Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on October 26, 2010
So I got this almost a month back. For about 20 days I used it in my bed under my legs. (now I use the queen half-bedsheet while sleeping)

I suffer from Adrenal fatigue which is basically not having enough energy to do even daily tasks. The first thing I noticed immediately using this mat is that I have more energy the next day.

I wake up more refreshed now where before I used to wake up feeling like the sleep didn't refresh me... like I still felt fatigued. I also found that its more easier to stay asleep when grounded (insomniacs take note!). This energy has helped to be more positive every day; it helps me to do more of my everyday tasks and more easily. Seriously, I feel like I have a new life. I felt so good that I bought the queen bed sheet.

I still nap during the day as I need energy because of my extreme condition. But I feel that using this technology over the next several months should help me tremendously.

For computer use, I notice that I feel less fatigued and "wired" than if I was not using the mat. Probably by about a third to a half.

Watch out for my updates!

UPDATE: March 25,2011
Note: I use both this computer pad and the half bed-sheet.

In regards to the computer pad; it still works the same way. I feel it is absorbing away that staticky energy and leaves me more grounded... in other words I am feeling better. Highly recommended if you use computer for a long time. I sometimes even use it while watching a movie on HD TV (which emit a lot of EMFs!)

the half bed-sheet: Still works just as well. My energy levels are better with the amount of sleep I get while on bed sheet. Even if I just lie on the sheet without getting sleep... I feel refreshed... in direct relation to how much time I've spent on it. (In addition the more of the sheet that is touching my body, the more it seems to work; just like the inventor says. So I have it laying vertical for maximum contact.) Earthing has helped tremendously with my ADRENAL FATIGUE but I've reached a sort of plateau because of new stressors. They're sort of crossing each other out. It could have been much worse without the earthing. I am planning to move to a rental home soon (from an apartment now) and start gardening. Because I see how important it is to stay in touch with the earth, literally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 05, 2012

I just wanted to add that 13 months later, the computer mat is still conductive and working but the bed sheets are not. They don't last more than a few months.
1616 comments|418 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2010
Greetings,
I've been using my earthing mat for a little over a month now. I sleep with it on my bare legs every night, and using during the day when I am home sitting and what not.
I've been living with physical pain in my left hip, and left leg for 10 years now since I was 15 I am now 25. I was a runner with track and xc in highschool, and I became severely injured and ran on injured legs which made the pain and injury that much more intense. This was all piled high with two separate, invasive leg surgeries a couple years after. I'll acknowledge I haven't ran since then, and probably will never partake in that past time hobby again. Just this past year I have been searching for ways to heal and nourish myself, and to get rid of the pain.
I finally found the Earthing mat with the help of David Wolfe's guidance and supportive videos which lead me to using the earthing mat.
I am feeling better, and I can walk up to 3 miles at certain times with no pain. I have bad days and good days, but each and everyday I notice significant improvements.

If anyone is dealing with physical pain, you need to trust that it works. For so long I have had confusion about whether my body will heal, and now I can finally have a bit of relief.
I have tried a lot of things to try to relieve the pain in my hips and everything I do is only temporary relief.
I can factually say the Earthing Mat, out of my ten years of intense physical pain is the ONLY thing that has got me out of the house walking on trails, knowing that I can walk, and not dread the notion that pain will erupt.
I am more than pleased, and this is a huge turning point in my life to be able to be a part of this Earthing, an amazing discovery.

Its good to walk barefoot and take off shoes outside. It's even better to have an earthing mat, because while you are sleeping, it will be working and connecting you with Earth, and you won't have to worry or feel guilty that you spend so much time being separate from the ground.
2727 comments|263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 15, 2011
My sister loaned me her Kindle ebook, Earthing, and I confess I was just not in the mood to read it. Had it not been on a two-week loan and I knew she was going to ask me about it, I probably would have put off reading it indefinitely. But I'm so glad I read it! The ideas in this book made a lot of sense to me, and I knew from the experience of working outside in my garden that there is definitely a difference in how I feel when I work gloved or gloveless. I adore going barefooted, too, although I never understood why. Now I do. And how nice to have a way of improving one's health without spending any money doing it just by walking around outside barefooted as much as possible to "ground" to the Earth.

It's been too darned hot here to go outside at all, so I splurged and bought this earthing mat for myself for my birthday. I was delighted to discover it came with the book and an outlet tester, too! (The whole package would make such a nice, nice gift. Everything a clueless person needs to begin Earthing is included.) I'm going to document here what I've been going through with it so far and will return to add more over time if I think it would be helpful. But I think I have enough experience with it now to give you a sense of it. (In the interest of full disclosure, I am very sensitive to energy and very tuned into my own body. If you are not, you may not notice that anything is happening.)

