Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 80 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 25, 2012 3:51:19 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2012 7:20:48 AM PDT
REALLY?? Show Me!!

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 10:45:30 AM PDT
are you kidding me? what proof do you have that he died in 2001? or why would you even think that?

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 1:58:10 PM PDT
Rather than write a long response here I suggest both you folks above simply use "Google" and do your own leg work, a simple search containing the phrases (osama bin laden, CIA, ISI, 9/11), properly done and you'll find that OBL was originally the CIAs guy in Afghanistan back during the Russian occupation and that our own government was complicit in the 9/11 coverup along with many other things sheeple like yourselves will never believe or comprehend - and if that's too much reading for ya both, Amazon sells this small David Ray Griffin book at this link here for around $11: Osama Bin Laden: Dead or Alive?

Don't take my word for it, put down the I-pad games and un-plug the cell phone and learn for yourselves what the truth really is.

Griffin's books alone which are properly referenced/footnoted will lead most sheeple places they'll never want to go.

As for myself I started my research back with the "Remember the Maine" lie spread across America by Hearst newspapers which started the Spanish/American war and worked my way forward - which is why the "book" this discussion is about pegs my BS meter.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 3:47:06 PM PDT
Mike Hunt says:
Michael, Do you buy your tinfoil hats here on Amazon or just make them yourself?

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 10:03:02 AM PDT
K. R. says:
Wow, that has to be the craziest thing I have ever heard.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 4:42:38 PM PDT
Listen to the news much.......

Report: Bin Laden Already Dead
Published December 26, 2001
FoxNews.com

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

"The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said.

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html#ixzz24nEA8xBT

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 4:59:29 PM PDT
P. Leahy says:
You're in pretty sad shape, man...

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 4:59:50 PM PDT
and then there are these reports......

Bin Laden's voice was detected regularly until [14 December 2001] by intelligence operatives monitoring radio transmissions in Tora Bora, according to the Pentagon. Since then, nothing has been heard from the al-Qa'eda leader and President Bush has hinted in private that bin Laden's silence could mean he has been killed. [Telegraph, 12/28/2001]

and here: http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/south/01/19/gen.musharraf.binladen.1.19/index.html

Musharraf: bin Laden likely dead
January 19, 2002 Posted: 12:35 AM EST (0535 GMT)

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan's president says he thinks Osama bin Laden is most likely dead because the suspected terrorist has been unable to get treatment for his kidney disease.

"I think now, frankly, he is dead for the reason he is a ... kidney patient," Gen. Pervez Musharraf said on Friday in an interview with CNN.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 5:27:35 PM PDT
Excuse me? I'm pretty sure tin-foil-hats are for folks that believe in aliens - not folks that believe a government is capable of lying to it's citizens.

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 5:48:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 28, 2012 6:08:50 PM PDT
Extraordinary claims generally require extraordinary proof, I'm aware of this.

The author I named/listed above has plenty of evidence to support his claims and I have given reports from Fox, CNN (quoting the once President of Pakistan) and the Telegraph, (a British news source) above to support mine for all those too lazy and closed minded to check it out for themselves.

Perhaps posters should ask themselves how 2 diametrically different news sources and one half a world away could coincidently agree with my position and claim and run stories around the same timeframe.

Sad part is no one has yet done any research on their own which is all I suggested.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 10:46:39 AM PDT
lollie1434 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 11:31:31 AM PDT
Shad in DC says:

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 11:45:46 AM PDT
What about CNN and the Telegraph, (British) or how about this little known fact reported by Dan Rather?

Back when our government was claiming they had NO IDEA where Bin Laden was CBS and Dan Rather gave this report:

ANNEX

Transcript

CBS Evening News with Dan Rather;
Author: Dan Rather, Barry Petersen
CBS, 28 January 2002

DAN RATHER, CBS ANCHOR: As the United states and its allies in the war on terrorism press the hunt for Osama bin Laden, CBS News has exclusive information tonight about where bin Laden was and what he was doing in the last hours before his followers struck the United States September 11.

