Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 4, 2015
This is one Easter toy the kids absolutely adore! We did a little treasure hunt and they were thrilled to find these adorable colored eggs! What they liked most about it, is that the surprise didn't end there! We put them in water and waited for them to hatch! What a trill to get that first glimpse of the adorable little bunny! We'll definitely purchase them again this year for another few rounds of fun!
11 comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2014
Please note, I ordered these in 2013 and the product was HORRIBLE. The manufacturer did revise the product and it is better but still nothing I'd recommend. I was sent, Fedex Overnight, a six pack of these eggs from the manufacturer. They did a great job of packing it and securing it with bubble wrap etc. That said, 3 of 6 eggs were cracked when we opened the box. The shells are VERY fragile. That is a good thing if you actually get a solid egg and put it in water. The three eggs that were not cracked did a nice job of opening in a 'natural' fashion. The animals inside did grow 2-3x in size but the paint etc washed off if you did as they suggested and changed the water daily. My three year old has since started playing with the "finished" animals and they are a slimy mess. Even a day after being out of the water and being dried/washed thoroughly they are still wet and slimy.

They did do a lot of work to make this product right but it just isn't something that I would buy again for my kids going forward. Based on a number of reviews here the way Amazon packs these you are bound to have cracked eggs coming to you. They will still work but it completely throws off the "Hatch 'Em" mantra of this product.
11 comment12 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2014
Lilly (my 5 year old) was given these eggs and after sharing them with her brother and sister they loved watching them grow! Thank you guys for such a wonderful experience!
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2014
This works exactly as it is described. I watched and instructional video, which was not even necessary, as the instructions are very simple. The process is not only fun, but educational and my grandchildren, all 5 of them, loved the experience.
on February 1, 2016
I bought these for my daughter and had plans to wait till Easter and hide them for my daughter but when I got them they just looked too fun to wait! We immediately put one in a vase of water. It says it just needs to cover the top of the egg and at first I could not get it to cover it all and then I realized there were holes in the egg that helped it to sink. The water seeps in and it sinks allowing it to be fully immersed in the vase of water. The instructions say that in a few days it will start to hatch but ours started to hatch in just a few hours. My daughter is 2 and loves to watch it. We sat it on the counter and she would look at it all the time, when she could tell that there was something in the egg she got even more excited and would check on it all the time! Every time another piece of the egg fell off she got more and more excited about it. Every so often I would changed the water because the animal is coated in a slimy gel stuff and it gets in the water and clouds it up some, I would also remove the pieces of eggs that chipped off. When the rabbit finally hatched I took it out and rinsed it and then put it back in the water so she could watch it grow some more. This is great way to teach kids about how animals break out of eggs. I also let her feel the eggs and the pieces to add a sensory effect to it. I received this product for free or at a discounted price in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences.
on February 1, 2016
I bought these Easter eggs for my grandson granddaughter to have for Easter. There is a pink a green and yellow one. They are supposed to hatch a chick a bunny and a duck. You're supposed to put the egg in a container of water and let it sit for one or two days and it's supposed to hatch and then over the next few days the pet is supposed to continue to grow and then completely come out of its shell. I cannot catch these pets at this time because I'm saving them for Easter I truly hope they are as cute as they are on the package. But for now I'm going by the look of the individual eggs and what they are supposed to do. I am happy with this product. I received this product at a discounted price for my honest and unbiased review.
on August 20, 2015
I recieved this product at a discount in exchange for an honest review.
These eggs are cute and fun. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because one of the eggs was so badly cracked it was missing pieces and gave away the surprise.
My kids had a great time watching the animals hatch and then grow. It lasted for several days and then we dried the animals out and watched them shrink back down. Now that they are dry, the kids all like to play with them.
I would probably buy these eggs again, especially if there were different animals available. Dinosaurs would be fun!
on August 20, 2015
This is a cute, magical toy! It was so neat to watch my kids watch their eggs hatch to find out what animal was in them, then to watch the animal grow. They had a blast with these eggs! I want to get them another set. The thing I loved most about this product was how fast the hatching and growing process took. Most of toys like these take forever to grow and if your kids are like mine, they get discouraged and impatient! These hatched very quickly and within 48 hours had grown to their full potential! I would recommend to anyone with curious kids!
on January 31, 2016
I can NOT wait to use these this Easter to surprise my niece. I know some people have said they there's came broken but mine look to be in perfect shape. I can't attest to the toys inside just yet as I'm waiting for the holiday but will update my review. I do love the colors and like that it includes a green and yellow one that are very gender neutral for other little egg hunters. What a unique product!

I received this item at a reduced rate for my honest review.
review image
on January 31, 2016
I got these for my kids for Easter since they're I sessed with those surprise egg videos. You just put them in water and the egg eventually cracks. Once the egg cracks,the animals inside will grow bigger and bigger over a span of a week. These are really fun and cute! If your looking For something fun and unique and not candy,this is a great item to get for this Easter.
I received this at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

See 1 answered question