In four days, this has been my experience, and this is how I've used the earthing mat every day: Plugged it in, laid it on my bed where I work on my laptop, alternating the soles of my feet (knees bent) or the backs of my calves (legs straight) while working, just whatever felt comfortable. The soles of my feet tingle when they are against the mat, and the backs of my calves tingle when they are against the mat; I can feel the tingling--actually, more like an energizing--all the way up to my knees. I am up and down during the day, and at night I've been sleeping with the mat touching my clean, bare skin in some way.

The first night I slept lying with my cheek on the mat like a pillow. I woke up with a terrible headache and feeling like I was coming down with an awful flu. This lasted two days, and then the third day I was better but awfully queasy. I noticed that some red, inflamed tissue around some slow-to-heal sores on my arms had started settling down and the sores were healing up. Periodically, I'd feel a fleeting, stabbing-pain sensation here and there in my body but had the distinct sense that some healing was going on. I've been through Herxheimer reactions before, and this all felt like classic herxing.

DAY FOUR: Something came over me today, and I got up and cleaned up my whole room (which was a disaster area), vacuumed, and did all my laundry and got it folded and put away. As I was working, I noticed that I was really ENJOYING the exertion, like I imagine people who are into working out must enjoy it. Instead of dead-tired and having to force myself to move, I felt a sense of vitality that I don't think I've felt since I was in my twenties. I cannot tell you what a major thing this is for me. I have had such low tolerance for exercise that I've badly failed treadmill stress tests and cannot do anything the least bit physically taxing for more than about thirty minutes without getting dizzy and sick to my stomach. But today, I worked hard and it felt so GOOD to do that! This tells me something majorly good is going on. That's why I just had to come and post a review, even though I had planned to give it more time.

I have suffered from fibromyalgia, "painful fat," fatigue and depression, and a tendency to overheat very easily upon exertion for several decades. I am disabled for treatment-resistant depression and have been taking various medications for it for decades just to keep myself in a baseline dysthymic state. I've been aware of my breathing in a bad way; my lungs are not in great shape, and my sister died of COPD when she was my age. There has been no place on my body I could touch without feeling pain; wearing anything binding has been unbearable; and I've been puffy with a pallid, "dead fish" complexion for years. But since I started earthing, the painfulness has improved substantially, the puffiness is going down, and my coloring seems to be getting pinker. It even feels like I'm breathing a little better. So nobody's going to convince me that this is "just another New Age scam."

In the interest of single-subject research, I should mention that I ruled out Lyme disease or exposure to anyone who was ill as a cause of my flu-like reaction. In examining possible confounding factors, the only thing I have done differently (other than using the mat) is that I started playing Gardens of Time on Facebook. I'm tempted to assume that playing Gardens of Time had nothing to do with my results, although I could be wrong!

UPDATE: It's been about a month now. After a few weeks of really noticing a difference, I stopped noticing any benefits (and I emphasize the word "noticing"). I had to do some work on another computer for a week and did not feel like moving my mat, and it's getting colder at night so I stopped trying to make sure my bare feet and legs were on the mat during the night. I was grounding at most maybe an hour a day, if at all, during that time, and I began to quickly slide back into my usual fatigued/not-feeling-so-good state. Then it occurred to me: I'm not earthing! Returning to using the mat at all times when working on the computer resulted in a quick return to the improved state I noted above. This thing WORKS.
1010 comments|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2014
I had this mat under my keyboard for less than a year and discovered that it was no longer working at all. There was no damage or reason for it to stop working.

I contacted customer support and they refused to send a replacement and only stated "that's why we offer the replacements mat for $30 on our website".

I am appalled that the mat would stop functioning for no known reason. I did test the mat right after installing it and maybe a month later again, so I know the mat wasn't defective from the beginning.

Earthing.com only offers a 90 day warranty per their customer service rep. HOWEVER there website states this on their terms and conditions page: "This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied." OMG are you kidding me?????

Also, they are in Southern California and so am I yet they charge $11 for shipping for the replacement mat.

If you do need to buy this mat as I did (It was recommended to me by my homeopathic doctor after being diagnosed with brain cancer) please test it regularly!

I also put together a youtube video showing me testing the faulty mat next to a working one. Search for "Earthing Mat Review - BEWARE! "
33 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2011
I waited 4 months before posting my results concerning this earthing "theory" just to be fair and give it a chance...

