4.0 out of 5 stars Works Good on our PS3
Published 18 months ago by fob911

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked great until it crumbled
Its hard to rate this.. It worked AWESOMELY! But it broke in 4 days.... One slight accidental yank from my headphone cord and the thing literally fell into 5 pieces. When I put it back together it wouldnt work...
Published 15 months ago by chris mix

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Good on our PS3, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Eastvita® 7.1 Channel USB External Sound Card Audio Adapter (Personal Computers)
I bought this device to be able to use my Turtle Beach Ear Force X12's on my PS3, for it is designed for xbox. I use the microphone port on this device while having the headphone jack on my Turtle Beaches go into a splitter that plugs into the back of the tv. The benefit here is that audio goes through BOTH the tv and the headphones, and if I want to switch over to my Xbox I don't need to unplug the headphones. My headphones still work when I used the headphone port on the device, the only downside being that audio would not go through my tv. This product works good. The product is SMALL. VERY SMALL. Feels very cheap, but for $3 I was barely expecting it to work. I was going on the word of Amazon Customer Reviews alone. The buttons are useless on the device because I'm using the PS3, I think. Haven't touched them yet. Feels very cheap and feels like I could break it just by putting about 10 pounds worth of pressure. Is a little see-through, not all black in the picture so it scared me a little.
Overall I'm really glad I didn't buy a sound card from Best Buy for $30. Yeah, $30. And not even 7.1 Surround Sound. And they only had one. And it took them forever to find it or even figure out the product I was looking for. Are you kidding me Best Buy? I asked for a USB Sound Card. Was it really that difficult to figure out what I'm asking? Never going back there ever again. Next thing you know they'll try to sell me a Mac which will make me wanna go on a murder spree of Geek Squad Employees. They are also completely uneducated on computers. I could outsmart them in two seconds without a Computer Science degree.

Sorry about getting off track. It works good. Only one complaint. Picks up too much background noise because the input audio is kinda loud. Maybe if I messed with the buttons on the device would it help, but I don't care that much. I just had to put it on the lowest setting on my PS3 so I wouldn't blow somebody's ear out, though if it's another 5 year old at 1:00 AM I probably will anyway. So if you need it for your PS3 get it. Just don't forget:

You HAVE to select the device in the Accessories Menu on the PS3 before it'll start working. Again, audio works, I just use my tv output audio for personal reason. Good night Amazon.

EDIT: January 27, 2014

Glad to see my review as #1 Helpful for this product. A few people were confused on my setup and how this works so I'll explain this better.

This is a USB Sound Card, designed to be used on PC, but can also be used on the PlayStation 3 (and possibly PS4, somebody hop on that!). The point of this sound card is to provide a headphone and microphone jack. The PS3 has built-in functionality to be able to use such cards, and the Xbox 360 cannot. A big use of these cards is to connect non-PS3 licensed microphones and headphones to the PS3, which is what I am doing now. Turtle beaches have three outputs at the end of the long 20' cord, a headphone jack, a microphone jack, and a USB jack for power to the Turtle Beaches. My setup is:

I have the USB sound card plugged into the PS3, and I have the microphone jack plugged in. However, I do not have the headphone jack plugged into the headphone port. I also do not have my USB port for the TBs in the PS3. The reason why is for convinience. I have my USB power cord for the TBs plugged into the back of the tv, because for some reason I have a USB port on my 42 inch Vizio TV. As for the headphone jack, I have that plugged into a female headphone jack splitter, which plugs into the back of the tv. Most tvs have a Audio Output L + R port, so that's where the audio comes from.

NOW WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The advantage here is that,
A. The turtle beaches are now always on. If the USB was plugged into the PS3, it would only be powered on with the PS3. Now it is powered on whenever the tv is on.
B. Any audio that comes out of the tv now goes into the "Beaches". This is EXTREMELY CONVENIENT. The advantage here is that if I want to switch to regular tv or my xbox or my pc all connected to the same tv, I don't have unplug anything. Therefore, the headphones are now cross-platform, universal so-to-speak.
C. If I had the headphone jack in the USB sound card, the audio would not come out of the tv, only the turtle beaches AND they would not work cross-platform.

