5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work as advertised

3.0 out of 5 stars NEEDS WARM TEMPS TO CURE
Published 12 months ago by Jason L. Olson

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work as advertised, October 15, 2012
Eastwood Rust Converter Aerosol Stop & Prevent Rust
I have used the liquid and the spray. Seems to work as advertised, but I will not know until spring if it actually did neutralize the rust in the new areas I spraayed it on. I waited the 24 hours it stated, then sealed rust encapsulator from Eastwood and 24 hours later sprayed it with one or two coats of paint to seal it from the elements good. Ive been using this for several years and in some cases it stopped the rust the first time, sometimes it needed a second treatment the second year to stop it cold. Even when it needed a second coat it seemed to be because there was deepper rust than I could see the first year. It has stopped all the rust to a point where each year I just go around and look for the very few spots of rust that I couldnt see or get to the previous year. There are spots where the rust never has come back too, so I am happy with this product. It is also a lot nicer not to have to mix to bottles together with this like you had to do in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., August 19, 2012
R. Schweitzer "Map Phule" (Redmond, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eastwood Rust Converter Aerosol Stop & Prevent Rust
Spray on rust converter. Great idea and great function. Recommend it for any area not normally seen but needing rust treatment. I used it behind bumpers, behind truck lips, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonders, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Eastwood Rust Converter Aerosol Stop & Prevent Rust
This was easy to use and combined with a good undercoating spray, it keeps the rust away. It also did not harm any hoses, plastic, or paint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eastwood Rust Converter, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Eastwood Rust Converter Aerosol Stop & Prevent Rust
I'm a big fan of Eastwood and their products this Rust converter is great! There are a few spots that I have a hard time getting to and cleaning but I feel more confident after spraying the converter that the protection is there to stop the corrosion. It's easily paintable afterword and for at least a year now no issues at all. I would recommend to anyone doing restoration work on old cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff works as advertised. Was used on a ..., December 20, 2014
This review is from: Eastwood Rust Converter Aerosol Stop & Prevent Rust
This stuff works as advertised. Was used on a sub-frame with surface rust. I wire brushed then wiped down dust with brake cleaner. Applied the rust 'converter' and at first it just looked wet and still rusty but after about 5 minutes it all turned to a solid matte black. I sprayed a second coat and then later followed up with chassis black paint.

3.0 out of 5 stars NEEDS WARM TEMPS TO CURE, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Eastwood Rust Converter Aerosol Stop & Prevent Rust
Can't rate it by stars so pay no mind to the 3 stars I put. I haven't been able to prove this stuff works yet since it's just been applied. BUT I WANT TO WARN BUYERS: The info on the bottle says it needs a surface temp of 50+ degrees to adhere and cure properly. Did know this until I read it on the bottle, and I just bought the car I was going to use it on and it's currently 28 degrees outside. So unless you have a well heated shop, save your project for summer time. Plus lots of ventilation in required so it would be ideal to do in a driveway on a warm day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 1, 2014
worked good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 29, 2014
thanks

2.0 out of 5 stars no, July 31, 2013
robert vest (PRINCETON, WV, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eastwood Rust Converter Aerosol Stop & Prevent Rust
first half can was ok, then the liquid was clear and would not dry had to throw it away. expensive

$24.99 $21.99