Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now HTL

on September 17, 2009
Along with my Wonder Washer and Wonderwash Laundry Mini Countertop Clothes Spin Dryer Portable Clothes Dryer I have a complete portable laundry center. All three items are small and compact for easy storage.

This setup reduces the trips to the laundromat and has paid for itself in no time. Really great to have when boondocking (I have solar and a genset) and are miles from a laundry. I still wash my sheets,and blankets at the laundry. Almost everything else is doable with this setup even my jeans, one bath towel per ld, washcloths,etc,.

For water conservation when boondocking I just wash a light colored load first. After it finishes I place the wet clothes in the spin dryer with the drain hose positioned into Wonder Washer tub so that the wash water can drain back into the washer. I then wash the 2nd load and run them through the spin dryer. I then fill the Wonder Washer with fresh water and follow the same sequence to rinse both loads.

The mini spin dryer is very effective in removing excess water from the laundry and does not stretch items out of shape as hand wringing often does.

After wringing in the spin dryer I place the items on hangers and into the portable clothes dryer that I have set up under my Fantastic Fan vent in the living area so that the humid air can be directed outside. Most things dry in about 15-20 minutes. If the weather is nice I do not put the cover on or use the heat, I instead just airdry. I also have a Whitmor 6023-741 Folding Drying Rack, White that works well for air drying outdoors as well as indoors.

This heating unit can be used as a electric room heater by setting up the base but do not put the center pole with the drying arms or the cover on. It gently blows out hot air which warms the room. Talk about multi-functional.

The three legs slide easily into slots on the heating unit base. The center pole is in segments and easily goes together with the umbrella style upper pole to hang the clothes on. The dryer cover is heavy nylon with a heavy duty full length zipper. This makes for an easy setup as well as compact storage.

This setup would work well for dorm rooms, small apts, as well as RVS.
on May 4, 2011
I was overjoyed when I stumbled upon this product since my apartment is only 400sqft and I could take it apart and store it under my bed. Along with a Haier portable washer, I have my very own laundry system and I no longer have to fight over the one washer and dryer with everyone else in the building. I got mine for cheaper on ebay, as a previous reviewer mentioned and since I got it, laundry has been so easy! A couple of quick things: a) people are saying that it doesn't dry well, and to that I say mind the instructions! It says that it can only handle about 20lbs of laundry. Think about it, if it works by blowing hot air into and around your clothes, how can it possibly work if you've decreased the amount of space in which that hot air has to work? My machine works perfectly; the few times things haven't been dry is when I've tried to stuff a few towels, jeans, shirts, socks (I get creative with hanging!), etc after a heavier than normal wash load. Just because the thing can *hold* a lot doesn't mean it'll dry more than it says it can. it's not meant to dry comforters. b) it is actually kind of loud, which is why I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars. My neighbors have never said anything, but it's loud enough to me to make me feel guilty about running it at odd hours when people may be sleeping. that being said, holy calzones it works when used right! I dried a couple of oxford shirts and jeans, pillow cases and some socks and stuff in 45 minutes. The shirts DID NOT NEED IRONING after (I shook them before putting them in, as another reviewer recommended). That needed to be capitalized because I hate ironing. Last thing: I kept a dozen or so of those wire hangers you get back from the dry cleaners since the machine gets hot (as it's supposed to) and I'm afraid it'll warp my sturdy plastic hangers, but I'm probably being paranoid.
on November 15, 2010
I gave this product a three only because it takes a really long time to dry but baby once it gets hot...its all uphill from holds a nice amount of laundry and if you need some extra heat in the house trust me this will heat a large room has a stand where you hang the clothes on and at the bottom is the heating unit..then once you have put all the clothes you want to dry on the stand you then put the insulating bag over the clothes and the stand for the desired amount of time, zip it up and that's it...for lighter clothes one cycle of 120 or a little less will probably be more than sufficient but for heavier clothes you may need to do 2 cycles of 120 minutes to get everything dry..its important to shake the clothes good before placing them on hangers and putting in will save you on ironing trust me..the best thing you can do for yourself is to purchase a spin dryer along with this...its a necessity, not an option trust me it makes things a million times don't need a huge space for this but you do need a nice size space..all in all its a good product if you don't need something dried right away..the clothes do come out good but it does not take the wrinkles out of clothes..shaking the clothes out good first will help with that...
on October 1, 2010
I bought this dryer as I wanted to have something at my own apartment to dry my baby's clothes. This is a nice dryer and it takes longer than I expect, around 160min to dry everything but it does not damage or shrink the clothes. The room can get a bit warm when it is working. But overall I am happy with it.
on June 9, 2011
I use this dryer with my wonder wash and spin dryer, i was really scared to buy this because i didnt think it would work good, but i had to try it.. OMG it is amazing, i cant believe how fast it works, how hot it gets, and how portable it is. im 5'2 and it is taller then me. It hold ALOT of clothes and works great.
Would recommend wringing out clothes or using a spin dryer. This dryer gets HOT so i use it in a bedroom and shut the door so the heat wont escape everywhere since it is about summer time. It would be GREAT in the winter to keep warm and dry clothes.

