Published on October 12, 2012 by Dvorah Lansky

1.0 out of 5 stars BE WARNED - VERY DISAPPOINTING!
This book has no colour pictures except for the cover!
I don't think it's a coincidence that only the first few index pages appear when you look inside this book on the Amazon site. There is effectively no warning that it's printed in black and white.
While the directions seem clear, it's pretty useless to me if the finished products aren't shown in colour...
Published 18 months ago by Kittytiptoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Crocheters You'll Want to Know About This Delightful Book of Patterns and Tips, October 12, 2012
As an avid crocheter, who has been crocheting since the age of 8 and put myself through college by selling my crochting (when tuition was $165 a semester!) I was so excited to discover this gem of a book! I love crocheting afghans but generally choose patterns that use the same color for rows and rows. Because of the tips I learned in Vicky's book, I am excited to be able to use up all my small balls of yarn, in smaller, more colorful, squares and shapes. I participate in a crochet circle where we turn scrap yarn into hats, scarves, and afghans, for the elderly and homeless. I can't wait to recommend Easy to Crochet Vintage Scrap Afghans: Volume 1 Squares and Shapes, to my group. Thanks Vicki for putting together such a useful, fun, and easy-to-use, guide!

P.S. For anyone who has faced the daunting task of piecing together afghans squares or shapes, you can breathe a sigh of relieve. In this delightful resource, Vicki teaches you how to easily and painlessly piece an afghan together with her simple method and by taking a systematic approach.

D'vorah Lansky, M.Ed., bestselling author of: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Patterns., February 18, 2013
This review is from: Easy To Crochet Vintage Scrap Afghans: Squares and Shapes (Volume 1) (Paperback)
There aren't too many patterns in the booklet. There are no color pictures inside the book. The directions seem very easy and the charts are very easy to understand. I am a beginning crochet person and love the pattern on the front of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars old patterns, June 6, 2013
I like the thought behind the book, but everything is in black and white on the inside. Why give you colors for yarn if you can't see how it looks like in those colors.

1.0 out of 5 stars BE WARNED - VERY DISAPPOINTING!, July 25, 2013
This book has no colour pictures except for the cover!
I wouldn't have bought it if I had known.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Vintage Crochet Guide, October 20, 2012
I acquired my love for crochet and needlework thanks to my late grandmother. This book reminded me of the patterns used in her crotchet work. The cover is exquisite and I was sure that the contents would be as good.

The book contains 6 vintage crotchet patterns. The methods are clearly depicted and the instructions are clear and easy to follow. This is not a 'how to book' for a beginner. A person with elementary skills in crotchet however, will be able to easily follow the simple instructions.

I was not quite sure how well a book of this nature would work on the kindle. I was pleasantly surprised that not only did it work well - but it was a actually better than a printed book because the images could be enlarged to take a closer look. This is not possible in a printed book. The kindle version was perfect on the kindle. It is clear that the author has taken a lot of effort to make the presentation perfect.

So thanks Vicki for bringing the beauty of the past to us in the most up-to-date reading format available today.

Recommended - BUY!

5.0 out of 5 stars love the patterns, February 20, 2013
This book has only a few patterns but I love how they are for making scrap afghans. The title is a little bit misleading as they are not for a beginner crocheter, you need to be able to read a pattern proficiently to understand. I'm just starting out but there was at least one pattern that I would be able to make. Most of all I just like having something for all my scraps. I plan on building the components to one of these blankets as I make other projects and end up with spare yarn.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 23, 2013
The instructions are fine, but I was expecting something a little more visual.
I like colored pictures, the examples of the afghans are in black and white.
I do realize this book is a guide for you to use your scrap yarn,
since it is giving you color and style of assorted Afghans and suggestions of what color to use.
I still would have opted for colored pictures, gives you a better visual guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and informative, October 15, 2012
Having enjoyed crocheting for years I couldn't resist this book.

I found it had very detailed and clear instructions for beginners and a nice variety of patterns.

It made me want to start one today!

2.0 out of 5 stars It's was a little disappointing, August 5, 2013
Although, I realize for the price it's a good deal... I was disappointed because only the afghan pictured on the front was in color. The rest were in black/white. Who wants to see a potential scrap afghan made out many different colors and you can't even see how it could possible look.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting patterns included, May 29, 2013
I was wondering what to make with all the left over scraps of yarn that I have. And now I have the answer. I liked the pattern Rainbow from the American Thread Co from the 1930.s And the instructions are easy to read and understand.

Easy To Crochet Vintage Scrap Afghans: Squares and Shapes (Volume 1)
Easy To Crochet Vintage Scrap Afghans: Squares and Shapes (Volume 1) by Vicki Becker (Paperback - November 2, 2012)
$6.99