Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on April 3, 2014
Please note, I ordered these in 2013 and the product was HORRIBLE. The manufacturer did revise the product and it is better but still nothing I'd recommend. I was sent, Fedex Overnight, a six pack of these eggs from the manufacturer. They did a great job of packing it and securing it with bubble wrap etc. That said, 3 of 6 eggs were cracked when we opened the box. The shells are VERY fragile. That is a good thing if you actually get a solid egg and put it in water. The three eggs that were not cracked did a nice job of opening in a 'natural' fashion. The animals inside did grow 2-3x in size but the paint etc washed off if you did as they suggested and changed the water daily. My three year old has since started playing with the "finished" animals and they are a slimy mess. Even a day after being out of the water and being dried/washed thoroughly they are still wet and slimy.

They did do a lot of work to make this product right but it just isn't something that I would buy again for my kids going forward. Based on a number of reviews here the way Amazon packs these you are bound to have cracked eggs coming to you. They will still work but it completely throws off the "Hatch 'Em" mantra of this product.
on February 28, 2016
I received the "Hide 'Em and Hatch 'Em Eggs (6 Pieces) - Easter Eggs" by SCS Direct a few days ago. My intention was to keep them hidden away until Easter and then hide them for my toddler, then we could hatch them together for fun. However, he discovered the package before I had the chance to put them out of sight, so we decided to test one. Then, my son dropped and broke one of the eggs (it broke very easily and continued to crumble) before it even made it to the water, so we wound up testing two. One with the animal "pre-hatched" and one in the egg.

While I was in love with the idea of these eggs, maybe because they brought me back to the nostalgia for the animals in the "pill" that you could grow in the water in this same way, I was slightly disappointed. The egg doesn't really "crack" like it is hatching, it just kindof falls apart, even before the animal has expanded enough to push it apart. The little animals are really cute before the start to "grow" but the quickly look more horrifying than adorable. The frog, particularly, turned in to a green blob and the color on his eyes and feet all but disappeared. My son, who is in to gross stuff, wouldn't even touch it... he wound up using kitchen tongs to move it around but every time he would get brave enough to touch it with his fingers, he would recoil in disgust. I tried drying the products out but they are still slimy. I wound up throwing them away.

I don't know what I will do with the rest of the pack, as my son is definitely not interested. Perhaps they will work better for older kids who are more into the "excitement" of seeing what animal is in each egg rather than those who have any interest in actually playing with them.

I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest review. All opinions here are my own. If you found this review helpful, please say so below. Thank you for reading! Happy Easter!
on April 10, 2014
I helped plan my sisters twins birthday party so we thought a kind of 'treasure' hunt would be fun. The kids loved these. They hunt around the yard for the eggs, then each child gets to take the egg home to hatch. We keep getting calls from their parents asking where we got them from. Definitely a winner!
on March 3, 2016
These are really cute. My egg hatched within 24 hrs unlike the 36-48hrs the box says. The rabbit that hatched was really cute but I was a bit thrown off by the texture of it. It says you can take it out to play, but I couldn't quite figure out what the rabbit was made of so I was a bit uncomfortable with letting my toddler play with it. It did shrink back up a bit after allowing it to dry out. Still cute, though.

I received this item for free or at a discounted price in exchange for my honest, unbiased review of the product. I never guarantee positive reviews.
review image review image review image review image
on June 22, 2014
We've had a ton of items that grow bigger when submerged in water before. There's something about these little guys who hatch from an egg that my 5 & 6 yr old go nuts for. I put them in their Easter baskets and they are still playing with them in June!! When they get small, they put them back in the water to grow again. I think they're laced with kid crack...
on April 8, 2014
I purchased these for my toddlers and I was skeptical at first of purchasing these eggs because of the reviews but when I finally saw how they worked and how much my young ones were excited about the whole hatching process, it turned out to be a wonderful purchase. The eggs shipped to my house promptly and arrived in perfect condition. The eggs took a little over a day to hatch and the pets inside are very cute looking and make good toys for the kids! Overall, this is a wonderful product and I will surely be recommending them to my friends with kids around the same age as mine!
on March 8, 2016
These cute eggs always add fun to any holiday. I buy them to add to Birthday Gifts, Easter Baskets, Christmas Gifts & as Stocking Stuffers, . They arrived quickly with my prime account and were packaged well. However, one of the eggs was mysteriously cracked, leaving a large enough whole to see the animal inside, which also leads me to believe they probably wouldn't be good for hiding, much safer to put them into an Easter basket. I contacted the seller, because when I tried to replace the item through amazon I was only given the option to return the product, and that's not what I wanted. The seller immediately responded, requesting a picture of the damaged item so they could replace it. FUN product and awesome customer service. Highly recommend this product.
on February 27, 2016
These hide 'em hatch 'em eggs are great. I buy them every year to hide for my kids on Easter morning. This is the first time I had purchased them from Amazon, and I was very pleased. All of the eggs arrived in perfect condition. There were no cracks or damage at all, which surprised me because in the past when I have purchased them at the store, I have to toss at least one cause of a broken piece. The eggs hatched nicely but, in our case it took a couple of days rather than overnight. The creatures inside were cute, and grew 2x their original size. The coloring does sort of get distorted, but my kids didn't notice or care. The creatures have become part of the bathtub toys. My kids will set them in a cup and grow them for a while then take them out to shrink back again. Great fun! I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest feedback.
on February 16, 2016
These are absolutely adorable and an Easter egg hunt must have !!! The shell of the eggs are very similar to that of a real egg. They arrive with a paper wrapping around each egg that you removed before you submerge in water. When the egg is submerged it eventually cracks or hatches and there is a cute Easter figure inside either a chick or a bunny as the figure stays submerged for another day ir grows in size! It is a very fun product for children! After the figurine is done growing you can give them to your child to play with they are made of a hard plastic material. I recieved this product at a discounted rate for an honest review :)
review image
on May 18, 2014
I was excited about these eggs until they hatched. The directions say to leave them in water for 2-3 days but they had hatched within a few hours of day 1, and by day 3 were so swollen that you couldn't tell what it was anymore. Three of the creatures had to be thrown away because of that. I learned my lesson with the next 3 eggs and as soon as they hatched we took them out of the water.. So of course those did not get very big and as soon as they dried completely they were back to their original size. We were pretty disappointed. Won't buy these again.