Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 23, 2007
This book has worked well with a small group of 8 CC children. If you need to do pre and post tests for acountability, there is a GREAT face scale that can easily be colored for pre-writers. Activities are well laid out and most are kept to a page, so you don't have to flip back and forth. I am very glad to found this book, I can tell already that it is going to get a lot of use. The pre post test alone is worth the cost of the book!
on August 1, 2008
There are 19 different social skills lessons with blackline masters. The skills are taught in a variety of formats including direct teaching, discussion, hands-on activities, role-play, puppet play, games, poems and stories, visual aids, and songs. I love to use literature when I can, and this book referenced many picture books for each social skill! It's a fabulous find-I only wish I'd had it sooner!
on September 27, 2007
This book offers direct lessons with worksheets, group activities, games, and book suggestions all to match each skill being taught in the lesson. It is a great component to any social skills class/group. I am using it for 2nd graders, so the preschool focus may be true for general education students, but for students with social needs, this is appropriate for older kids. Enjoy.
on January 18, 2014
I love using this book for classroom guidance. Before I became a counselor I taught intermediate. As a counselor I found myself having a difficult time teaching primary grades. This book has become my go to book. Lessons are appropriate and highly engaging.
on August 23, 2007
I thought this was a good tool for use with ALL kids grades K-1, and the activities seemed fun. I was disappointed that it wasn't more clear that it was for such young classes. This isn't going to solve major problems, but it would certainly work to prevent some!
on January 10, 2007
This is a good resource. I had to modify many of the activies due to the nature of my urban setting. It sparked ideas for other activities that were more suited to my setting.
on September 22, 2009
I was excited about ordering this book due to wanting to have more social skills-bldg activities for my kids' groups. I suppose I didn't read the product description very well; all these activities are for pre-K to K and a little confusing at that. I am disappointed.
on January 8, 2011
great when you need a lesson complete with materials! i teach children with intellectual disablities ages 5-9 and these are great for them!!!
on May 14, 2013
works wonders for the k-2 grades who have autism or are on the spectrum. Great place to start for lessons.
on January 29, 2009
I am an elementary school counselor and this book is not the best I've seen. Some of the activities are ok, but not worth the money.