Earthwise HT10024 24-Inch 3.8 Amp Electric Hedge Trimmer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 3.8 amp motor
- 3500 cut strokes per minute
- 3/4-Inch maximum cutting
- Hardened steel blade with aluminum blade support
- Semi transparent guard
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Item Dimensions||6 x 37 x 8 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||HT10024|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||2 year limited|
|Shipping Weight||8.6 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
This would be a Five Star tool, except for four flaws.
The smallest of these flaws is the blade sheath. As noted in an earlier review, it falls off instantly when you point the blade down to hang the trimmer on a wall hook.
Next up is the lack of a lock on button. This is quite the oversight for big jobs when you need to trim for more than 20 minutes or so.
Compounding the lack of a lock on switch, is the on trigger requires a too tight grip to overcome the too stiff spring. Many times, I inadvertently let the Earthwise HT10024 come to a brief stop because I failed to maintain a death grip on the trigger.
Compounding yet again the too stiff trigger and the lack of a lock on switch, are the too large grips. Both the right and left hand grips are too large in diameter for my average size but stronger than average hands.
I'm right handed, so I prefer to use my right hand as the trigger hand, and the left hand as the support grip. The support grip is so large in diameter that my thumb is nearly useless.
With the above ergonomic flaws, my hands were aching in a short time. I was forced to frequently switch to a left hand orientation.
Even with its flaws the Earthwise HT10024 may be a better trimmer than anything else you can get for the same money. I wouldn't want to use it every day, but for once a month use during the season the ergonomic issues are not a deal killer.
- Cuts well and handles large branches (.5 - .75") (though the larger branches didn't have as smooth of a cut).
- 24" blade has long reach
- I like that it doesn't come with its own power cord - just a plug that you can attach an extension cord to. I figure if I ever accidentally cut the cord, at least it will just be a cheap extension cord, and not the cord to a $50 piece of equipment
- I like that you have to hold the trigger while it's on -- seems like a good safety feature. It's much more natural to let go of a trigger than to push a button to turn the unit off
- It's heavier than I'd like. My hands, wrists and forearms felt pretty tired after a short while, enough so that I had to take a break and come back to it. Granted, I'm female and don't have exceptionally buff arms, but I'm fairly in shape. I think the weight would have been less of a problem had I been trimming bushes at waist height or lower (which the instructional booklet insists is the only thing you should be cutting.) If you're trimming things at chest level or higher, it's pretty awkward to hold the trimmer that high for an extended period of time.
- the blade cover has no means of staying on... it slides right off if the blade is facing down, so you couldn't hang this trimmer, e.g., by its handle on a peg board
OVERALL, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this.
Update: We've owned this cutter for about a year now and it was a great investment. We're in our 70's but still trim our own trees. Most of the products out there are too heavy but this is very lite. The extra long blade is very nice and even after a year of use, it cuts like butter.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It work excellent as was was mention in other reviews. I do have a problem with the switch. It would have been better if once turn on it stays on until u are ready to turn it off... Read morePublished 8 months ago by philip moore
I originally bought a Home-lite and decided to return it for this model. I know you can get more bang for more money but this trimmer works just fine for my needs. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Duke
Cuts fair. I read about the odd handle and having no continuous on switch option and thought that it would no be an issue. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Amazon Customer