This is the result of hard-nosed investigative reporting by a team of CBS news journalists, and by one of the best foreign correspondents in the business, CBS`s Barry Petersen. Here is his report.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE) BARRY PETERSEN, CBS CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Everyone remembers what happened on September 11. Here`s the story of what may have happened the night before. It is a tale as twisted as the hunt for Osama bin Laden.

CBS News has been told that the night before the September 11 terrorist attack, Osama bin Laden was in Pakistan. He was getting medical treatment with the support of the very military that days later pledged its backing for the U.S. war on terror in Afghanistan.

Pakistan intelligence sources tell CBS News that bin Laden was spirited into this military hospital in Rawalpindi for kidney dialysis treatment. On that night, says this medical worker who wanted her identity protected, they moved out all the regular staff in the urology department and sent in a secret team to replace them. She says it was treatment for a very special person. The special team was obviously up to no good.

"The military had him surrounded," says this hospital employee who also wanted his identity masked, "and I saw the mysterious patient helped out of a car. Since that time," he says, "I have seen many pictures of the man. He is the man we know as Osama bin Laden. I also heard two army officers talking to each other. They were saying that Osama bin Laden had to be watched carefully and looked after." Those who know bin Laden say he suffers from numerous ailments, back and stomach problems. Ahmed Rashid, who has written extensively on the Taliban, says the military was often there to help before 9/11.

AHMED RASHID, TALIBAN EXPERT: There were reports that Pakistani intelligence had helped the Taliban buy dialysis machines. And the rumor was that these were wanted for Osama bin Laden.

PETERSEN (on camera): Doctors at the hospital told CBS News there was nothing special about that night, but they refused our request to see any records. Government officials tonight denied that bin Laden had any medical treatment on that night.

(voice-over): But it was Pakistan`s President Musharraf who said in public what many suspected, that bin Laden suffers from kidney disease, saying he thinks bin Laden may be near death. His evidence, watching this most recent video, showing a pale and haggard bin Laden, his left hand never moving. Bush administration officials admit they don`t know if bin Laden is sick or even dead.

DONALD RUMSFELD, DEFENSE SECRETARY: With respect to the issue of Osama bin Laden`s health, I just am -- don`t have any knowledge.

PETERSEN: The United States has no way of knowing who in Pakistan`s military or intelligence supported the Taliban or Osama bin Laden maybe up to the night before 9/11 by arranging dialysis to keep him alive. So the United States may not know if those same people might help him again perhaps to freedom.

Barry Petersen, CBS News, Islamabad.
(END VIDEOTAPE) END
Copyright CBS News 2002

"They military had him surrounded. I have seen many pictures of the man. He is the man we know as Osama bin Laden." Hospital employee
(CBS) Everyone remembers what happened on Sept. 11 and, reports CBS News Correspondent Barry Petersen, here's the story of what may have happened the night before.
In a tale as twisted as the hunt for Osama bin Laden, CBS Evening News has been told that the night before the Sept. 11 terrorists attack, Osama bin Laden was in Pakistan. He was getting medical treatment with the support of the very military that days later pledged its backing for the U.S. war on terror in Afghanistan.
Pakistan intelligence sources tell CBS News that bin Laden was spirited into a military hospital in Rawalpindi for kidney dialysis treatment.
"On that night," said a medical worker who wanted her identity protected, "they moved out all the regular staff in the urology department and sent in a secret team to replace them." She said it was treatment for a very special person and "the special team was obviously up to no good."
"They military had him surrounded," said a hospital employee who also wanted his identity masked, "and I saw the mysterious patient helped out of a car. Since that time," he said, "I have seen many pictures of the man. He is the man we know as Osama bin Laden. I also heard two army officers talking to each other. They were saying that Osama bin Laden had to be watched carefully and looked after."
Those who know bin Laden say he suffers from numerous ailments - back and stomach problems.
Ahmed Rashid, who has written extensively on the Taliban, said the military was often there to help before Sept. 11.
"There were reports that Pakistan intelligence had helped the Taliban buy dialysis machines and the rumor was that these were for wanted for Osama bin Laden," said Rashid.
Doctors at the hospital told CBS News there was nothing special about that night, but they declined our request to see any records. Government officials reached Monday night denied that bin Laden received any medical treatment that night.
A U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Tuesday the United States has seen nothing to substantiate the report.
It was Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf who said in public what many suspected: that bin Laden suffers from kidney disease, saying he thinks bin Laden may be near death.
His evidence - watching the most recent video, showing a pale and haggard bin Laden, his left hand never moving. Bush administration officials admit they don't know if bin Laden is sick or even dead.
"With respect to the issue of Osama bin Laden's health, I just am...don't have any knowledge," said Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.
The U.S. has no way of knowing who in Pakistan's military or intelligence supported the Taliban or Osama bin Lade, maybe up to the night before Sept. 11 by arranging dialysis to keep him alive. So the U.S. may not know if those same people might help him again - perhaps to freedom.
Copyright CBS News 2002

