4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good--eco-friendly non-stick cook pan
I've been using this pan for cooking eggs every morning for several weeks now. It's working well, but to keep it that way, I plan to
Published on September 18, 2010 by Ellen K. Kremkus

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for 1month--NOT NON STICK long term
I purchased this for my husband so we could get rid of the old flaking teflon and wanted to go with something "Greener". My husband loves to make over easy eggs and for the first month this pan worked great, but now our eggs are sticking VERY badly. Even with butter or oil, we have sticking problems.

I wish it was the pan for us, but everything sticks now...
Published on October 28, 2010 by Angela Price

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for 1month--NOT NON STICK long term, October 28, 2010
This review is from: Earth Pan Hard Anodized Nonstick Skillet, 12-Inch (Kitchen)

I wish it was the pan for us, but everything sticks now. So, I search on for a pan that isn't toxic and doesn't stick...because this one might be non toxic, but it does stick to food!

I never used any metal tools on it. I always hand washed, never used the dishwasher on it. I have treated this as a baby and can't believe my treatment of pan could have been the cause of the non stick no longer working.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good--eco-friendly non-stick cook pan, September 18, 2010
cook only eggs in it and use the minimum amount of heat needed. Sometimes it does stick a little but comes loose with a little push. I do use "better butter" (part butter and part canola)and try to spread a thin coat also a bit up the sides sometimes by using a pastry brush. There seems to be no pan that maintains a perfect non-stick ability. This pan is heavy which does make it function better. I bought it because of the resaonable price, because the non-stick surface is supposed to be more eco-friendly, and because of the Farberware name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Earth Pan, August 30, 2012
I was interested in trying this product because Consumer Reports rated it as a best buy and talked about how even it cooked and how durable the non stick coating was. I have been totally satisfied with it. If I cooked eggs in my old pan it left more egg stuck to the pan than I had to eat. Even without any oil or butter you can just tilt the pan sideways and the egg slides right off. The non stick coating is the best I have ever seen. This is heavier than the pans I have been using so it takes a bit longer to heat up but does heat very evenly. Everything about the pan is heavy and strong. One thing I noticed is if I don't have a lid on the pan the handle is heavy enough it won't sit flat (unless you are cooking something of course). It is the easiest pan to clean I have ever owned. I would definitely rate it as a good choice for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, March 10, 2012
We have had this pan for over a year. Still looks like new and still non-stick and we use it a lot. We did sew together 2 dish towels to make a protective sleeve for it so that it did not get scratched while stacked with other pans. I think it is also important to follow the instructions and allow the pan to cool slowly on the warm burner. We also do not use non-stick cooking sprays which is in accordance with the instructions. We frequently scramble eggs in the pan and once it cools, we could easily wipe the pan clean with a paper towel. Omlettes don't stick. And no worries about the potential health hazards of cooking on typical non-stick pans.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, September 21, 2010
bought it as I did not want to buy teflon.it was difficult to clean from the start -- it didn't feel like non stick. I used it to make omelet, and heat some indian tortillas---the gray surface turned brown --with 2-3 uses and now 1 mth later the pan is completely black. It was a total waste of money. I never put it in the dishawsher. I don;t want cookware to last forever but this didn't last even a wk .. would never recommend to buy it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Slickest cookware!!, January 30, 2010
I love my set of Earth Sand Pans. They require less heat to cook foods. My rice comes out fluffy and does not stick on the bottom. Any cooked residue comes off easily without much scouring. They require very little oil for cooking vegetables, meats, etc in the fry pan. My meat does brown. They are light weight and easy to handle. I only wish that the manufacturer would come out with some larger size pans in the future. I am very happy with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not durable, November 27, 2009
The pan works well in the beginning. After a week of use, eggs start to stick to the pan. Called the company. They said it is manufacturing defect. We sent in the pan for replacement. We'll see how the replacement works.Earth Pan II by Farberware Hard Anodized 12-Inch Skillet

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, March 22, 2013
Discovered chips or defects in the coating surface only one week after the 30-day warranty expired.Notified the manufacturer,and even sent the pan back.The Meyer Corp would not warranty product.Can you believe it ? In this day and age, not giving a warranty on a new technology non-stick process? I would never recommend buying another one of the new non-stick pans for health reasons.It forced me to read up on the hazards of using Teflon and other non-stick surfaces.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, October 18, 2012
We bought the whole set and we've been using the 12" and the 8" "nonstick" skillets. They were good when they were new but after 5 or 6 uses, they're no longer nonstick skillets. It was so bad that we had to go back to the 12" skillet we bought at Tuesday Morning 8 years ago for $10.00 and it still works great. Too bad I cannot return this product because I threw away the box. I would not recommend this product to anyone not even to my enemies.

1.0 out of 5 stars The non stick pan that sticks, August 16, 2013
I do a lot of cooking at home, this pan is the worse i ever had. the third time i isued it, was making flank steak. when i started to clean it, i noticed that it was every hard to clear the bottom of the pan, unless i really rubbed hard ( it is a NONSTICK). then it has been getting worse and worse every time i cook something, this is supposed to be one of the bestNONSTICKS. i wasted my money on this now i have to buy a new one. This pan is only a few months old, bad,bad quality.

Earth Pan Hard Anodized Nonstick Skillet, 12-Inch