To get my amazing setup, do all the above and in the PS3 settings, go to accessories settings, audio device settings, set the audio output to generic device I believe it is, whatever makes it go through the tv, and set the audio input to the USB Sound Card (blanking on the name, sorry about that). Then use the splitter that comes with the turtle beaches and plug that into the Audio Output L + R on the back of the tv. There you go, best Turtle Beach setup in the world. Audio now goes through both the tv and the headphones, great for if you want to watch a movie and someone over loves turtle beaches and the audio clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars work very well and give a lot of volume to the music, June 8, 2013
I sell them in Puerto Rico and also the use ... I'm a DJ and I loved it because it gives a lot of volume that makes the music sounds harder ..... I recommend it for those computers that your audio output is damaged or is failing

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!! DOES WORK, September 7, 2013
I just brought this because I brought a pair of Logitech clear chat headphones to use with my voice recognition and it is great. The sound is amazing I do not see what people are talking about. First I listened to a song using just my laptop. I then used my new headphones and listened and I seen that the sound was better. When I hooked the 7.1 Sound Card up the sound was ridiculous. The sound increased by 100% I seen that a lot of people said that it did not work. FOR WINDOWS 8
PUT SOUND CARD INTO USB PORT
RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR SPEAKERS ICON CLICK PLAYBACK DEVICE
RIGHT CLICK C MEDIA USB HEADPHONE SET AND CLICK SET AS DEFAULT DEVICE
AT THE TOP GO FROM PLAYBACK TO RECORDING
MAKE SURE THE C MEDIA USB HEADPHONE SET MICROPHONE IS THE DEFAULT DEVICE IF NOT RIGHT CLICK AND MAKE IT THE DEFAULT DEVICE
RIGHT CLICK ON THE C MEDIA USB HEADPHONE SET MICROPHONE AND GO TO PROPERTIES
GO FROM GENERAL TO LISTEN
CLICK IN THE BOX NEXT TO LISTEN TO THIS DEVICE
CLICK APPLY AND OK

I played around and got great results. If your not computer savvy I suggest you find someone who is they can most definitely find out how to make it work playing around in the sound controls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great so far..., January 23, 2014
Used with Win. 8 64 bit, and recognized the adapter with a generic driver. Only 2 channel stereo option with the win 8 generic driver. It did not arrive with any (7.1 channel sound simulation software). Downloaded the Xear 3d driver via google search. Once I installed it I had to go into my control panel to update (change) my driver and select Audio Advantage Amigo driver which is the Xear driver. Then the options are there for 7.1 channel sound. Not a bad product so far for the price. It does sound great IMO and boosts the power output to my headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enabled Line In Monitoring, April 18, 2014
I have an Asus Transformer Book T100TA running Win 8. The headphone jack is a 3.5mm TRRS and will not accept an old school TRS microphone or headphones. Also, the techies at Asus conceded that the jack could not be used to capture line in signals (IE. an MP3 player). This external audio adapter had good reviews and cost a whopping $2.29, certainly a cheap experiment. The device arrived today in an unceremonious padded envelope with no paperwork whatsoever. Once the device was inserted, it worked immediately with no configuration. Headphone jack worked. Microphone jack worked. I connected an iPod using a male-to-male TRS cable to check for line-in capabilities. Initially the system could 'see" the signal in the Sound panel microphone meter, and Audacity could record and playback, but I could not monitor the input. The secret was in the properties for the microphone on the Listen tab. Once "Listen to this device" was checked the audio came on. I was going to purchase a Bluetooth transmitter, but now in addition to the many other tasks the Asus does for me (a really great piece of gear), I can route the output from my receiver to it and broadcast to my Bluetooth headphones to watch TV and movies. $2.29. Yahtzee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for microphone jack into PS3!, November 17, 2014
I bought this to use my wired gaming headset on my PS3, Specifically the Turtle Beach X12s. They have one green plug for audio, which came with a composite adapter that hooks directly to the cables coming from the PS3/sound system, one pink microphone plug which goes through this into a USB slot on the PS3, and one USB plug to power the headset. Simple set up, just plug everything in and configure the settings, good to go! I switch between using my headset on PS3 and PC and never have to set anything up after the initial setup.

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked great until it crumbled, November 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely works, August 20, 2013
First off A+ for same day shipping and next day delivery.
The product works, I use it with my DJ mini controller with ASIO4ALL. I had an initial problem adjusting latency as sound stuttered but this was more related to the ASIO drivers than anything else. I got my working by turning hardware acceleration off. (This fix is not necessarily true for all stuttering issues but rectifies them most of the time)

Once i got the adjustments set, this thing worked and worked well. Windows 7 picked it up and had it running in under 3 minutes (I timed it that's how i know :)).
I especially like the volume control as when i cue songs i can manually adjust volumes on the device if i need to.
A definite must buy for those of us seeking a second sound card without forking out the hundreds on internal hardware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it does, July 13, 2013
Pros:
Cheap
works

Cons:
volume control is just gimmicky and has almost no purpose (maybe on a laptop i guess)
kinda cheapy feeling, but it just sits on the end on my headset with no problems

if you want two sound channels, i'd recommend it, best deal for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great find, June 21, 2013
This is a handy little tool for the money. Just didn't realize it came from Hong Kong so shipping time was little long. but the product is great.