteries I rec'd work in my Nitecore MT40 but will have to see for how long. And let's see what happens when it's time to recharge them.
on March 1, 2013
Got both batteries. thought cost and reviews would ensure quality. wrong. one battery never took charge, the other is finicky (yeah finicky for a battery is not good) and life after charge is short. no, it is not my charger. guys in my dept. use it all the time no problem. I could go through the hassle of packing it up and shipping it properly to sellers desires but no, I just take it that these blow and buy somewhere and something else. lesson learned. And yes I did contact seller, that is how I know what hoops I won't be jumping through.
on September 9, 2012
These are very good batteries, and seem to have all the power and length of use as advertised. They ain't cheap, but when the lights go out, you'll be pleased with your purchase. Four stars due to cost.
on September 20, 2012
Most of them are made in China anyway, sans a few made in Germany (for $80/ea). But compared to Ultrafire (sp?), these are just night and day. I was a bit surprised they took about 4x as long to charge, I thought I was doing something wrong. Takes about 7 hrs to get a full charge on them compared to like 1 hour with the cheapies. But in service they last about 4x as long as ANY other 18650 I've tried. In normal use in my 750 lumen light, one battery will last months.

All the reviewers out here were saying this, and I thought they were full of it. But they're right. This really is a quality product from China. Even the hard core flashlight shops recommend the EagleTacs.

So go on, get it out of your system - try the Ultra-whatevers for $2.00 with a charger. Some guy up in NY sells them by the truckload. But you'll quickly find out some only last a few weeks, or maybe only 2-3 charge cycles, and some won't even supply enough voltage to run your light at all. Get all POd like I did and toss them in the trash, then come out here and get these. There. Done.
on January 9, 2013
I've had the EagleTac battery for a week, only more time and use will determine if it was a good buy. The only other 18650 battery I've used is the one sold by Fenix. The EagleTac, freshly charged, was slightly brighter than the Fenix battery that already had less than 5 minutes of use at various power levels. On the side of the battery is printed: Cell in Japan - Made in China; so it's not really made in Japan as is often said, as well as here on Amazon. I'd give it 5 stars except for the price. When you can buy 32 Duracell AA batteries for $15 there is no reason this single cell could not be sold for less and with more competition I'd expect the price to drop. From all the reviews I've seen it does appear to be more reliable overall than other brands.

Update: It's now the end of August 2014 and my 2 EagleTac batteries are still going strong. I generally charge/swap the batteries once each week, or more often when camping, etc. Still happy with my purchase.
on October 27, 2012
Showed up in a timely fashion, neatly packed. Holds good charge, dont overheat, and works great!!! Purchased 2 more!! 5 stars! looking forward to doing more business
on October 24, 2012
I use a 750ish lumen flash light at work. This cell will last me 5 days, that's not on high all the time. But this is a very long lasting well preforming cell.