5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for easter
I helped plan my sisters twins birthday party so we thought a kind of 'treasure' hunt would be fun. The kids loved these. They hunt around the yard for the eggs, then each child gets to take the egg home to hatch. We keep getting calls from their parents asking where we got them from. Definitely a winner!
Published 8 months ago by Aventuras De Viaje

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Fragile
Published 8 months ago by J. Wiebe

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Fragile, April 3, 2014
This review is from: Easter Eggs - Hide 'Em and Hatch 'Em Eggs (6 Pc Value Pack) - Watch Them Hatch Like Magic Six Different Pets! (Toy)
Please note, I ordered these in 2013 and the product was HORRIBLE. The manufacturer did revise the product and it is better but still nothing I'd recommend. I was sent, Fedex Overnight, a six pack of these eggs from the manufacturer. They did a great job of packing it and securing it with bubble wrap etc. That said, 3 of 6 eggs were cracked when we opened the box. The shells are VERY fragile. That is a good thing if you actually get a solid egg and put it in water. The three eggs that were not cracked did a nice job of opening in a 'natural' fashion. The animals inside did grow 2-3x in size but the paint etc washed off if you did as they suggested and changed the water daily. My three year old has since started playing with the "finished" animals and they are a slimy mess. Even a day after being out of the water and being dried/washed thoroughly they are still wet and slimy.

They did do a lot of work to make this product right but it just isn't something that I would buy again for my kids going forward. Based on a number of reviews here the way Amazon packs these you are bound to have cracked eggs coming to you. They will still work but it completely throws off the "Hatch 'Em" mantra of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for easter, April 10, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, April 8, 2014
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased these for my toddlers and I was skeptical at first of purchasing these eggs because of the reviews but when I finally saw how they worked and how much my young ones were excited about the whole hatching process, it turned out to be a wonderful purchase. The eggs shipped to my house promptly and arrived in perfect condition. The eggs took a little over a day to hatch and the pets inside are very cute looking and make good toys for the kids! Overall, this is a wonderful product and I will surely be recommending them to my friends with kids around the same age as mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids of all ages, April 17, 2014
What a great product that you can't get anywhere else. We had a Easter Egg Hunt for our playgroup and each kid went home with an Egg to Hatch. The kids were so excited to wake up the next day and check on their eggs! The directions are very simple and we haven't had a dud yet. I ordered three boxes and one had three eggs already cracked from shipment but I didn't have time to return them and they just hatch faster. We started out with a water glass and the pet out grew the space so we had to move up to a bowl. Well worth the price for the fun and magic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
Very funny to see the eggs breaking and the little animal comes out !

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Concept!, June 26, 2014
I loved these things, but be careful with them. My daughter dropped the tray that holds the eggs when we opened the box and 5 of the 6 cracked right open. The last one was slightly cracked so we atleast got to try that one in the water. Wish we could have tried them all. But oh well. I will buy these again next year for Easter and be more careful :)

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it, but kids LOVE these things!!, June 22, 2014
We've had a ton of items that grow bigger when submerged in water before. There's something about these little guys who hatch from an egg that my 5 & 6 yr old go nuts for. I put them in their Easter baskets and they are still playing with them in June!! When they get small, they put them back in the water to grow again. I think they're laced with kid crack...

3.0 out of 5 stars An Easter present, June 14, 2014
kind of expensive and one of them came cracked open--probably from being shipped there. But it was a fun gift for the kids

4.0 out of 5 stars These eggs are magical (at least my kids think so), June 13, 2014
My kids loved these eggs. They hatched in the water within a few days and then we left the animals in for another week so they grew pretty big. When we took them out they were slimy and wet for weeks so I didn't let my kids actually play with them but by the time they dried out they had shrunken back to size. Still fun though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Neat, June 13, 2014
L (ETOWAH, TN, US) - See all my reviews
The only problem is that after you take them out of the water they shrink back down to small again.