Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on November 11, 2009
My folks bought this little bag of groceries for my 8-month old son, and it has been a huge hit ever since. He loves playing with everything in the bag--the banana you can "peel," the chiming apple, the crinkly cabbage, the orange that opens--even the bag. His absolute favorite is the milk carton, which is smooth and smooshy and has a little mirror. I think it feels good on his gums (he's teething ferociously).

Highly recommend for a gift for little ones!
11 comment39 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2010
We bought this as a half-birthday present for my six month old son. We live in a small house and don't have a whole lot of room for a ton of toys, so when we shop for him, we make an effort to find toys that will keep him busy for a long time without taking up too much space.

This set definitely fits the bill. It's small enough that I often carry it around in my backpack when we're out and about during the day. For him, it's really six toys in one-- he'll play with each of the foods individually, then play with the bag.

The foods themselves have a lot of play potential. My son is still at the stage where he mostly likes to chew on them, crinkle the crinkly bits, and whack things with the foods. But as he gets older, I expect he'll start exploring the objects a little more, starting to find things like the mirror in the milk container, the way the banana peels, etc.

The only thing I _don't_ like about the set: the material that covers the apple is a sort of nylon, and as my little guy chews on it, it's starting to look distinctly fuzzy. Still seems safe, but I'm surprised how worn it looks after relatively little play. (This is not a problem with the other foods, though, which all still look great.)

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it for a 6 month old, and I think a 1 year old would still have fun with it as well.
0Comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2009
I bought this for my niece's first birthday. She loved it!!! The bag is soft and the grocery items are so cute. It was a little smaller than I thought it would be but is the perfect size for her. I would highly recommend this gift for a little boy or girl. It is also a good way to teach kids about fruits and vegetables...which I didn't think about until just now.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2009
This product is great. The toys all have different feels to them, different functions, and some make noise. My 1-year old loves it and she carries the bag around everywhere. I would definitely recommend this product.
on February 25, 2010
My daughter loves this toy, especially the lettuce for some reason. She drools on the tools constantly and I have washed several times and comes out like brand new.
on August 26, 2011
The toy itself is super adorable. The grocery bag is brown felt, the orange is a corduroy type material that opens to reveal the 'inside' of an orange. The banana is felt and the little peel has Velcro on the ends so you can peel and unpeel it. The apple is this silky spandex type material that has a sweet little jingle on the inside. The cauliflower has those crinkly leaves that babies seem to think are a drug because they just can't get enough of the sound, and the little milk jug is vinyl which opens up at the top to reveal a little mirror. So sweet and adorable. And we don't let our daughter play with it because it has a horrible smell of formaldehyde. My mom got this for her last Christmas (2010) and it STILL smells. We have allowed it to 'air out' for months. It makes me so darn sad because I know she'd love it. I hope I'm the only one with this problem.
22 comments33 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2012
I bought this for my 6 month old son and he seems to really enjoy it. It is really adorable, however we have had the product for a month now and he was chewing on the orange and when we took the orange away from him the colors had bled all over his shirt. I am concerned with what he may have ingested... We would have given this product a 5, but I am worried about the safety of it now!
on January 8, 2010
Super cute and WAY cheaper than in catalogs I have received. Good buy. Good toy.
on January 5, 2010
This product is adorable. Each item makes a noise (crinkle, bells, rattle)that keeps my 11 month old entertained. I especially love the banana that you can "peel." The bag and each grocery item is well made and of a high quality material.
on February 26, 2013
Bought this for my niece for Christmas and I was surprised to see the orange oozing some kind of oily material and it didn't smell like citrus! All in all a nice looking set, but it made my stomach turn, returned.