Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 4, 2015
This is one Easter toy the kids absolutely adore! We did a little treasure hunt and they were thrilled to find these adorable colored eggs! What they liked most about it, is that the surprise didn't end there! We put them in water and waited for them to hatch! What a trill to get that first glimpse of the adorable little bunny! We'll definitely purchase them again this year for another few rounds of fun!
on February 15, 2016
My son is the best, most honest reviewer, as you can always trust a child is going to say exactly what he thinks! His exact words were, 'Wow!' ... 'Ick!' .... 'Yuck!' .... 'Neat!' And finally... 'I love them!'

Let me explain! We put the eggs in water as directed on the box. We did this just before bedtime. That's our first photo pictured. I made sure to hold the eggs under the water until the air bubbles stopped coming out of them and then the eggs rested on the bottom of the pan without floating to the top. (It doesn't say to do this, but it made sense to me to do that.)

12 hours later we had not expected results, as the directions said it can take a few days to crack open. But the first thing my son wanted to do when he woke up was check on his eggs to see if they'd hatched. They had! The second and third photos show that success. That's where the 'Wow' comes in from my 5 yr old son.

He wanted to take them out of the shells. I told him to leave one in and we'll see what happens with that last one leaving it in the water, so he decided to retrieve the white bunny rabbit and yellow chick, leaving in the yellow duckling. This is when he says, 'Ick!' and 'Yuck!' because the little animals are slimy and have a gooey substance on them. We washed them off and left them on the counter to dry. Later that day he checked on his new dry friends. 'Neat!'... 'I love them!' is what he said upon inspecting his new little critters.

The final part of this experiment involves the last little duck left in the pan of water. The water was changed that morning as instructed, yet we didn't notice that it had grown any more that day. We could have left it in the water longer, but when my son compared the cute little animals he retrieved earlier that morning and saw that the last remaining egg, the duck, was starting to look disfigured and more like an ugly green duckling, he got scared for it and took it out of the water immediately! Sadly, it hasn't improved in appearance. I agree with my son that we should have taken all three out of the water at the same time, IF cute little creatures is what you want.

We both agree, this was such fun. ALL three eggs cracked open and produced surprises. I have tried these eggs before- a different manufacturer and different creatures- turtles and lizard but neither of those cracked open as they were supposed to. This one did! I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest review. My and my 5 year old son's honest review is that: It's fun and it works! Just see our photos! If you try them, your child too will probably say , "Wow!...Ick! Yuck! Neat!" and finally, "I love them!"
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 3, 2014
Please note, I ordered these in 2013 and the product was HORRIBLE. The manufacturer did revise the product and it is better but still nothing I'd recommend. I was sent, Fedex Overnight, a six pack of these eggs from the manufacturer. They did a great job of packing it and securing it with bubble wrap etc. That said, 3 of 6 eggs were cracked when we opened the box. The shells are VERY fragile. That is a good thing if you actually get a solid egg and put it in water. The three eggs that were not cracked did a nice job of opening in a 'natural' fashion. The animals inside did grow 2-3x in size but the paint etc washed off if you did as they suggested and changed the water daily. My three year old has since started playing with the "finished" animals and they are a slimy mess. Even a day after being out of the water and being dried/washed thoroughly they are still wet and slimy.

They did do a lot of work to make this product right but it just isn't something that I would buy again for my kids going forward. Based on a number of reviews here the way Amazon packs these you are bound to have cracked eggs coming to you. They will still work but it completely throws off the "Hatch 'Em" mantra of this product.
on March 5, 2016
No.......just no. These things are just gross. After they grow in the water for days they come out slimy and deformed. They look like some grotesque genetic mutation. Just touching them came me the heebie jeebies. I am unclear how anyone could like these things. And yes they crack easy. One cracked before we even got it into the water. I was going to wait until Easter to give my daughter these but she spotted them so of course we had to try them out. Well I am glad we did because now I can warm everyone not to buy them. Nasty. Even if you do not grow them in the water (we did not grow one of them) they are gross and kind of sticky feeling.

