5.0 out of 5 stars A must have video!!!
This is taken from the gospel of John which I grew up knowing. Most children's Easter videos I have seen have been from Luke. It is nice to see a different version of the story. The way they use the story keepers is great!! My six year old twins loved it!!
Published on April 5, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Older Kids ONLY!!!!
Bought this for my four year old, thought it'd be a mild introduction to the whole Easter concept. Well, it's been weeks and he still has nightmares about the bad people killing Jesus (and himself, of course) on the cross. They show way too much for the little ones.
Published on April 8, 2002 by angeliquetoo

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have video!!!, April 5, 1999
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For Christian Family DVD Library, February 25, 2006
This review is from: The Easter Story Keepers (DVD)
I purchased the entire Story Keepers DVD collection when our son was born. I'd seen a preview of the collection on a TV infomercial and was impressed with the engaging cartoons. Our son is now four years old and he absolutely loves the stories and characters in these wonderful animated Christian DVDs.

The adventures take place in Rome 64 AD. The main characters are a group of children left orphaned during Nero's cruel persecution of Jerusalem. The kids are taken in by the kind baker Ben and his loving wife, Helena. Meeting with other Christians in secret, they tell the stories of fellow believers. They strive to keep alive the stories of Jesus and they become known as The Story Keepers.

These stories are fast paced, nicely narrated, and very engaging. The animation is adequately done, though not on a caliber with Disney or the large animation studios. The backgrounds are more elaborate and much better than the character illustration which is rather plain.

However, the quality of the stories and the endearing characterizations more than make up for the average animation. As a Christian parent you'll feel confident in sharing these DVDs with your children.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best easter video available today, February 9, 1999
This is one of the best videos our family has ever seen. We watch it over and over, and neither the children (or the adults) ever grow tired of seeing it again. Action, adventure, truth, great music..... this is a must have for any family video collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Older Kids ONLY!!!!, April 8, 2002
"angeliquetoo" (Provo, UT United States) - See all my reviews
The whole idea behind this series is good, and this video would be fine for a much older child (they would probably follow the dual storylines much better anyway), but please don't subject your little ones to this one - unless you want to explain to the Sunday School teacher why he/she keeps crying and telling everyone that Jesus died. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for the Christian video library, September 26, 2000
Christi Harrington (California, United States) - See all my reviews
This is probably the best of all the Story Keepers videos. While there are many fine easter videos, few show the last days of Jesus as honestly and yet "child friendly". My five year old loves the video and watches it year 'round.

4.0 out of 5 stars He's three and he loves it!, May 31, 2003
By A Customer
My son is three years old and has been asking almost every day since Easter for "the Jesus on the cross" movie. He loves it. It has replaced Peter Pan (which he received for Christmas) as his favorite movie. My daughter who is 5 enjoys it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 31, 2013
This review is from: The Easter Story Keepers (DVD)
This Easter DVD is absolutely Perfect! Thanks so much! It's just what I needed and at a great price too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus!, June 12, 2013
I like this Easter story. I have always liked the way the story keepers tell the stories to keep them alive in everyone's heart and spread the Gospel. Keep up the good work and Good News. I need to get more of the series now. :P)

4.0 out of 5 stars book, March 22, 2013
This review is from: The Easter Story Keepers (DVD)
I bought this for someone else as a gift and I really do not know what they thought of it

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful kids show, March 4, 2013
This review is from: The Easter Story Keepers (DVD)
If you're a Christian that loves good movies for your kids over about 3, this is a wonderful movie. It talks about the struggles of early Christians in Rome, so there's some violence, but its not overt or gratuitous. My older 2 love this movie, it allows us to discuss the history of our religion while looking at the importance of strong faith.

The Easter Story Keepers
The Easter Story Keepers by Robert Guillaume (DVD - 2004)
$79.95