5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sensory Development, Long Lasting Toy
This is an exceptional sensory stimulating toy. Ideal for infants as young as 4 or 5 months. Having 6 different ways to explore this toy, it will also keeps an infant's interest throughout their quickly developing first year.
Published on September 17, 2003 by mag98dlg

1.0 out of 5 stars ENTRAPMENT HAZARD!!!
My baby's arm/elbow got stuck inside this toy. I tried to free her but the toy is very well made that I can't break it. My baby's constricted arm started to turn purple after 15 minutes, so I had to call 911. It took 3 firefighters to get her arm off from the toy. I think this toy should be recalled.
Published on August 8, 2008 by LGato

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sensory Development, Long Lasting Toy, September 17, 2003
This review is from: Earlyears Curiosity Cube (Toy)
There is a mirror that spins, 2 wire bead tracks with 2 beads each (different shapes), a spining and clicking circular divice with finger 2 impressions allowing you to teach your child how to turn the disk, an abacus type section with green and orange disks, a spiral "pole" with an orange disk that will fall down the spirals when turned, and finally a cylinder with 4 levels of plastic swiss cheese type bariers allowing very tiny beads to fall through making a "rain stick" type sound. This too spins.
It is small enough to take in the car, easy to carry, light yet very sturdy. I have no concerns about any part of this breaking or coming apart. Because it is light weight, it is very easy for the child to manipulate. It will hold their attention, teach them about basic physical properties and laws (such as gravity), and will last through at least 2 children.
A good addition to the playroom.

1.0 out of 5 stars ENTRAPMENT HAZARD!!!, August 8, 2008
LGato "lcast" (american canyon, ca) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Box recommended age is 9 months, September 19, 2010
Length:: 1:24 Mins

I bought this for my 7 month old who was learning to sit on her own. She seemed to like boxes -- diaper wipe box, kleenex box, etc -- so I thought this would be a definite hit. For the first month, she was definitely interested in it but it didn't hold her attenton for more than a few minutes -- perhaps she wasn't at the recommended age? I still thought it was pretty cool though and I don't know how a baby's arm could get stuck in this (as somebody else wrote) -- My baby never had a problem with that. The item description says that it requires 2 AA batteries but I don't think that's correct as there is definitely no battery compartment on this cube!

This video was taken when she was about 9 months old. There are 3 sides she likes more than the others and she will pretty much only plays with those 3 sides. Now just hitting 11 months, she will play with this on occassion but only for a couple of minutes before she finds something else more exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Toy!, April 17, 2005
This review is from: Earlyears Curiosity Cube (Toy)
We received this as a gift when my son was 6 months old and at the time he loved spining the mirror and the little barrel of beads. As he got older, he started to learn how to use all the other functions on the cube. He is 10 months now and I have to admit he plays with it less frequently but every so often, he will sit there and play with it for a good 5-10 min. Overall, I think this toy was awesome!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Activity Cube, March 27, 2006
This review is from: Earlyears Curiosity Cube (Toy)
I bought this for my son when he was 5mo.s old. I pulled it out for him at 6mo.s and he had no iterest. I pulled it out again at 7mo.s and he LOVES it. It really works his hand eye coordination. It is small enough so now that he is sitting up, he can move it around and change it to what interests him at the moment. It has been really good for his independent play time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, November 9, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Earlyears Curiosity Cube (Toy)
This item is very cheaply made, like a toy from the dollar store. There are some small beads on one side that made me concerned due to the quality, they could come off and be a hazard. Upon all these things I opted to return the toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars 9-month-old twins love this, July 21, 2009
R. Spaulding (Providence, RI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earlyears Curiosity Cube (Toy)
My twins love this toy, and because there something different to do from every angle, they can both play with it at once and it has real lasting power. The clicking spiral disc is a particular favorite. A nice next step when smaller rattles start to get boring!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys we have - a must buy!, November 27, 2007
Heidi (Midland, MI, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earlyears Curiosity Cube (Toy)
We got this as a shower gift, and gave it to our daughter when she was about 4 mos. old. She loved it instantly. It was just the right size for her to hold in her hands and balance with her feet when she was lying on her back. She used it for a long time and her playgroup friends loved it, too. I think the different activities appeal to different levels so they are always finding something new on it. I'm so glad we got it and will have it for our next baby as well. A must buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fun as the Infantino Triangle, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Earlyears Curiosity Cube (Toy)
I bought this to take on a plane trip and ended up storing in checked baggage due to the size. The toy itself is more of a pinkish/purplish than the red/blue in the pic. My son thinks its ok and I will only see him play with the cube if I initiate it. He is 9 months and cannot spin the large circle, an adult has to insert their fingers to work it. The "rainmaker" feature is a fail. The tiny beads are stuck to the side due to static. I suggest the Infantino Triangle because we had a chance to play with one at a local indoor play place. It had quite a few more activities, and the "rainmaker" actually worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, amusing toy..., September 17, 2007
Melissa Werner (Fayetteville, Arkansas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earlyears Curiosity Cube (Toy)
This toy has so many different things to play with. It's great. My son, who is currently 8-months-old, loves it and I think he will continue to enjoy it as he grows (which is a great thing).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›