5.0 out of 5 stars WOW it really works
Published 23 months ago by W. Dietrich

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent well made product but cheaper to make on your own.
I have several of these growing peppers, basil, tomatoes, and herbs and they work quite well. I was able to make larger ones by purchasing storage bins, plastic pond filters and pvc pipe at Home Depot for about 1/4 the price. It took 2-3 hours per container to build one so when I consider the value of my time, the Earthboxes are probably a better deal.
Published 21 months ago by P. Mulloy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW it really works, March 14, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
I live in Vegas and the ground here is to hard to really dig into and the heat makes it hard for me to plant anything. I bought my first Earth Box several years ago and now own 3. During the spring / early summer months I have grown just about everything you can think of. One is dedicated to herbs, one has tomatoes and basil, and one is for flowers. What I love is that they are light enough to pick up and move even when filled with dirt so if something is showing damage from the sun I can move to shade. The fact that you have a tube to fill with water which goes under the dirt (there is a shelf that fits on the bottem of the box) you can fill it leave for a weekend and not worry about everything drying up. I just use a small amount of fertilizer with miracle growth potting soil and everything I grow turns out nice better than what I grew in ground when I lived in California. Not sure why everything is so easy to grow in the box but it is worth the money to buy the earth box instead of using a typical pot.

I have never seen Earthbox products in the store and the only place i know to buy them from is Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Can't Beat This, May 15, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
I have been using an earthbox to grow my tomatoes for five years. I know it seems like a lot to spend on a plastic box but it works better than anything else I have tried. I have experimented with different varieties and I have planted the same tomatoes side by side in the earth box and other containers. The earth box wins every time. There are more tomatoes and healthier big plants. The yield is enormous. They will get so big that you will need some support for them.

The only drawback is that you must keep them watered. You cannot go away for the weekend and leave them unattended. They grow so big that they drink a lot of water -- sometimes on a hot summer day near the end of the summer when they are really big, you need to water them in the morning and the evening. Sometimes I will hook up the hose so there is a very slow drip into the tube if I am going to be away somewhere -- otherwise have a neighbor water for you.

I have not tried other vegetables but I'm sure they would work just as well. They used to include a planting guide and when I saw that I was only supposed to put 2 tomato plants (I use the variety 'Celebrity') in the whole box, I thought, "Well, that's a lot of money to spend to grow 2 tomatoes!" However, this year I had over 100 tomatoes on 2 plants -- these are full size tomatoes -- not cherry tomatoes. If you add that up, you will pay for it in one year. Happy planting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for anyone who loves fresh veggies all year around, October 3, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
I have had these for 6+ years and finally order MORE! I even grow tomatoes inside during the winter months when no one else can! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, February 23, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
It works just like they say - my little tomato plants are very happy. So far so good - now lets see if I get lots of red juicy tomatoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Earth box, September 20, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
Arrived quickly. Good quality product. A little expensive but, they do last for years and work very well. I have tried planting in the ground, buckets and home made earth boxes. These work the best year after year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for growing vegetables with limited space, May 18, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
We have been using this product for several seasons now. With limited space, it provides a very good solution for growing vegetables. The optional cages work well with tomatoes and cucumbers.

I found it extremely easy to set up an irrigation system since each box has a watering tube.

A nice feature of the product is that it has a drain so that you can't over-water, yet it will retain water for several days. It's as close to fool-proof as it gets.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no better way to garden, June 15, 2013
David Kent (Waynesville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
This was not a "new" purchase for me, but an additional one. I have used these for years, and there is no better way to grow vegetables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, March 23, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
This product worked so well and was so easy that I ordered Three more since then. I now mix some of my own solid for them. Pear based. I also add a pound or so of rock dust (Azomite), in addition to the dolomite and fertilizer. Very happy with these boxes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Set-Up for People w/Special Needs, June 25, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
I noted this in my review of the matching Earthbox Stand, but I ordered this for a client that I work with who is non-ambulatory and uses a power wheelchair for mobility. She wanted to take up gardening, but needed a garden system that would accommodate her mobility impairments. The Earthbox gardening system - container, stand, and caster wheels - is great for individuals who aren't able to bend over, stand up, etc. The cost is a little on the high side in my opinion, but I suppose once you factor in the re-usability aspect of it over several years, it makes sense. The order arrived with parts missing, but Earthbox was prompt and responsive in fixing the problem and sending out the missing components.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it & does the job, July 20, 2013
This review is from: EarthBox® Green Container Gardening System
I own several Earth box products. This one does fine, although my only negative is that they did not provide a plastic cap to cover the plastic pipe that you use to add water to the box. This equates to water evaporating faster than it should if they would have supplied the .25 cent cap. Otherwise it works great. I have pepper & herbs in it & they look great

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›