Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Format: DVDChange

on June 5, 2014
One of the most original comedies I've seen since arrested development. Kenny Powers may be one of the best TV characters of all time
on August 7, 2014
When I first started watching this show I didn't really like it. However, for some strange reason I couldn't stop watching it. I can't explain why, but I ended up watching the whole series in about three or four days. It was sort of like watching a napolean dynamite t.v. show.
on June 5, 2014
Hilarious and raunchy. If you know McBrides MO, you will not be let down. To think I know people who remind me of Kenny Powers!
Kenny F***in' Powers. Never thought a character like Kenny would be relevant enough to grace a tv show.

He is a ego-maniac, crude as hell, and loves this game.

Season 1 - His struggle with getting back to the diamond and pursuing his high school love - April - is plenty enough to entertain. Will Ferrell makes a hilarious appearance as a car dealership owner. A lot of laughs with the crude, quotable jokes in this season.

Season 2 - Mr. Powers makes his way south to Mexico to get back to the show.

Season 3 - Myrtle Beach Mermans. Is this finally Kenny's time for a call up? His act gets a little old and at times hard to sit through. The neglectful treatment of his child is not very funny, at least to me. Love the appearance from Jason Sudeikis.

I think the show had a solid first half but failed to introduce interesting storylines and supporting cast.
on January 27, 2013
Danny McBride does an amazing job playing the idiotic, chauvinistic, ego-filled ex-MLB star Kenny Powers. Powers has falled from the top of his game and is bumbling around in the minors, barely keeping his spot on the team while doing copious amounts of drugs, making a fool of himself everywhere he goes, bossing his unpaid assistant around, Stevie (who idolizes Powers), taking care of his baby son (or having Stevie and his wife do it) after his son's mother, April, leaves the boy with Powers. Powers, despite always taking the hard road to accomplish anything, seems to somehow come through on top.

If you like foul, crass language and high school locker room humor, and an idiot's antics and uncanny ability to mess up any situation, then you'll enjoy this comedy.
on August 11, 2014
Love this comedy! Each season and episode is better than the last. Danny McBride brilliantly portrays Kenny Powers as a professional baseball pitcher who constantly struggles with the trappings of fame and fortune versus being a loving father and husband. He can't seem to get either right for any length of time. He's an egotistical jerk who constantly manipulates those around him to his advantage especially his sidekick/personal assistant Stevie played by Steve Little. Season 3 features Jason Sudeikis from Saturday Night Live. Will Ferrell is one of the producers and also appears in a few episodes throughout the series. Lots of crude language, raunchy and/or sexual imagery and over-the-top stunts.
on April 6, 2014
See, personally, I think this is the best series ever thought of, written, produced and acted. I'm planning on ordering several more copies of it because my entire family gets sick with laughter watching it and now everyone want's his/her own copy. What a genius production. It's so well done, I sometimes feel like I'm actually there in the moment. I thought Tracy taking her top off at the afternoon party in Season 1 was the funniest thing I ever saw until I saw what Ken Marino could do in Season 4. My God.

Christina Ginder
Altadena, CA
on July 13, 2013
Someone notes in another review that Kenny Powers never gets old, well for me this third season didn't appeal to me as much. Some of the humor just plain falls flat. Now you can't watch this show if you are easily offended, that goes without saying ,as the humor tests the limits of anything resembling decent . But with that in mind it is often hilarious just not so much so this time around, for me at least.

Some scenes made me wish I had never had to sit through them. But then again I am probably not your usual viewer of this type show. I'm probably a little older and different gender than who the show is geared to.
on August 15, 2014
This is Man Stuff. I was initially very put off by Danny McBride's comedic styling. Irreverent, egotistical, socially off, rude to women and insensitive as heck, but then I started to laugh. and I laughed a lot! I now rank this show as one of my all time favorites! Danny McBride is extremely refreshing. Think of him as Will Farrell meets Martin Lawrence!!! Minor Spoiler alert here. !!! their are a lot of famous comedians that frequently pop up as supporting cast members. enough said. about that!

I really enjoyed it! caution not for children! lots of Boobs, Drug use, and things they should not repeat.
on June 15, 2014
The star is an immature loser with an arm for baseball that made him famous.
He's a complete narcissist living a life of debauchery … the plot is so riddled with unrealistic but
spellbinding twists and turns that one finds a compassion thinking surely he'll "learn" how to
be less selfish, etc. As it goes along (yes, I've watched the entire series) he makes outrageous
decisions, learns along the way and amuses with hilarious venues, star appearances, etc. I recommend
this to those who'd like to take 1/2 off from reality to grab some unwind time. This does that.