Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 6, 2012
I was desperate for relief when my milk came in and I was dealing with engorgement. The concept behind these is great and I really really wanted to like them, but no cigar. They don't hold heat or cold for very long, but worst of all they are absorbent. They are full of all natural good stuff I am sure, but as soon as your huge swollen melons leak all over them they turn into bags of mushy oatmeal, and when that dries they are very... crunchy. You obviously can't wash them so they are ruined.Not very practical but oh well. I still haven't found anything that helps with engorgement significantly besides a good sleeping nursing bra, It's just something you have to get through. It does end though, I promise!
44 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2008
This has been so helpful through the various stages of breastfeeding - with engorgement when my milk first came in, then helped me get over mastitis, and finally, encourages let-down when I need to pump. I think that it works better as a hot compress, rather than a cold one, and it takes about 1 minute in a microwave to get it ready. It opens up for a great fit, and has lasted me for 4 months with no signs of wear. I highly recommend this for all new moms!!
on December 1, 2011
I bought the Booby Tubes becacuse my milk supply was going down. . .
Before my son was born I knew I wanted to breastfeed and my goal is to make it to one year. When my son was 3 months old I went back to work full time. I breastfeed him when I am home and he drinks pumped milk when I am working. I pump 3 times a day when I am at work and after about a month and a half of doing this I noticed that my milk supply was dwindling. So, after reading the reviews, I decided to give Booby Tubes a try and I am so glad that I did. I pop them in the microwave and put them on as I am getting my breast pump ready. I leave them on while I am pumping and I am pumping twice as much as I was right before I tried the tubes. I have now been using them for a couple of weeks and am pumping plenty of milk for my beautiful baby boy!
on January 19, 2012
I have only ended up using these for my breasts a few times. They are a bit awkwardly shaped for practical use. I couldn't really get them to stay on, but they do feel good when you are really in pain. What I use them for now is to warm up the bassinet before I put the baby in it. I microwave them and put them in her bassinet to warm the sheets where she lies. Then I remove them before I put her in. The difference in temperature doesn't wake her when she goes from my body while I nurse her off to sleep, then into her bassinet.
on April 17, 2011
I used these a ton during the first 3-4 months after birth. They were great warm AND cold. I used them initially to help with engorgement and then again during a bout of mastitis. After that I used them often to help keep mastitis at bay until my milk regulated itself (which didn't happen until about 14 weeks or so). These were invaluable to me during those 14 weeks.
VINE VOICEon April 23, 2013
These tubes do the job - just not as well as the "less Natural" options. You can make these yourself at home in a washable variety.

Do these Booby Tubes do the job? Sure, if you microwave them, they get hot, put them in the freezer and they get cold - they just don't retain the heat or cold for very long. I stored mine in the freezer, in a ziploc, but they only stayed cold for 10 minutes or so.

Also, they are a bit bulky and don't stay in place very long. The "tube" shape makes a little doesn't really provide all over relief. If you are trying to wear them around under a nursing bra or sleep in the them, the shape is not convenient, makes it difficult to get a bra on, and the heaviness is just one more thing to deal with. In fact, you can replicate the same product at home by filling an old tube sock with some tiny little beans. This is an option recommended by multiple mid-wives and doulas for an at-home soother. Best part is you can empty and wash an old sock when they inevitably get breast milk all over them - these little babies not so much.

I have much preferred the comfort, washability and durability of my Lansinoh Therapearl Gel packs. They fit around the breast offering thin all over comfort that really can be worn overnight or all day. Lansinoh THERA PEARL 3-in-1 Hot or Cold Breast Therapy 2 pack
on September 16, 2012
These work exactly as described. Very soothing for sore breasts. You can place them directly on skin from your freezer without added discomfort from the cold. These really helped me get through the first painful weeks of breast feeding.
on October 7, 2014
I bought these while still pregnant, but with the view to breastfeed. I was told that I would get sore breasts and nipples at some point. Well, unfortunately I've had to use these, but I'm happy I have them!

They are well made, do not smell (some products like this have unpleasant smells) and easy to use. Their design means that you can position them as needed and will easily accommodate all breast sizes - smaller and larger.

They are easy to prepare (microwave for 40 seconds) and stay comfortably in your bra. The pack recommends using these for five minutes prior to feeding. I wear them longer for added relief prior to and after feeding, but I need to re-heat them as the heat only remains for 5-10 minutes.

Importantly, these Booby Tubes work. They provide relief for sore breasts and nipples from frequently feeding from hungry little babies.

Great product, reusable, adjustable, high quality and made in the USA!

Highly recommended!
on May 8, 2012
Bra size: 40E/40F

I had a plugged duct and have a recurring bleb on my left side. I'm a working mom and pump twice a day at work. I warm them up in the microwave for about 40 seconds and put them in my bra a few minutes prior to pumping. It helps make pumping more efficient. I let down and drain faster. For blebs, it works good too. I heat it up and put it in my bra making sure my nipple is directly on the booby tube. It feels better and helps clear the bleb when I pump DIRECTLY after applying the heat compress.

Pros: Comfortable on the skin, moist heat, compact, natural, fits in bra nicely.
Cons: Doesn't stay hot for very long. If it's placed in your bra directly from the microwave, it'll last a good 5 minutes. It will not sit on your boob while pumping because of the fabric cover. It slides off.

I'm a double pumper. I've got my hands full holding the bottles and massaging my breasts while I pump. I don't use the pumping bra because it doesn't allow me access to massage to help drain completely.

Prior to this, I was using orthomed cold/hot gel pack. The heat lasts longer and because of its plastic packaging, I can rest it on my boob while I pump to maintain the heat compress. Both work great, but the booby tubes are much more discreet and comfortable on the skin.
on June 30, 2015
I've used these with two children. With my first child, I used these periodically mostly around the two bouts of mastitis that I had. With my second child, I use them consistently and I haven't had any issues with mastitis so far.

With both of my children, I went through long stretches of pumping exclusively so I know exactly how much I produced during each session. I have an average supply, and WITHOUT using Booby Tubes I was able to manually express about 1 ounce after each pumping. WITH Booby Tubes on the breast (warm during pumping), I consistently got a much better yield and when I manually express at the end of my pumping session, there's very little milk left in the breast -- nothing measurable. They also help me relax while I pump which probably helps my yield too. So based on my experience, this product helps empty the breast.

I have used Booby Tubes cold as well, and they're much less intense than a traditional ice pack.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a use for them when I'm done breastfeeding, and I can't pass them on to someone else for hygienic reasons, but I'm grateful for them now, would recommend them, and would buy them again.