5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous EDC light !!!, September 26, 2012
This review is from: EagleTac D25LC2 Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
This light is absolutely fantastic for EDC use. I own several high-quality lights, and the D25LC2 is my favorite EDC. I have it in my pants pocket whenever I wear jeans or shorts. I regretfully leave it at home when I go to the office, because I carry nothing bigger than a AAA light in dress slacks due to the thinner fabric.

I love 18650 batteries, and this light is the smallest 18650 light that I've come across. It is only minimally larger than my TrustFire R5-A3 Cree XP-G-R5 3-Mode 230-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight Torch Flashlamp(1*AA/1*14500), and the marginal increase in size is well worth the additional capacity that the 18650 battery offers over the 14500. While the Trustfire is a good light at a great price, I was disappointed that the walls were so thick, making the light larger in diameter than necessary. However, with a thinner, smaller diameter body, the reflector must also shrink if the head is to be no larger than the body. A smaller reflector will generally result in less throw. For a pretty small light, the Trustfire is an impressive thrower, so I am pleased with it.

With the D25LC2, the walls are very thin, which I love because it is only 1mm larger in diameter than the Trustfire. I wouldn't count on the Eagletac to survive being run over by a truck, but I take care of my gear, so it would never happen. The Trustfire might survive being run over, but I would throw it away or replace it afterwards anyway because it would look like crap.

The D25LC2 uses a twisty switch that is very smooth, and I can easily operate it with one hand, although it is faster to cycle through the various modes using both hands. It will never be as easy to operate as a clicky, but a clicky switch would make the light bigger (Eagletac makes clicky versions of its D series lights, which are slightly longer than their twisty counterparts). I mentioned that this was my favorite EDC light. However, around the house, I rarely use it because I have other lights that are more convenient to use due to those lights having clicky switches.

I am extremely impressed by the build quality of this light. I can't speak to the quality of the internals (i.e., circuitry), but externally, it is immediately apparent that care was taken in the design and construction of the light. For example, the stainless steel bezel on the front of the light is perfectly machined and has a perfect finish. On my Trustfire, the sides of the stainless bezel are smooth and polished, but looking at it head on, there are machine marks that can be clearly seen. I am no less impressed by the build quality of this Eagletac as I am with the three Surefires lights that I own.

The pocket clip on the D25LC2 has the highest tension of any light that I own, and that includes the rather strong clip on my Surefire U2. I actually broke the U2 clip, because even though the clip is made of steel, it is retained by a plastic collar. When the collar snapped, it rendered the clip useless. With the Eagletac clip, I will sometimes lift the clip with my fingers when inserting or removing the light from a pocket for fear of tearing the clothing!

The beam is smooth, with no dark spots anywhere. It's a very useful beam, with a nice balance between throw and flood. This model does not have the latest & greatest emitter (Cree XM-L) out there, but from what I understand, putting the larger XML emitter in a small reflector such as this will reduce throw. I have a single AA flashlight called the Balder SE-1 that has an XML in it. Even though it has a slightly larger head (24mm OD), its beam is nothing but flood. The Balder is great for lighting up to a medium sized room, but terrible for large, open spaces. The Eagletac beam strikes a nice balance of flood and distance.

There are various flashing and strobe modes that I will probably never use. Fortunately, Eagletac has designed the light so that the strobe modes don't become available until you cycle through the low, medium, and high modes twice without pausing for more than one second between the modes. The strobe modes are easy enough to get to, but may as well not exist if you don't want them.

I am very glad I bought this light, and would immediately buy another if it got lost or damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent flashlight for an EDC, January 18, 2013
turf (Marietta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EagleTac D25LC2 Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
If you need the maximum battery life in the smallest flashlight with the highest output and excellent quality, this is the one. It is one of the only flashlights that is (just) small enough to use as an EDC with an 18650 battery.

I got this as a companion to a Zebralight headlamp (H600) to get more range when needed, but it really does not provide more range than the H600 on maximum output. Even though the beam pattern of the D25LC2 is more spotty, the H600's higher output makes up for it. But it is still good as a backup since it has longer battery life plus has a good choice of emergency modes if they are ever needed.