on July 29, 2010
I love this dryer... it disassembles easily and fits in small spaces. It dries very well and is a great value.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2011
Just a couple of notes about this product. The quality of the product was not what I was hoping for. Mine arrived with threading issues with the aluminum center pole that holds the item together. I had to finally take a file and file down some of the edges on the end of the pole so that it would even screw together before I could even use it. The threads were that messed up. After a good hour or so filing and trying to fix the threads, I was finally able to assemble and use the item. Not sure who fell asleep in quality control when they made my item, but the one I got should not have passed thread inspection.

As some have stated, it works if you use it right. The clothes cannot be sopping wet. If you have a spin dryer then this may be a good addition. I can see how trying to hand wring a lot of the water out of it before you hang the items up may not be enough to have this dry items in a reasonable time. Clothes should be just "slightly damp" or I can see how this thing will take ages to try and dry something. It does put out a lot of hot air, but not enough to ever dry anything that is sopping wet. A slightly damp dress shirt will still take 30 minutes or more to dry. Heavy materials like jeans will take an hour or two hours to even get reasonably dry. Even then it may be better to just air dry heavy items and try and save on your electric bill. Anything with lots of folds will have challenges, as it needs to be separated enough for the hot air to penetrate and dry the items. So keep that in mind when placing items. They need to be able to almost billow out with the air to dry. Anything folded over or with multiple layers may have problems drying. So pants and jeans should not be folded but hung waist down by the ankles unfolded to dry. Even then, you may get uneven drying and need to open the bag up and rearrange the clothes to balance out wet spots in the garments and promote faster drying.

The way this thing works is there is a heated fan almost like a small hair dryer on the bottom. Above that, you need to place the air deflector on the pole (facing down). This catches the hot air and forces it down around the bag to inflate it like a hot air balloon. When on, the entire bag will fill with hot air. The bottom should fit gently directly around the hot air vents on the base. This is below the plastic air deflector. The bottom of the bag is fitted with a rubber grommet edge that needs to rest against the bottom heater vents. It will not get hot enough to melt the bottom seal, but it needs to seal over and around the air vents to work. The outer bag needs to be resting directly against the heated base to work and inflate correctly.

Another issue I am still dealing with are the arms. It opens up inside like an umbrella. The only problem is if you do that, the bottom supports tend to get in the way of hangers and clothes don't always hang right. Not sure why it was designed that way, but the umbrella part would make sense if it were on top and you could have an unobstructed place to hang your garments. But that is not how it is designed.

Overall, the thing will work, but it could be a lot better. It will be slightly faster than using a regular clothes line, but don't expect a miracle dryer.
on September 15, 2010
I purchased the Easy Dry for my small apartment. The setup is quick and easy and the included dryer/space heater works well. The heater uses 900 watts and blows rather strong. This little dryer works best when not filled to over flowing, but theoretically holds 20 pounds of laundry. I have found this is able to dry blue jeans, towels, T-shirts, sock, etc... The heater has an adjustable timer that can be set from 1 minute - 120 minutes.Heavy items may require the 120 setting; it is likely you will need to dry an additional 20-30 minutes, but this is sure faster than strict air dry.
on November 23, 2010
I love this machine. It works wonderfully with my washer, the Haier HLP23E. However, this washer has an excellent spin cycle and on the low setting the clothes come out nearly dry. I did not find it to markedly heat my apartment as others have mentioned. It also didn't appear to really unwrinkle my clothes.

From a noise perspective, it is what you'd expect in the way of a machine that blows hot air. Not too loud, not too soft.
on February 11, 2011
I bought this dryer for my daughter living abroad. Of couse I tried it first and was very please with the drying ability of this product. Yes, it may take 2 hours to complete a dry cycle but compared to 1 1/2 days without this is a life saver. Additionally, the box was small enough to mail to South Korea. She told me the summer season is so humid nothing drys quickly so this "very portable" dryer beats the humidity. I would recommend this product highly.