4.0 out of 5 stars I did not think that there would ever be......
Published on August 18, 2012 by Chet

1.0 out of 5 stars Update: JUNK!! Almost perfect EDC (updated, NOT perfect)
Published 14 months ago by Campby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Update: JUNK!! Almost perfect EDC (updated, NOT perfect), December 29, 2013
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
FINAL UPDATE: Complete JUNK. Typically people buy two kinds of lights in this category a good one with a good warranty that may cost a bit more but you get reliability and support or they buy a cheap one probably imported that may fail but works and is cheap if it dies no warranty you throw it away and you buy a new one. This one looks like category one but is category two at best.

If it was 5 or 10 bucks might be a good deal. Mine seemed nice but it died. i contacted warranty support and after several days received a response with very basic instructions. i.e. make sure you have new battery, is it tight, clean the threads etc. responses were very slow takes a few days to get one. Finally since it was obviously dead they suggested i return it to the seller for warranty support. Amazon return said it was past the 30 day return period. They said so sorry you can return it to the manufacturer in HONG KONG no joke. here is the address they gave me.

Lam Chun Jung | ET
Flat G 4/F Lucky Mansion
65 Austin Road
KLN Hong Kong

Needless to say AVOID. buy a 4sevens a fenix, anything else but this. if it breaks you'll regret it.

END:

I'm a big fan of these small bright lights, you can get a bigger light you carry in your pack or car etc but the one you have on you beats the one you have in the car on on the pack but just don't have with you when you need it. you also find that you will use a light like this all the time. Put this in your pocket and keep the other one in your pack, car etc. You might wear this one out before you every have a need to turn the bigger one on.

UPDATE: 1.5mo old and it died. Seemed really well made. changing to 1 star, two days with no response from warranty support. If customer support comes back will edit again. However at this rate I'll go back to a 4sevens quark and never look back.

4.0 out of 5 stars I did not think that there would ever be......, August 18, 2012
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
I have a Fenix P1Dce which I thought would never be supplanted as my every day carry flashlight. I happened upon a clue to this new light on the Candlepower forum so I did some investigating and discovered this as an offering on Amazon. I placed the order and three days later it arrived. While I doubt a bit the 325 Lumens rating, this light - no bigger than a man's thumb - will outshine just about ANY light of similar size or larger. I have two lines of demarcation in my back lot, one 500 feet back to where my outbuildings are and a second one a tree line about 200 feet beyond where the forest begins. My Fenix would light up the outbuildings and the two large oak boles that stood between them, but beyond that, not much. This little gem will light up the buildings, the oaks and the next tree line besides! My grandson and I were spotting deer tonight with a flashlight not much larger than the single CR123 battery that powers it!

My Fenix is now in my bedside drawer and this one will be in my pocket at all times as my new EDC (Every Day Carry). Really, you have no idea how often you will use an EDC light unless you actually HAVE an EDC light. Get one. I would give it five stars, but I find that changing modes with the twist is somewhat inconsistent at times. There is a "clicky" option Eagletac D25C Clicky 397 Lumens CREE XM-L U2 LED Pocket Light - Clicky Switch Model, but that adds a little to the size and a bit to the price (still a bargain) and I'm thinking about getting one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny. Bright. Excellent, March 23, 2012
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
I smile a little every time I use this light. It is so small, yet so bright! The light beam is free of bands and dark spots, which makes it easy to comprehend whatever you are looking at. This is in stark contrast to old school flashlights, up to and including Maglites.

The workmanship appears to be excellent. The product includes a nice wrist strap and a very nice nylon "holster." You also get an extra O-ring. Hold on to it. You twist the light whenever you turn it on, so the O-ring is definitely getting used.

Here is an example of the thought that went into this light: This short, fat light is very stable when placed tail down on a flat surface. Useful. But what if you have the wrist strap attached? It clips to the tail, so it could prevent the light from standing flat on a table, right? Wrong! There exists a little notch in the tail. Its sole purpose is to accommodate the metal clip of the wrist strap. The light is perfectly stable.

I am good at complaining, so I'll go ahead.

