Most helpful critical review
411 of 428 people found the following review helpful
Nothing is Perfect
on October 9, 2009
My wife and I have spent a lot of money in our life time buying pots and pans. Some even claims "life Time Warranty" and cost triple the price, but nothing last a life time, not even close. When it was time to purchase another set, I did a lot of research (for days). Consumers Report, Amazon.com, etc. Earth Pan received very good reviews over all and it was safe (no PTFEs or PFOAs)- we have young children.
The first few days, everything was fine. We read the instructions twice to make sure we followed everything to the letter.
1. Non-stick: It still sticks, and depends on what you are cooking, cleaning up afterwards could still be time consuming.
2. Stainless steel handles gets very hot, so be careful, or get the plastic/rubber handle set.
3. Somehow when you get stains on the outside of the pots or pans, NO WAY of cleaning it off. I have research the internet and tried everything, and the stains are still there.
4. Like many other complaints about this set, yes, the pots are too small for everyday use. I agreed.
1. Earth pan is well made and attractive.
2. Price is right.
If oneday the non-stick coating comes off (and they will, like all the other non sticks cookwares we ever own), I don't have to worry about harmful chemicals getting into our bodies (espically our kid's).
These pans are just as bad as the others. It sticks really bad after 3 months. I am so disappointed! Days of research and the "Consumers Report Rating" has not provided me with any satisfactions. Don't buy this. Really.