guess they were lying about the medical condition of OBL too...........

Folks that are close minded will never believe their government lies to them and like yourself are far to lazy to do their own research, ya may be laughing at me, but I feel sorry for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 11:51:12 AM PDT
lollie1434 - sorry to inform you but in publications like the Asia Times or the Pakistan papers (readily available to internet user, who know better that to just digest American news) they spell his name Usama and if you'll check closer you'll see that what you were reading was FOX news, not me,,,,,,,duhhhh

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 1:56:21 PM PDT
BonnieWix says:
because the media always gets it right and has the purest of motives.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 4:24:06 PM PDT
KD says:
Did you guys know that the government faked the moon landing?

I will now put my fingers in my ears...lalalallalalA...I can't hear you.....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 4:43:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 28, 2012 4:48:16 PM PDT
Shad in DC says:
Michael, I apologize for for being crass towards you. You can believe what you want and also express your opinion to others. We are not suppose to agree all the time with each others opinion, but we are suppose to respect others. Again apologies. Have a great day!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 4:45:48 PM PDT
Shad in DC says:

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 6:42:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 9:12:32 AM PDT
Shirl, no problem here with your comments I have heard it all before and trust me I don't appreciate Fox news any more than you. That said I don't censor my news channel choices as most have their own bias, or my choice of books either, trying to cover all perspectives of any issue that interests me.

From the bonus marchers slaughtered by our own government and run out of your hometown in 1932, 3 years into the great depression to the decidedly marxists clearly un-American leanings our current POTUS or the corrupt manner in which the current GOP perfidiously changed the rules today in order to circumvent the plans of Ron Paul to deny the Mitt his 1440 delegates and allow real Americans to know that the media we have strayed into talking about lied about the states Dr. Paul won during the recent nomination process.

Far too old and tough skinned here and nobody's fool; especially the wholly corrupt government that thinks they aren't being monitored by folks like myself who remember the words of great men like old Ben Franklin who said:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote", which is why I'll never forget that we live in a "REPUBLIC" where government should fear the individual and not the other way around. I call 'em as I see 'em and not without facts to back up my position.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 3:58:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2012 3:59:05 AM PDT
But you know that you don't really exist, nobody of you does, you are all just actors in my own Truman show...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 8:13:19 AM PDT
A. Hsieh says:
That's ironic because everything you've said so far pegs my BS meter.

It's funny how full of yourself people like you always are - anyone who doesn't believe in your tinfoil hat theory is sheep or too stupid to comprehend what you're talking about? Please get over yourself.

If your "research" involves typing some words into Google - you're more deluded than we suspect. Let me guess you got all your "facts" from bobsconpiracytheories dot com?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 10:22:28 AM PDT
Jon Gordon says:
Finally, the truth. I can verify that with one hundred percent absolute certainty. In December 2001, bin Laden, dressed as an illegal migrant from Reynosa, Mexico died in Harlingen, Texas from a heart attack while mowing the lawns of infidels. I know. I was there. I saw it. That is the truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 10:27:28 AM PDT
brandonn says:
No, it's for you guys too.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 12:20:23 PM PDT
S.C. says:
That's bullshit. I taught young adult, political refugees from the Mideast refugees during this ordeal> He was very much alive.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  50
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  Aug 25, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
No Easy Day: The Autobiography of a Navy Seal: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden
No Easy Day: The Autobiography of a Navy Seal: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden by Kevin Maurer (Hardcover - September 4, 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (6,487)