4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised

1.0 out of 5 stars Wii Remote Chargers Not Exactly As Expected
Published on March 14, 2012 by J. Cruise

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, January 5, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: EastVita New Charger Dock + 4 x Battery for Nintendo Wii Remote (Wireless Phone Accessory)
So when finding this product on Amazon I was very skeptical that it really was what it claimed. As the other post stated, it seemed "too good to be true". Bottom line is everything arrived and I'm pleasantly surprised. I purchased this because two of our rechargeable packs died and would no longer recharge. To replace just one battery pack was going to cost at least $10 and so when I found this all together for only $12 plus my free shipping for being a Prime member, it was perfect. I will admit it is slightly annoying how the remotes have to be in just the right position to charge, however, in my opinion, it is a very small price to pay LITERALLY for what this setup cost me. The other charger we had was the exact same way, temperamental about the remotes being placed in it just right but we dealt with it with little issue. My kids are 7 and 12 and knew you weren't done putting the remotes up unless the light indicated they were charged so again this really isn't a concern I had.

Someone else stated in their comment about how they didn't like that you couldn't have your casing, skin-like cover on your remote while they were charging. I have yet to find any remote charger that allows you the ability to charge with those remote covers on so if someone else did I would sure be interested in knowing that.

Bottom line, for the deal these are I feel it was a good investment and a great savings considering I would have easily paid twice this amount just to replace two battery packs. So, take it all into consideration and make the choice for yourself. I for one and happy with my purchase and extremely pleased with saving the money I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars charging? *see updated below!, August 1, 2012
I cannot tell whether my Wii remotes are charging or not. I know that supposedly the LED lights at the bottom come on when the remotes are fully charged but that has yet to happen and they have been charging for over 24 hours plugged into my Wii with the Wii powered on. Also it is very difficult to take the battery packs out of my remotes to put regular batteries back in. I am concerned this will be an issue in the future.

***UPDATE***
Just discovered there is a on/off switch on the back of the charging station. As soon as I discovered it (believe me, I already had looked for one) the LED lights came on immediately and I can see that all my Wii remotes need to be charged. It is a little picky on being "just in the right position" as some of the other reviews have stated but its not as picky as people are making it sound; they slide right into the right spot pretty naturally. Also as of now I don't think my Wii has to be powered on to charge either, they look like they are charging with my Wii just on standby. It would be helpful to have some basic instructions in with the charging station to eliminate a lot of confusion of there being no wall unit plug for charging (because you plug it right into the Wii) and the fact there is a small switch on the back to click on to see your remotes start charging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, November 28, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was almost worried it was too good to be true because it was such a good deal. I have to say I was pleasantly suprised, it was easy to hook up and works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars People be trippin :P, April 30, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not sure what everyone is talking about when they say the Wii remotes are hard to balance. They worked perfectly fine in my case. Just slip them on the charger, the light will turn red, and continue with the rest of them. Maybe people are having problems I am unaware of?

Charger is cheap and works great instead of wasting so many batteries. Thanks :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dock Charger, June 24, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got the Wii Dock Charger in a few days after ordering. Plus it works great does everything it said it would do . Would order again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wii Remote Chargers Not Exactly As Expected, March 14, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
We ordered this Charging Dock to help with charging our Wii remotes and help save on all the batteries that we were going through. This product is not at all what we had hoped for. The Wii has to be on for the dock to charge. Even when it is on and supposed to be charging we cannot get all four of the remotes to charge at one time. The station will intermittently charge one or two of the remotes at a time and when someone adjusts the remotes in the holder to get them all to charge then one of the others will stop charging. The remotes also do not hold a charge for very long after the charging station says that they are fully charged. So, in the end we are still using up bundles of "AA" batteries to use our Wii remotes. This product was a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii Charger, June 7, 2014
New Charger Dock + 4 x Battery for Nintendo Wii Remote: NOTE- Wii remotes are 'NOT' included. The Charging dock, USB charging cable, and four Wii replacement batteries are included in a small box and the charger works. The Charger has red lights that display when the remotes are charging. In addition, the base has a cool blue light that illuminates when plug up.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, May 5, 2014
good size and excellent, good accessories and good cailidad recommended for children from two years, 100% recommended for the whole family.

2.0 out of 5 stars only two of the 4 slots charge, April 29, 2014
For some reason (and this could completely be fault of my own) only 2 of the four spaces charge. Using the controllers that DO charge in the others they will not charge in the middle two. I don't know why but we just rotate them around to get all 4 fully charged.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy, fast, fun, February 11, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This was a gift for my parents. They're retired, love Wii Sports games, but were burning through batteries. This was the perfect solution for them to play without dealing with dead batteries. The set-up was easy, battery install was easy, and recharging is simple.

EastVita New Charger Dock + 4 x Battery for Nintendo Wii Remote