Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Easy Cd and Dvd Burning
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 28, 2012
The back of the box says "Create custom DVD's with menus and background music". After loading the program, I learned that it is not compatible with video clips unless you pay another $40 for one year to "upgrade"... not throwing good money after bad. I've used Roxio products in the past and have been happy with them all. This was a rip off! This senior citizen is through with Roxio!
I used EASY CD since version 1. The latest is a nightmare. Here is a listing of the problems that were experienced.
1. The program refused to install. After several unsuccessful attempts, I rebooted my computer with the installation CD in my CD/DVD reader.
2. By the fifth reboot, the program began to install. It took over 20 minutes.
3. Trying out the software, I activated the video player. It "bombed" because a file was missing.
4. I tried the main program. The "blue screen of death" appeared, and I had to reboot the computer.
5. My Windows 7 OS was destroyed as a consequence. This forced me to reformat the hard drive and re-image my boot partition.
6. While my OS was being resurrected, I tried installing the program on a second computer. Immediately the screen went black and everything froze. I hard booted my second computer. Luckily my Windows 7 was OK and nothing was damaged.
7. Next day, I went to the Roxio support website, read the fine print, and described the above problems on its form. This is a "one-shot deal." The company only allowed one free inquiry with its tech department. Any more, the customer is forced to purchase a service plan.
8. The reply was very interesting. Instead of sending a replacement disk or providing me an internet link to download a good copy, the technician needed time to study the case. If I wanted faster or better service, I had to purchase a support plan for a price.
This was unreal. The installation disk was bad, and the obvious solution was to replace it. There was no need to study the problem - the solution was "brainless." In addition, a paid telephone conversation with a high price technician was not going to cause the defective installation disc to become good.
It is too bad that the Amazon.com website does not allow a "0 Star" rating." As a result, my "1 Star" award is the best that can be given.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE
Two days later, the technician emailed a link to download a "good copy" of the software. The program installed without any problems.
Unfortunately, my "1 Star" rating remains unchanged for these reasons.
1. The "brainless" solution should not take two days to resolve. The problem was obvious - defective software.
2. Limiting free customer service contact to one emailing is a "bad business practice." It is also insulting to require the user to purchase a technical service plan if further technical support was needed.
3. Consumers should not have to pay $35 per hour to talk to a technician by telephone. This was the company's definition of "quicker and better service."
11 comment|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2013
I received this item from Amazon in a timely manner in it's original sealed packing, however upon attempting to install the key code was not accepted. I have attempted to contact Roxio's support however they have the most difficult support that I've ever dealt with, just trying to find a way to contact them is extremely difficult with every step you take on their site leading you back to where you started. After finally getting in touch with them via contact form, they suggested I download the installer and try again. That still did not work and I've received no further response after four days upon sending them a copy of my receipt and proof of purchase. Definitely not a good way to do business.

I've used Roxio products in the past but never have experienced any problems until now. Personally I find this kind of failure in support completely unacceptable from a legitimate software company.
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
I used old version of Roxio in the past very successfully, but this was years ago on my old desktop. I saw this item on the lightning deal and ordered it just to get the dvd slideshow option which created slideshows with music you choose that can be played in dvd players. This version only lets you add 24 photos to any slide show. If you want access to adding more you have to upgrade to the premium version online.
22 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2011
Roxio Easy CD&DVD burning software came pre-installed on my computer when I purchased it three or so years ago. Lately the software developed an annoying glitch which probably could have been resolved had it been possible to uninstall and reinstall the program. This couldn't be done of course because no disc had been provided with the computer (a Dell, by the way). I shopped around and Amazon had the best price so I ordered new software. I wasn't unhappy with the way the Roxio program worked, so I decided to go with it again. It arrived on time in good condition. Once loaded, I was surprised to find a lot of "goodies" had been installed with the basic program. One of them was "Photoshow" which I tried and liked. After attempting to email a test Photoshow to friends, I found that it didn't work properly (the email didn't go anywhere). So I did an online chat with a representative to try resolving the problem. It could not be resolved at that time, so I was put on indefinite hold because they were having a technology "glitch" and didn't know when it would be fixed. I was given a work order (complaint) number but they did not promise they would get back to me. I waited about two weeks and tried to send a Photoshow again and it worked. What bugged me about all this is that while I was waiting for some word, I kept receiving emails from Roxio suggesting that I spend sixty bucks a YEAR to upgrade to their "premium" version. Guess what?
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2013
I would give this product a zero if I could. Although I purchased this at my local Fry's store the product is the same as Amazon is selling and let me warn you it sucks!. I purchased this product to be able to burn video files downloaded from Realplayer to DVD's. I was assured this would work. Not!!! I use Windows XP which the software say's it is compatible with. As soon as you try to select a file in the software to burn it locks up your computer. Roxio has been bought out by Corel and the support is terrible! I'm pretty much left with buying another software program if I want to make this work. What a waste of time and money! Do yourself a favor and buy something else.
on August 17, 2012
I purchased this software because my previous experiences with Roxio Products had been very good. After downloading this version, InsallShield pops up with an "Error #5" message, whenever I start up my system. I haven't yet been able to get it fixed but haven't gotten a hold of Roxio as yet, which I will do in a few days. I am using Windows 7 and, since this is new software, it should have loaded up properly. I am not a happy camper.
on February 7, 2012
Roxio used to be easy to handle. It gave you choices of what you wanted to install and what you did't. Since Sonic has been a part of it it allows you nothing since you must intall everything that is on the disc or download. This Easy Cd and Dvd burning 2011 has much less but allows you to do the programs that use to be the most used, and I like it.
on December 20, 2014
I was looking for a newer copy of Easy CD for my father-in-law to use on his new Windows 7 computer. He had upgraded from an old Dell XP box. The old box had an ancient copy of Easy CD, that would not run well on the new 64-bit Windows 7 without issues. He was very comfortable with the old tool and did not want to learn something new (he is in his 90s). Most of the newer CD/DVD packages include a lot of fancy tools for video editing and picture processing. These things are great if you need to do that kind of work, but he just wanted to burn CDs/DVDs of stuff from his music collection to share with friends. Although the interface is not identical to the really old copy, it was still as simple and straight forward and he quickly learned to get what he wanted done without the confusing complex interface of most newer tools.
on November 25, 2011
I have been using nero last 5-6 years wanted to give this a try. Cannot even sense my DVD writer. Cannot even uninstall .. no such facility for windows 7 home premium.

Reinstalling windows to clean this out and install nero back

No way to give anything below 1 star