I read Earthing 4 times and found it so fascinating. Even though the anecdotal stories in the book are quite exciting, I figured at
the very least it might be a supportive health player along with eating healthy, getting enough sleep, exercising, clean air etc.

I ordered the mat knowing I was going to be able to use it almost all day and night as I work at home in front of the computer and
would also use it while sleeping. Basically I was able to spend about 20 hours a day for 4 months in contact with the mat.

I first used it a couple weeks but experienced absolutely no differences in how I felt...good or bad. I assumed that maybe a placebo-
like affect would have at least gotten my body to think some good was happening, but nothing did. My lack of any physical differences were kind of
puzzling since so many stories in the book mentioned many positive overnight reactions to a few ailments, some of which I had been
experiencing myself for a couple years prior. Supposedly even that of the the main author were differences he felt in just one night. He
tells of how he hooked up metal duct tape to a grounded wire and slept on it for one night and noticed such a big difference in his sleep
and well-being that he apparently felt compelled to devote his time and money into more research. Obviously if it had been me sleeping on
grounded duct tape my lack of well-being would have had me immediately moving on to some other theory to test, but not him. Many stories
are included in the book about fairly quick changes in peoples health. I think I remember one story concerning Lupus which now seems
kind of hard to believe.

Since nothing seemed to be happening, I called one of the companies involved with the mat. Soon I was trading emails back and forth
with someone closely connected to the Earthing book and products. I don't want to give the name as I'm going to quote some of our
correspondence in this review but I want you to know that this is someone extremely involved with the book and the earthing products.

In the meantime I also spent another $40 dollars to buy a voltmeter after watching Clint and several others on youtube show how to
check to see if the mat is actually working correctly. Initially my first thought was the grounding wire was broken. But my mat tested
correct according to the youtube instructions, the voltage did lower when I touched the grounded mat. Of course the theory, according to
the book, is that this lowering of body voltage is supposed to be beneficial. I have tested my outlet and tested the mat.

I emailed my connection about why I wasn't noticing any differences after so many hours on the mat, why there could be so many other
people posting online about also not getting any benefit...was this just another scam to sell books and expensive sheets?

These are a couple of the actual responses:

"In many cases it takes 12-16 weeks for a good healing process." Ok, fine. I've given it many weeks/months, many hours.

"As far as the the negative reviews you saw at Amazon.com are concerned, they were written by idiots who never read the book but just
dismissed the concept out of hand. Best to read the positive reviews. But please keep in mind that nothing is 100 percent and works for
everybody."

The last response pretty much got me figuring this whole thing is just a scam. I was experiencing no health differences yet I had
never "dismissed the concept out of hand", I knew I had read the book numerous times, watched every video online and was spending many
hours on the mat every day. Eventually I was asked about a long list of health issues I might have. I found this list of diseases that
apparently Earthing has no positive affects on, kind of strange since the book has numerous health challenges grounding seemed to affect
in a positive way in a fairly short amount of time.

So, I was told that negative reviews are only written by idiots.

I'm only writing this to share my experiences with Earthing. In full disclosure, I was eventually given the chance to return my mat
and get my money back. I didn't- as I know in several years I'm sure I'll be stupid enough to plug it in again once I move to a new
apartment...out of curiosity I guess.

For those of you who this legitimately worked for...Congrats. I just wanted the rest of you who innocently gave this a try and
spent money on earthing products and haven't experienced anything like what the book espouses--and written about it here...your not alone.
It was utterly worthless for me also.

And for those of you who think we were kind of silly for even giving this a chance...We/I aren't scientist. Granted there aren't
any legit scientific studies despite what the authors says, but for me it seemed like a common sense kind of thing. I watched Clint on
numerous interviews with Dr Mercola and he really seemed like a nice guy and he seemed to think this would help people. His sincerity is
what helped me decide to give this a try. After all, it was only a small money investment on my part...and I had plenty of time to give
to the mat. I'm not trying to cause trouble for Clint. He seems nice enough. I'm just not sure this whole thing is worth devoting time
and money to.

I live in a very large city where I haven't been in physical contact with the ground in over 11 years. So in my mind I wondered if
that was having any sort of negative health affects on me. Apparently not.

