4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but on the smallish side.
Published on March 8, 2010 by Max Power

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing is Perfect
Published on October 9, 2009 by Charlie Jinn

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing is Perfect, October 9, 2009
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
My wife and I have spent a lot of money in our life time buying pots and pans. Some even claims "life Time Warranty" and cost triple the price, but nothing last a life time, not even close. When it was time to purchase another set, I did a lot of research (for days). Consumers Report, Amazon.com, etc. Earth Pan received very good reviews over all and it was safe (no PTFEs or PFOAs)- we have young children.

The first few days, everything was fine. We read the instructions twice to make sure we followed everything to the letter.

Cons:
1. Non-stick: It still sticks, and depends on what you are cooking, cleaning up afterwards could still be time consuming.
2. Stainless steel handles gets very hot, so be careful, or get the plastic/rubber handle set.
3. Somehow when you get stains on the outside of the pots or pans, NO WAY of cleaning it off. I have research the internet and tried everything, and the stains are still there.
4. Like many other complaints about this set, yes, the pots are too small for everyday use. I agreed.

Pro:
1. Earth pan is well made and attractive.
2. Price is right.

If oneday the non-stick coating comes off (and they will, like all the other non sticks cookwares we ever own), I don't have to worry about harmful chemicals getting into our bodies (espically our kid's).

Update: 11/30/09

These pans are just as bad as the others. It sticks really bad after 3 months. I am so disappointed! Days of research and the "Consumers Report Rating" has not provided me with any satisfactions. Don't buy this. Really.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it..., February 5, 2010
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
My husband is very cautious to read reviews before making 'major' purchases. He was very impressed with the reviews and the eco-friendly aspect of these pans therefore he bought the set for me for Christmas (on my request for new pans). I absolutely loved these at first. I made sure everyone in the hhouse knew how they were to be used and cared for so we could keep them like new as long as possible. About 6 months into owning them, one pan got ruined - i think my teen-aged son sprayed cooking spray in it. There was absolutely nothing i could do to get it clean and have things not stick. Now its about 1 year later and the pan i use the most is sticking horribly. I am very dissappointed in these pans and hope that anyone who buys them doesnt get their expectations up too high. We are going with cast iron...tried and true - easier to maintain, clean and more durable.

3.0 out of 5 stars poor nonstick, August 10, 2009
My inlaws got these for us because Consumer Reports gave them an excellent rating. We liked the weight and overall quality, and loved the fact that they were made without hazardous chemicals. However, after less than 1 month of proper use, the smallest fry pan had lost its nonstick quality and the next size up was wearing too. We returned the pans and got the similarly priced Rachel Ray set instead. It's been 6 months and the Rachel Ray pans are still in perfect condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but on the smallish side., March 8, 2010
Max Power (West Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
We purchased these after a great deal of research. The pans arrived quickly and were packaged well. They are heavy and seem well-made. As for appearance they are very nice. The handles seem solid and the lids are tight fitting and heavy. I've read complaints about the pans being too heavy, but that's not something I feel is a bad thing. The non-stick coating works very well. Eggs, sauces, even oatmeal has not been a problem at all. I have not had any problems with denting or problems with the coating (although we follow directions quite closely, lest we ruin something because of our ineptitude). The conduct heat very well and you need to use a lower heat setting because of this. The use of vegetable oil is not recommended, so we haven't used it! My only problem with the set (and it was my own fault for not thinking) is the size of the saute pans. They are perfect for two, perhaps three people. But in our family of 4 they tend to be a bit small. The sizes were clearly stated and I should have paid more attention to them. The 8 qt stockpot is wonderful though and like the other saucepans tapers in towards the middle slightly which makes emptying them much easier. For an experienced chef these would probably not suffice, (but what chef would use non-stick?!?) but for home-style cooking with easy clean-up and an affordable price I don't really think you could go wrong with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, October 25, 2010
Jacob M. Beck "Jake" (Mechanicville, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
If you follow the directions, these pans will do exactly what you need them to do. Don't cook on anything higher than a medium heat, don't wash in a dishwasher, use plastic/wooden utensils on them. I even put a paper towel between the pieces when I store them after use just to be sure not to scratch them at all.

I have had this set for almost a year now, and they work just like they did on the very first use out of the box. I could not be happier with a set that I spent this amount of money on.

Bought my brother a set of these when he moved into a new apartment, and he loves them just as much as I do.

Would recommend to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen to directions and not vary from those directions at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars earthware pans, March 5, 2009
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
You must read the instructions and follow them.
I do not put pans in the dishwasher, and this sand coating makes clean up easy, and so far nothing has burnt or stuck in them.

A larger (16") skillet would be advantageous. I found that for some skillet meals, I have to go back to the old skillet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, January 9, 2010
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
I guess somehow I didn't get the same pan set as some of the folks who left negative feedback on this item. This Earth Pan set is excellent. After searching for a good, non toxic pan set on Consumer Reports, it was between this set, and the Starfrit. This set had more items, and a cheaper price, so I chose it. Boy am I happy I did. Nothing sticks, the heat is oh so evenly distributed, and it is a very attractive bunch of pans. The glass lids are key. Now, I listened to some of the other reviewers and kept a close eye on how much less heat these pans need to cook so I didn't have any burning or sticking issues. You can definitely use a little less heat than with your normal set. I highly recommend this set- great cooking, great tasting food, and a little less pollution in the air, and your body. What could be better?

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely NOT non-stick, July 5, 2010
Rolio (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
I got the set for a gift and was very excited... until I started using them. EVERYTHING sticks to them. I have never used more non-stick cooking spray or butter to cook in my life. Bacon even sticks to the pan and that creates a lot of fat. Chicken sticks to the pan and then literally breaks apart from trying to PRY it from the pan! Cooking eggs is a nightmare. Clean up is like no other pan I've ever had. I have to soak the frying pans and they've never come totally clean again. A LOT of elbow grease to scrub off these pans...and it still looks aweful. There's nothing non-stick about these pans.. they are like magnets to all food. Do yourself a big favor avoid these pans.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy these pans, July 27, 2011
D. Heiler "DH" (, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
I bought these pans in January. The whole set seems to be losing its non-stick surface at once. Anything we cook sticks to the whole interior of the pan. It's time already to toss'em and buy new.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, April 24, 2011
This review is from: Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set (Kitchen)
The lids get hot and the nonstick coating peels off. We only owned the set for less than 2 years. Not any better than the cheapest pots and pans you find at big box retailers. Don't waste your money.

Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set