The light includes low, medium, and high output settings. When using the high setting, the light will become uncomfortably hot after about 20 minutes. I would expect that the electronics inside the light are suffering at this point. Fortunately, the medium setting is bright enough to be extremely useful. The light remains comfortable on the medium setting, indefinitely.

I like to use rechargeable batteries. The rechargable battery that fits this light is RCR123, which is a higher voltage cell than the disposable CR123 that this light is designed for. If you do use an RCR123 cell, you will encounter some problems:
- The light output from the medium and high settings is identical
- On medium and high settings, the light becomes uncomfortably hot after 10 minutes.
- The light output from the low setting remains rather low.

The light is not marketed as an RCR123 light so I rate it a full five stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars 0 support from Eagle Tac when I had problems, February 8, 2014
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
I would not buy this brand of flashlight. I like the sturdy pocket clip and when it worked. It worked great. When I tried to contact the manufacturer because I was having problems I never got a return call. Stale CS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little light!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
This is the first flashlight I have owned that uses the CR123 Battery. The upside of these batteries is that they lend to a flashlight design that is very small and light weight, but still produces a lot of lumen output with respectable runtimes. The downside of the CR123 is that it isn't as readily available as AA or AAA batteries, so you need to stock up ahead of time.

I'm not sure why Eagle Tac is touting 325 "LED Lumens" (maybe some kind of marketing ploy), but "OTF Lumen" specs is what matters. Still the OTF output of 209 on High is excellent for this type of flashlight and there is a very useful 60 lumen Medium and 3 lumen Low mode. I really like the lower low like the Eagle Tac compared to the Fenix lights which run 7 - 10 Lumens in low.

Runtimes on the Eagle Tac are comparable with other CR123 lights, but you have to respect the fact that you only have about 1 hour on the highest output, so for extended runtimes best to switch to 60 Lumen mode, which gives you 5 hours. The light has a nice hot spot with generous amount of flood, but still throws a good distance.

The extra strobe & flashing modes are very nice to have and real bonus on a light of this size especially at this price point. The included accessory package is also very generous and I really like the sturdy clip. A perfect EDC (Every Day Carry) light! Mine never leaves my pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars EagleTac D25C - Tons of light in a tiny package!!, March 18, 2012
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
I'll be upfront, I'm a flashlight person. I love how technology has advanced so quickly from the previous dim heavy maglights. This light is so compact and weighs practicly nothing its a dream to carry daily. It throws out an amazing ammount of light for its size. I highly recommend this light if you are looking for something that will wow you when you turn it on! The only downside if you call it that is it uses CR123 batteries. (HINT! Buy these batteries online, they are about 1/15th the cost online vs buying them in stores!!!)

4.0 out of 5 stars buy this light! just not from this company., July 22, 2012
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
love this little light! superb craftsmanship and materials. lumens are overrated,probably has about 150 give or take a few,but that is still a huge number for this size of light.it has a very nice pocket clip that is positioned perfectly for deep pocket carry. overall i give this light five stars,but i take one away because the company that i purchased this from kept the battery and shipped the light without it! poor business practice! all eagletacs come with the batteries! well enough ranting, go out and buy one,you'll like it! ps invest in some rechargeable rcr 123a 3v batteries. oh by the way Busiapp Corp is who i ordered from.

3.0 out of 5 stars a little disappointed, January 10, 2014
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
i have two other eagle tac lights, and both have the push-button switch on the end of the light opposite the bulb.
with this light, you have to turn the bezel to turn it on, then turn it again for each brightness level. it also does
not have the strobe like the others. i like my other eagle tac lights, but i have to say that i was disappointed with
this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Light, July 30, 2013
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
This little will get Very Hot when running at Top Speed... almost too hot to touch; I didn't like the "Twist On-Off" function, if you want this particular flashlight you might as well spent a little more and get the "Click" version, but with its higher price there are few more selections out there that you can find.

5.0 out of 5 stars D25C Mini Flashlight, December 28, 2011
This review is from: EagleTac D25C Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
This little light ROCK's I use it everyday at work. It is very well made lite in weight and is easy to carry. This product has three light settings and is supper bright for its size. This is a supper nice flashlight and in my opinion is worth every penny you will spend for it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›