Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on April 3, 2014
Please note, I ordered these in 2013 and the product was HORRIBLE. The manufacturer did revise the product and it is better but still nothing I'd recommend. I was sent, Fedex Overnight, a six pack of these eggs from the manufacturer. They did a great job of packing it and securing it with bubble wrap etc. That said, 3 of 6 eggs were cracked when we opened the box. The shells are VERY fragile. That is a good thing if you actually get a solid egg and put it in water. The three eggs that were not cracked did a nice job of opening in a 'natural' fashion. The animals inside did grow 2-3x in size but the paint etc washed off if you did as they suggested and changed the water daily. My three year old has since started playing with the "finished" animals and they are a slimy mess. Even a day after being out of the water and being dried/washed thoroughly they are still wet and slimy.

They did do a lot of work to make this product right but it just isn't something that I would buy again for my kids going forward. Based on a number of reviews here the way Amazon packs these you are bound to have cracked eggs coming to you. They will still work but it completely throws off the "Hatch 'Em" mantra of this product.
on April 10, 2014
I helped plan my sisters twins birthday party so we thought a kind of 'treasure' hunt would be fun. The kids loved these. They hunt around the yard for the eggs, then each child gets to take the egg home to hatch. We keep getting calls from their parents asking where we got them from. Definitely a winner!
on April 8, 2014
I purchased these for my toddlers and I was skeptical at first of purchasing these eggs because of the reviews but when I finally saw how they worked and how much my young ones were excited about the whole hatching process, it turned out to be a wonderful purchase. The eggs shipped to my house promptly and arrived in perfect condition. The eggs took a little over a day to hatch and the pets inside are very cute looking and make good toys for the kids! Overall, this is a wonderful product and I will surely be recommending them to my friends with kids around the same age as mine!
0Comment15 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2014
We've had a ton of items that grow bigger when submerged in water before. There's something about these little guys who hatch from an egg that my 5 & 6 yr old go nuts for. I put them in their Easter baskets and they are still playing with them in June!! When they get small, they put them back in the water to grow again. I think they're laced with kid crack...
on June 13, 2014
My kids loved these eggs. They hatched in the water within a few days and then we left the animals in for another week so they grew pretty big. When we took them out they were slimy and wet for weeks so I didn't let my kids actually play with them but by the time they dried out they had shrunken back to size. Still fun though!
on February 14, 2015
These were "OK"...the animals after the eggs opened were a little disfigured..my son didn't pay much attention to them. Cute idea though.
on February 27, 2015
One of the eggs was cracked when it arrived. We had to return it and order another one. Hopefully that one doesn't have any cracks.
on October 11, 2014
the pets in side are slimy and don't dry out. weird to touch. had to wash with soap and water and it still felt yucky.
on August 29, 2015
These are so much fun. DO NOT be confused by the cheap little foam eggs you get at the dollar store. We put the first one in water, and after about 4 house small cracks appeared in the egg. By that night, it had cracked a little more. In the morning, a little head started to poke out of the top. What you see in the pictures is a full 3 days worth. Then we took our little chick out of the water and let him dry. The last picture shows him now. It is not foam. I am actually not sure what the material is , almost like some kind of rubber. But so much fun. I got these at a promotional rate to try out and review. They were so much fun, I have purchased several other sets as well. I would give these 10 stars if I could!
on April 17, 2014
What a great product that you can't get anywhere else. We had a Easter Egg Hunt for our playgroup and each kid went home with an Egg to Hatch. The kids were so excited to wake up the next day and check on their eggs! The directions are very simple and we haven't had a dud yet. I ordered three boxes and one had three eggs already cracked from shipment but I didn't have time to return them and they just hatch faster. We started out with a water glass and the pet out grew the space so we had to move up to a bowl. Well worth the price for the fun and magic!