5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
Published on July 24, 2008 by hipmama

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed :(
Published on January 6, 2012 by DinosaurPineapple

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed :(, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Earth Mama Angel Baby Booby Tubes, 1 Set (Health and Beauty)
I was desperate for relief when my milk came in and I was dealing with engorgement. The concept behind these is great and I really really wanted to like them, but no cigar. They don't hold heat or cold for very long, but worst of all they are absorbent. They are full of all natural good stuff I am sure, but as soon as your huge swollen melons leak all over them they turn into bags of mushy oatmeal, and when that dries they are very... crunchy. You obviously can't wash them so they are ruined.Not very practical but oh well. I still haven't found anything that helps with engorgement significantly besides a good sleeping nursing bra, It's just something you have to get through. It does end though, I promise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 24, 2008
hipmama (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This has been so helpful through the various stages of breastfeeding - with engorgement when my milk first came in, then helped me get over mastitis, and finally, encourages let-down when I need to pump. I think that it works better as a hot compress, rather than a cold one, and it takes about 1 minute in a microwave to get it ready. It opens up for a great fit, and has lasted me for 4 months with no signs of wear. I highly recommend this for all new moms!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Increased my milk supply!, December 1, 2011
I bought the Booby Tubes becacuse my milk supply was going down. . .
Before my son was born I knew I wanted to breastfeed and my goal is to make it to one year. When my son was 3 months old I went back to work full time. I breastfeed him when I am home and he drinks pumped milk when I am working. I pump 3 times a day when I am at work and after about a month and a half of doing this I noticed that my milk supply was dwindling. So, after reading the reviews, I decided to give Booby Tubes a try and I am so glad that I did. I pop them in the microwave and put them on as I am getting my breast pump ready. I leave them on while I am pumping and I am pumping twice as much as I was right before I tried the tubes. I have now been using them for a couple of weeks and am pumping plenty of milk for my beautiful baby boy!

3.0 out of 5 stars They Have Several Uses..., January 19, 2012
I have only ended up using these for my breasts a few times. They are a bit awkwardly shaped for practical use. I couldn't really get them to stay on, but they do feel good when you are really in pain. What I use them for now is to warm up the bassinet before I put the baby in it. I microwave them and put them in her bassinet to warm the sheets where she lies. Then I remove them before I put her in. The difference in temperature doesn't wake her when she goes from my body while I nurse her off to sleep, then into her bassinet.

5.0 out of 5 stars came in handy, April 17, 2011
I used these a ton during the first 3-4 months after birth. They were great warm AND cold. I used them initially to help with engorgement and then again during a bout of mastitis. After that I used them often to help keep mastitis at bay until my milk regulated itself (which didn't happen until about 14 weeks or so). These were invaluable to me during those 14 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great for encouraging milk let down and for treat of plugged ducts., February 27, 2009
These are soft and easy to warm in the microwave. I wish I would have found these sooner! Great for breastfeeding! I like these so much better than the gel soothies that are sold by other companies.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for clogged ducts, April 22, 2011
Andi (Saint Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
I discovered these when nursing my second son and they are truly genius. Yes, they are filled with something similar to other non-gel heat pack products you can buy at your local drugstore. The main difference here is the shape. They are perfect for any size chest (as far as I can tell) because the coil shape is expandable. Before these, I was cramming this giant bean pack down my shirt and trying to strap it on long enough to benefit from the heat. The tubes fit right into your bra and truly do make a clogged duct situation a little less horrifying. OH, and they produce a 'wet heat' which is the best kind.

3.0 out of 5 stars not for large-breasted women, March 22, 2012
I love the idea of this product, but it didn't work for me.

Pre-pregnancy I was a 32F and my breasts grew from there. When my breasts became engorged after birth I tried pumping to relieve the discomfort. The warmth of these tubes helped but it took 2 of these to cover one breast. My husband had to hold the tubes on my breast while I pumped which was very ackward. I also had to remicrowave them a few times each times I pumped because the warmth didn't last long enough (2-3 times each side). There was no way these were fitting inside a bra for me, they required hands to hold them in place which meant I couldn't do anything else if I was using these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, September 16, 2012
These work exactly as described. Very soothing for sore breasts. You can place them directly on skin from your freezer without added discomfort from the cold. These really helped me get through the first painful weeks of breast feeding.

2.0 out of 5 stars Make these at home - buy durable ones., April 23, 2013
Amjra "la tanguera" (Arlington Heights, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These tubes do the job - just not as well as the "less Natural" options. You can make these yourself at home in a washable variety.

Do these Booby Tubes do the job? Sure, if you microwave them, they get hot, put them in the freezer and they get cold - they just don't retain the heat or cold for very long. I stored mine in the freezer, in a ziploc, but they only stayed cold for 10 minutes or so.

Also, they are a bit bulky and don't stay in place very long. The "tube" shape makes a little doesn't really provide all over relief. If you are trying to wear them around under a nursing bra or sleep in the them, the shape is not convenient, makes it difficult to get a bra on, and the heaviness is just one more thing to deal with. In fact, you can replicate the same product at home by filling an old tube sock with some tiny little beans. This is an option recommended by multiple mid-wives and doulas for an at-home soother. Best part is you can empty and wash an old sock when they inevitably get breast milk all over them - these little babies not so much.

I have much preferred the comfort, washability and durability of my Lansinoh Therapearl Gel packs. They fit around the breast offering thin all over comfort that really can be worn overnight or all day. Lansinoh THERA PEARL 3-in-1 Hot or Cold Breast Therapy 2 pack

Earth Mama Angel Baby Booby Tubes, 1 Set