I received this product at a discounted price for my honest and unbiased review. I was not required to write a positive review or give 4 or 5 stars. Nor was I paid to leave a review. The opinions I have expressed are my own and not influenced by price what so ever, but rather by the product itself.
review image
on March 28, 2016
Three stars because some of our grandkids seemed to get a kick out of these. This email I received from the seller struck me as a perfect way to let other prospective purchasers know what to expect from their Hide Em and Hatch Em Super Grow Eggs:

“We hope you enjoy this product. What makes these grow eggs special? These eggs are designed to crack after 1-2 days, and hatch shortly thereafter, and likewise, grow absolutely huge! In order to give you the best experience possible, we wanted to send you an email to help answer some of the questions customers have had.
1: My eggs arrived cracked
Sadly we have been trying to get Amazon to take better handling of these eggs, but sometimes eggs will get cracked in transit, especially in the extreme cold. WE WANT YOU TO BE SATISFIED and earn your 5 star review. Just email us a picture of the damage and we will send you out a replacement. We hope you do not hold it against us, as we really do feel passionate about keeping you happy
2: My animal has hatched, but he is slippery
Yes, he will be slippery, as the way it grows, a non-toxic binding agent breaks apart in water, causing the animal to grow. Once hatched, change the water, and rinse off your pet. You can put him back in fresh water and watch him grow huge
3: How big will he grow
If you change the water daily or often, the pet should continue to grow for 2-3 weeks.
You will be amazed how large he will grow.
4: Is this the biggest grow egg in the world
?
Right now, as far as we know.”
on April 2, 2016
I saved these for Easter to let my grand kids give them a try and they were excited to see what was in the egg. One of the eggs arrived already cracked so it was easy to see what was in that one. I was not prepared in the fact that it said that it took at least two days for your eggs to dissolve/hatch. The kids were not that patient. So they waited one day then took the eggs outside and tossed them on the ground to get them to crack open. Once they did then they put the little animal in the water to try and get it to grow. They just got soggy with this slimy beady film feeling. So we put them in the window to dry and they did harden up, but are somewhat scary looking. The kids went home and were not concerned with their hatchlings so they went in the trash. It is a good idea, but my grand kids ages 13 to 3 were not impressed.
I received this product at a discount for my honest, unbiased review. In no way does this effect or influence my review of the product. I review the item as if I paid full price for it. If at any time I find the product does not live up to the initial review.I will edit/update my reviews.I am allowed to choose what I pick to product test so more often then not these are products I'm looking forward to testing or already thinking of purchasing. Therefore less likely to be disappointed If these comments were helpful to you please click the yes button.
review image review image
on April 22, 2015
They are not really for little kids in my opinion. As they are very impatient when it comes to waiting part & according to the directions in order to grow to their full potential they need to be left in water for 3 weeks & the water needs to be changed every day. In my opinion it's almost like caring for a real pet & a lot of hassle. We have only hatched one so far, it was the bunny and while it did hatch with in 1 night I have to say I was not impressed with the eyes and nose. That is the only things on the bunny that is not white & I noticed in the water little flakes of black & pink where the color was coming off of the bunny. By the time it was fully grown there was no color left on the eyes or nose. It's all white now & really ugly if you ask me! If I had known how much care & time went into hatching & growing them I wouldn't have bothered as I have a 2 & 3 year old so their really don't want to wait that long.
on March 19, 2016
I bought thes for my 3 boys they have loved watching the eggs break and the animals grow. It did not take but a day for them to start to break and by day 3 they were totally out now we are just waiting for them to be full size and at the size they are now I can't not immange how big they will be it's only been 5 days and they are huge and you can tell they ha e more growing time. I did receive this product at a discounted price for my honest opinion.
on January 31, 2016
I can NOT wait to use these this Easter to surprise my niece. I know some people have said they there's came broken but mine look to be in perfect shape. I can't attest to the toys inside just yet as I'm waiting for the holiday but will update my review. I do love the colors and like that it includes a green and yellow one that are very gender neutral for other little egg hunters. What a unique product!

I received this item at a reduced rate for my honest review.
review image
on May 4, 2014
This works exactly as it is described. I watched and instructional video, which was not even necessary, as the instructions are very simple. The process is not only fun, but educational and my grandchildren, all 5 of them, loved the experience.