This light also has an excellent beam pattern with, for me, just the right balance between throw and spill for an EDC. The spill is very smooth and the beam is an excellent choice for general purpose use. You can illuminate an object a hundred yards away yet the beam is still suitable for instances where some spill is necessary.

A detraction for me is that the clip is not reversible, so can't easily be used on a brimmed hat as a headlamp.

The clicky version of this light is only about a quarter inch longer. And it is kind of a hassle to twist to turn on this twisty, especially to the highest setting, so the clicky version is probably a better choice if you need to use a flashlight a lot. But if being slightly smaller is more important than ease of use, this is the one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid light in a small package, October 28, 2014
Dustin Galofaro (Athens, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EagleTac D25LC2 Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
Once you buy the batteries this is great. Expensive start up, but good light

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini?! Mmmmmaybe, May 27, 2014
This review is from: EagleTac D25LC2 Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
I have to admit that I was expecting a clicky. And my light is colored different them the one shown in the pic. (Mine has a black clip , not silver) .. As I've played with it these last few days I will say that I do like it . That's why 4 stars. It's hard to judge the size of these by the pics .I now own 3 eagltacs . They're are simply wonderful little lights! I will b keeping this one dispute the non clicky. I have 15 fantastic LED flashlights . Lately I've been carrying the eagltacs more and more due to size , weight, overall they are simply great EDCs!! Buy with total confidence! But I will warn ya.. It won't b the last one u buy!! Ha !! I thought 5 would b enough , then 10, then my lucky 13?! Nope, up to 15 now.. 3 on the way NOW!! All LEDs .. Amazon is by far the best site I order from. Trouble free service. An acual person who always calls u back. Fast .. I've had great luck with amazon . Just had to say it . Nitecore, surefire, foursevens, and of course fenix are in my experience also fantastic LEDs. To choose a favorate would be hard but I'd lean towards my quark (4sevens) pro QP2L-X. It's simply perfect . This light however is the exact same size (the eagletac D25LC2 mini) FYI. Hope this helped someone! Do your research! And NEVER be in the dark again. Always prep but do not horde! Lol

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I hoped, February 24, 2014
This review is from: EagleTac D25LC2 Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
I researched this light a lot. I saw videos that showed 4 brightness modes. Even the box it came in said it has 4 modes, with 5 hidden modes. However, the light I received has 3 brightness modes and 7 hidden modes. Low is 5 lumens and medium is 124 lumens. That is a pretty big jump. I would have liked an output of about 30 lumens in between. A lower low would be nice also (3 lumens is perfect for me). The included holster is good quality, but too big for this light. I will carry the light in my jeans pocket. Also, my clip has a dent from being poorly stamped out.
On a positive, I do like the size, and the max brightness is great for such a small light. The beam is nice, with a small, bright hotspot that can penetrate far. The specs call for 68.5 mm maximum battery length, but I did try a Nitecore battery that is more than 69 mm long with no problems. However, I will use my Eagletac battery that is 68 mm long.
It is a pretty good light, but I would have passed if I knew it only had 3 modes. For almost $50, I was hoping for the perfect EDC light. I may return this and go with the Zebralight that doubles as a headlamp. It is more $, but looks like a great light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and Compact, December 2, 2013
This review is from: EagleTac D25LC2 Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
This is a perfect fit for my daily carry. My only issue is working the multiple functions at time. It turns on and off fairly simply. Getting into strobe mode can be a pain at times. Otherwise, it's pretty good and fairly compact (the entire piece fits in my palm nicely).

Or course wearing gloves can be a challenge.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is amaz, March 22, 2013
This review is from: EagleTac D25LC2 Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
This flashlight is really small and light weight but has a hell of a bulb. It's really bright for the size. I would rather have a clicky but my work won't allow for the risk of a spark so this is the brightest twisty I could find. and you don't need 2 hands to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, May 6, 2013
Bob Gray (Beautiful Greenwood, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EagleTac D25LC2 Mini XP-G2 LED Flashlight (Sports)
Three twists and you get the high power light advertised..... though it does require an 18650 battery ($$) - though a Panasonic battery will give plenty of power and long storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 6, 2014