Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Easy, Fabulous Bread Making: A collection of quick, no-knead, homemade bread recipes
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 2, 2012
In my family, we make a lot of fresh homemade bread, so I looked forward to trying out some of the recipes from this breadmaking book by Barbara Mack. We made the cinnamon rolls because my kids wouldn't allow me to pass up making that dessert recipe! They were delicious and turned out wonderfully! We also baked the Farmhouse white bread recipe. There is nothing better than homemade bread! The author also gives some tips on how to make changes to the recipes to make them healthier, if that's what you prefer. It's a terrific book, useful both for beginners in baking and those who are more experienced!
on January 2, 2012
I love this book. I have bought multiple copies as gifts for friends i like it so much. The recipes are easy to follow, and the finished product is great..great flavor, appearance...everything. I will absolutely but any other cookbooks the author publishes...
on February 9, 2012
After reading the one star reviews I was worried that I had purchased a dud, so I started working my way through the recipes. They are clearly written, easy to follow, and don't use any exotic ingredients that aren't pantry staples. I generally have my dough in the fridge 3 days before baking. I have not had any trouble with any of the recipes and have been extremely happy with the results. All the breads, rolls, and bagels have been very light and quite tasty. These are, truly, easy and fabulous breads that do not need kneading. I highly recommend this book.
on January 15, 2012
The author shows us how to easily bake our own bread. Like her, I tried kneading, weird recipes and expensive bread machines. I am impressed with the simplicity of the refrigeration method and will now enjoy fresh healthy bread without additives.

This method works...

and its easy.
on January 23, 2012
This is a really good book, but be sure to read the directions carefully, especially about the yeast. The only thing I do not like about this book is the recipe title will be on one page and the recipe on the next, sometimes with large breaks in between; or large space at the top of the recipe and only 1/2 of the recipe on the first page and the rest on the second page.
on April 6, 2012
The recipes in this book are great. Simple and straightforward even for a novice baker like me. A friendly word of caution to anyone new to using yeast about it failure to rise [as mentioned in one of the reviews]. I found that when this happend to me, I either had not gotten the liquid warm enough [which will fail to proof the yeast] or I had gotten the liquid too hot [which will kill the yeast before it proofs]. The cure was simple. Invest in a reliable candy thermometer or digital instant read version and heat the liquid slowly to within the exact temperature range specified in the recipe. It can differ from one recipe to another. This is imporant because yeast mixed into the flour before the warm liquid is added can withstand and often requires a higher liquid temperature than yeast that is being added directly into the warm liquid and then the liquid into the flour. I baked a lot of duds and wasted a lot of money until I learned this so I just thought I would share. Happy baking.
on May 23, 2012
I'm a person who never had a good example in the kitchen growing up and, as an adult, gave up on making my own bread altogether for a long time because I could not figure out how to knead. I couldn't even get bread to work with the aid of a stand mixer/dough hook combo. Then I stumbled across this title and thought, "Meh, it's worth a try, right?"

I am SO glad I did.

While I know there's no substitute for developing gluten in your yeast bread the old fashioned way, this book is the key to bridging the gap between no bread at all and something fabulous. I've tried everything in the book except the English Muffins and every one of them have turned out wonderfully, following Mack's instructions. Sometimes I have to tweak things to make it work for my altitude/humidity combination, but all of these breads taste wonderful and are very simple to prepare. For experienced bread makers, I'm sure it's not the bread book of choice but for someone like me, it's practically miraculous. I can finally make bread!

As an ecookbook, the only thing it's lacking is an interactive table of contents and some nitpicking formatting issues. I'd have given it five stars otherwise.

Try the Hawaiian Bread and the Potato rolls. :)
on March 5, 2012
I have always wanted to make my own bread, but thought it would be too complicated. I tried a bread machine but it never seemed to feel like real bread. After reading this book I have become obsessed with making every kind of bread. It's so easy. Thanks to this marvelous book!!
on August 18, 2012
Looking for great-tasting, "meaty" homemade bread . . . the kind that's made from scratch and tastes like it came from a traditional bread bakery in a picturesque village? How about a no-fuss, no-knead bread recipe that takes five minutes to prep and place in the fridge to rise? (Once in the fridge, the dough sits for at least eight hours and as long as five days before baking.)

You'll find plenty of easy recipes here, starting with the yummy Farmhouse White Bread. I prep four-to-eight batches at a time and bake them in bulk at my convenience. Once cooled, I wrap the individual loaves in two layers of aluminum foil and a freezer-strength plastic bag. They store well in the freezer for at least six weeks. Before serving the once-frozen farm bread, I place the still-wrapped loaf in the fridge or on a kitchen counter to thaw. When thawed, serve at room temp or warm the bread in a conventional oven or microwave. Out of this world!

Fresh from the oven, the Farmhouse White Bread is divine.

Tips: This bread makes a fantastic foundation for homemade egg and "muffin" meals. It stands up to melting cheese and luscious tomatoes, too.

I use rapid-rising yeast, so my bread isn't sweetened by sugar. And instead of butter, I use 1/4 cup of safflower oil.
on February 22, 2012
My picky 2 year old and 4 year old loved the first loaf I made from this book (The Farmhouse White). I wanted to start trying to bake bread each week and needed an easy, non-threatening way considering that I am pretty great at cooking and pretty horrible at baking! I like to cook without measuring so baking tends to frighten me because the recipe usually flops if I don't follow the exact directions. I did measure everything from the recipe and followed the directions and my first loaf turned out wonderful!

The most enticing part of this recipe book is that I was able to make the dough pretty quickly the night before after the kids were in bed and then it can stay in the fridge until I want to bake it. I have two preschoolers, babysit two infants, and teach online college classes so I really don't have several hours to spend in the kitchen. So far I really enjoyed this book. I'll try and update my review once I try the other recipes in this book. I think I might try the potato rolls next.
Happy Baking!