5.0 out of 5 stars Titles (from comment upon first review) in this collection
This is a great DVD, and higher quality than most of the others.

A thoughtful reviewer added the following but mistakenly added it as a comment on the first review (thus it doesn't show up for others to see unless they look at comments on the first review ;) This way, all who look at reviews will see it:

"Packaged in a hardbound, cloth-covered case,...
Published on May 5, 2008 by GuitarLix

1.0 out of 5 stars East Side Kids: 10 Bowery classics
The video quality was very poor. It had very dark images, with poor to fair quality of sound. I would not recommend spending the money on this set! Unless you are a big, big fan and just have to have something from the East side kids movies. I am very disappointed.
Published on April 22, 2009 by J. Means

5.0 out of 5 stars Titles (from comment upon first review) in this collection, May 5, 2008
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
This is a great DVD, and higher quality than most of the others.

"Packaged in a hardbound, cloth-covered case, this set includes the DVDs 'Neath Brooklyn Bridge (1941), Bowery Blitzkrieg (1941), Boys Of The City (1940), Clancy Street Boys (1943), Kid Dynamite (1943), Million Dollar Kid (1944), Mr. Wise Guy (1942), Smart Aleck (1942), Spooks Run Wild (1940) and That Gang Of Mine (1942)."

Cheers.

1.0 out of 5 stars East Side Kids: 10 Bowery classics, April 22, 2009
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars What's the Straight Skinny On Des Here DVDs?!, February 13, 2011
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
I love the guys. Call 'em what yas want: Dead End Kids, Bowery Boys, "The Amazing Aging Teens"--I've loved 'em my whole life. If you can't appreciate the esprit d' corps and bother hood of these "never let a pal down" chums, than there is simply something seriously wrong with your central pump, bud!

My problem--as Slip would 'interjoist'--is quite 'simplastically' dis: do I buy dis set or don't I? I DO care about DVD production quality--particularly as I have just been treated to a more than two month "7 A.M. Saturday Morning Matinee" by TCM of virtually pristine quality dubs of one Bowery Boy classic after another.

So, as my title pleads to know: What's the straight skinny on des here DVDs?! I've got two joes telling me they are "*****" in solid gold quality and describing all sorts of nifty packaging, etc. And I got two mugs whats callin' this set a "*" stinker to be avoided at all costs!

What's the straight skinny fer cryin' out loud?! Could somebody out der grab a stoop for five minutes and put a guy on the level? I'd sure like to buy dese if dere any good. But I ain't lookin' t' get da bum's rush an' end up wid no tomato cans. How's about a deciding, tie-breaker vote from some slick in da know?

Tanks a million, fellas!

3.0 out of 5 stars east side kids, January 4, 2012
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
The quality of these DVDs arent the best but its great to see (The boys) any time i want .It brings me back to those sunday mornings on channel 9 while my mom was cookin the macaroni and meatballs with her home made sauce.Between the shows and the smell of my moms cookin those were some of the best times of my life.I just wish they would put the Bowery Boys series on dvd so I could order them to.They were the best I use to feel like i was sitting in Louie's Sweet Shop with the Bowery Boys.

3.0 out of 5 stars to be returned, October 13, 2013
Raoul "Paul" (Huntley, IL. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
I have most of the films on this edition on other DVDs. other than that, I have no complaints. Funny stuff from my childhood.

3.0 out of 5 stars The boys, March 4, 2013
Kenneth Hoglund (Clemmons, NC, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
There are two types of people- those that like the East Side/Dead End/Bowery Boys movies and those that don't.
If you fall into the former, then the question becomes - how bad is the print? These are not bad prints, not great, but until somebody ponies up the money to do a professional remaster, it is the best we can get.
If you are a fan, enjoy- if not- save your money

3.0 out of 5 stars old stuff thats fun, January 19, 2013
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
Bought for 70th birthday of Brother in law and he loved it as it reminded him of his youth.....Word word

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowery Boys are a blast from the past, January 12, 2013
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
These dvd's were a gift for my father who watched them every Sunday out of the NY area. They arrived in plenty of time and in good condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where is Louie?, November 21, 2012
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
I received the product on time. The packaging is unique but does need improvement. Each individual disc case was coming of the tape holding it together. Otherwise, it is a good packaging technique.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, June 11, 2012
Barbiegirl (Alpena Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics (DVD)
I was so amazed at the quality of the pictures. Clear and everything I thought it would be. Great Blast from the past!!

ARRAY(0x9d45a1b0)

East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics
East Side Kids: 10 Bowery Classics by East Side Kids Collection (DVD - 2005)
Used & New from: $69.00