5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Chris Elliott Vehicle
Published on April 17, 2012 by Bosco Fuller

2.0 out of 5 stars if Longmire sucked
it would be this.

also, why does almost every (like all but one) synopsis include the word "shock", " shocked", or "shocking"?
Published 17 months ago by Aaron

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Chris Elliott Vehicle, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
Chris Elliott is back, and the show is quite good. Having CINEMAX comedy specials in the late 1980's and mingled with his many hilarious appearances on Letterman, along with his brilliant TV series "Get A Life" and the underrated "Cabin Boy", it is truly good to have Elliott back! "Eagleheart" is a fully realized Chris Elliott comedy program on Cartoon Network's Adult-Swim. Each episode is a short-subject comedy of roughly 15 minutes, and Chris Elliott is in violently entertaining Chuck Norris-mode with an excellent support cast and a great many bizarre story lines that fit perfectly with Chris Elliott's brand of humor. The complete first season equals roughly two hours of weird.

The bonus features are a bit lacking though, BUT THE EPISODE COMMENTARIES SURE ARE SWELL! Some of the edited scenes throughout season one are available as an additional bonus feature, but all the funniest stuff made it onto the show. For the curious, the original pilot is also available in bits and pieces, and thank god season two is now upon us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eagleheart, July 4, 2012
Kenneth D. Sluyk (Cave Creek, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
I have been a fan of Chris Elliott since Get a Life in the early 90's. Eagleheart is great if you appreciate his style of comedy and feels like a version of Get a Life with violence and action. It is hilarious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Could Hope For, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
Am I only dreaming? Or is this burning an eternal flaaaaaaame. I love everything about this show. I may, in fact, have been predetermined to love this show and yet, still, it has surpassed my every expectation. It's got gratuitous violence, and more importantly, gratuitous nonsense. Chris Elliot's Walker Texas Ranger-inspired character, Chris Monsanto, has at least 3 different origin stories over the course of the DVD. Continuity is out the window, anything to propel the weirdness into new realms of funny. This is the Enterprise and you are the crew. Get to finding those planets full of creepy marionettes, you whacko.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You Adult Swim, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
I must admit that I am an avid fan of Cartoon Network Adult Swim. If you know what I am referring to then you know what to expect. Ever since I saw Darkplace [Region 2] (US DVD PLEASE) and The Mighty Boosh Special Edition DVD (Seasons 1-3) on there I was hooked. Yes,some of the shows are hit or miss, but overall either you get it or you don't. NTSF, Childrens Hospital: Complete First & Second Seasons, Delocated: The Complete Seasons One & Two, Check It Out! and Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job: Seasons 1-5 are fantastic, but there is just something about Eagleheart that makes it stand out. The humor is similar to the other shows mentioned, but the over the top violence, randomness and sociopathic nature of the lead characters made it a favorite of mine.

Chris Elliot has always been underrated (Cabin Boy) and he really shines as the satirical embodiment of Walker Texas Ranger and every role Steven Seagal has ever played. The other characters are very enjoyable and compliment the style of humor very well. The show is short and sweet; which is part of its charm. Nothing is dragged out or filler. This is the sort of stuff I throw in the dvd player when I'm with my girlfriend, am to lazy to go out and need something light yet entertaining. If you enjoy previous Adult Swim insanity or have a sense of humor then don't pass this up.

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I miss this?, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
I never knew about this show until I watched a clip of Sam Elliot on Conan. I thought he was hilarious, as well as the clip from season two of his show Eagleheart. Afterward I was curious to see how much season one was. Thankfully it was super cheap so I took a gamble and bought it. THANKFULLY! I did. One of the best shows I have seen in awhile. Also my new favorite show on Adult Swim, which is saying a lot in my opinion. If you enjoy Aqua teen of old or anything with dark humor I guarantee you will love this show. I know I did. 5/5 would bang repeatedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantast!, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
I could not even finish the word above because this hollywood production is so neat. I found it to be great. Some may even say best. So, that is how.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
Funny series, gotta love the dark and ohave.offbeat humor these guys .
I'll buy more of their work. 2 more words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mazurka!, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
The World loves a dancer; or at least, it pretends to. I want more of course and who wouldn't? Oh yeah, just everybody who has never seen the piece of finely honed comical craftiness that's generously topped with whipped cream and album covers; that's who! So, go get your own copy. Don't even think I'd loan you mine. Season two-season two-season two; where are you?

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, February 9, 2013
Cleb (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
This show scares some people because it can be very weird, by today's vapid norms. If you want to laugh at something that somebody actually had to think up, this is for you. Unless you don't like Chris Elliot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Chris Ellitott!, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Eagleheart: Season 1 (DVD)
Eagleheart is ridiculous. Ridiculously funny that is. The plots are laugh-out-loud ridiculous and corny but the cast really makes it work and the laughs just keep on coming!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Eagleheart: Season 1
Eagleheart: Season 1 by Various (DVD - 2012)
$19.97 $7.78