Good luck ya'll...good health, however you find it.
7676 comments|493 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2010
I love this product. The first day that I used it at my workplace, I was noticably less fatigued after a 10 hour day on the computer in a busy medical practice, also NO HEADACHES!- and that could be the sole reason for purchasing this mat! However, I've found other uses, such as putting it under my shoulders
while reading in bed or propping my bare feet on it while sitting watching TV or
reading, and wrapping it around my chronically painful left shoulder and upper arm for immediate pain relief. I bought one for my daughter as she also spends
long hours at the computer, and she has had the same results as I have at the workplace.
0Comment|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2012
Just a couple of tips to get the most out of your earthing mat. Preferably connect your mat to a grounding rod outside, as opposed to connecting it into the ground on an electrical outlet. (grounding to the earth works, and feels best) Also, remove the cloth cover that comes with the mat. I took voltmeter readings of my body with and without the cover on; and there was a significant difference in the amount of voltage reduction when the cover was off.

Hope you find this helpful,
Tony
22 comments|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2012
I waited on writing a review of this as I really wanted to see how I did with it and what impacts it had in the long term. I have it sitting on the floor in front of my couch so when I am watching a DVD or just resting and taking a nap I have my feet or one of them on it. I sleep in the living room on the couch due to lung problems to name one issue. I also have inflammation issues which is one reason I looked into this as it is the use of low frequency and had my interest. I am up every morning around 3am due to breathing problems so I sit up and make sure my feet are on it--bare feet that is as feet with socks on doesn't do it. With inflammation issues it is hard to get up every morning and this is one factor now that makes it possible to get up at 4:30 am on weekdays. That is something I could not do prior to having this mat. It is energizing but after looking at the reviews that others have written about this mat, it seems that people with inflammation issues or other medical issues are the ones who are physically sensitive enough to notice what it does for them. Those with no medical issues or no inflammation issues yet don't seem to have impacts that they notice. I sometimes find that going without something for awhile and noting how I feel and then retrying a product or item again helps me to see how valuable it is to me. I leave mine plugged into the wall and in the same spot so I can use it whenever I feel like.

Months later it still is valuable to me and at my 3:00 am wake up with lung problems time, it is one of those things that helps my lungs to calm down enough that getting back to sleep is possible. I don't sleep with it (on the couch) at all; it stays on the floor. I will sit up and sleep which is what happens at 3:00 am every day. Prior to this product I would be up and not really getting much sleep until I finally gave up and just got up. The lungs are housecleaning from 3:00 am to 5:00 am according to acupuncture time lines which explains the consistent timeline. So this product makes sleeping in the time frame my lungs are feeling more challenged, possible. I do think it increases my energy so I can get up feeling energized. I get thru the day far more energized nowadays with this product in my life. When I get home at night I put my feet on it and it seems to again help my ability to get some productive night time work done instead of feeling exhausted from the day's work.

I've seen reviews concerning the sheet they make working well for quite awhile and then finally losing its kick which is unfortunate as I was hoping to try it out someday. It too sounds promising for those with inflammation issues or heart issues, who can afford to replace it ever so often. For what we spend on medical supplies, doctors, etc. the cost of replacement can be minor compared to what the medical industry make off of us so alternative aids are appreciated. At least they exist and the product should improve hopefully.

I have nothing but praise for the pad, but as I said it appears that people who don't have medical needs have little need for it. For those with chronic issues, it is something to consider. But as you get older things can change quickly and so it takes more effort to have a quality life.
on June 12, 2013
Electronic and magnetic pollution cannot be simply remedied by grounding oneself. Would that it were that easy. We are constantly exposed to fields everywhere. In some cases you may be able to experience some benefit, but you need to check the fields in your house to be sure you are not making a grounding rod out of your body, since all electricity seeks the shortest path to the ground. If you have a smart meter, you will need to find a way to shield yourself from continuous exposure occurring in your own home.

I would not put this mat under me while i use a computer, but rather put it under the computer. And with a sheet you need to wash it regularly and get the electronics out of your bedroom, turn off the ceiling fan, etc. If you don't feel better, you probably have fields in the space you are using it that turn you into a grounding rod when you ground yourself, so the forces are using you - going through you - to get to ground. This can also be true when you are outside, depending on your proximity to and the power of the source.

Educate yourself about this issue and be careful of how and where you ground. All electronics and appliances emit fields, including cell phones and computers. Here's more discussion to consider:

11 comment|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2013
Those considering these grounding products for health should first read the article by electrical engineers Martin H. Virnich and Martin Schauer "Caution, Grounding Pads and Sheets: Being Grounded is Not Equal to Zero-Field Exposure" [http://buildingbiology.ca/wd/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/FINAL_ACHTUNG_ABSCHIRMDECKE_WEB.pdf].
In this article they can explain why some people have improved health with this type of product and others actually experience decreased health. There are additional factors that need to be taken into consideration.
44 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse