4.0 out of 5 stars Deer block saved my garden
Published on June 9, 2008 by K. Dobra

3.0 out of 5 stars a little on the flimsy side
I bought this because I was being "frugal"--I didn't want to pay the $56 plus shipping for the heavier weight material option--and now I'm sorry.

Published on April 12, 2009 by P. Roman

3.0 out of 5 stars a little on the flimsy side, April 12, 2009
P. Roman "Pam I Am" (Trumbull, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy Gardener 6050 DeerBlock 7-by-100-Foot Netting (Lawn & Patio)

Although this might do the trick, while I was putting it up it was tearing, just by my pulling on it a little bit. As my confidence in this product is slim I'm probably going to cost myself more in the end by now buying the more expensive option anyway. Bottom line, I don't want the anguish of putting in a garden, letting it mature and ripen beautifully, only to find that deer have gotten in and eaten everything in one dawn escapade. It's worth the extra bucks (pardon the pun) up front.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tears very easily, June 6, 2009
I think this product is unfit for the purpose for which it is being sold. It is very flimsy & tears very easily. I can't imagine it could keep anything out. Our dog knocked into it, it tore. The wind alone tore it from the posts. Numerous huge tears have appeared, cause unknown. A complete waste of money. We shall need to replace with something more substantial. Thus far we have had to repare at least once per day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deer block saved my garden, June 9, 2008
I really like this product. We had a problem with the deer eating the tomato plants in our vegie garden. We got the deer block last year and it did the trick! We enlarged the garden this year and set in posts for the deer block, we put in a gate and it has worked great, no bunnies eating the lettuce either!! You can hardly see it and in the last two years nothing, such as birds or butterflies have gotten caught in it. So far it has done the job!Deer Block

2.0 out of 5 stars I'll use it again OOPS - had to throw it away., March 2, 2011
Bought it to keep rabbits out of vegetable garden. Split it in half to go around a 20'x60' ground level garden. Just step over to get in and out of garden. It is sort of hard to handle because it is rather light weight, unruly, and snags easily on things. I used tee posts about every 20' and tied with tie wraps. I left about a 6 inch "skirt" on the ground, turned it to the outside of the fence and weighted it with bricks. Dogs run into it. Grandkids run into it. Two snakes and a Texas spiny lizard got caught in it and died. One cottontail found an unsecured spot but it was generally effective in keeping rabbits out. I plan to buy more this year.

UPDATE: I bought more. Had to take it down. Rabbits just cut holes in it (and the patches I made)and came and went at will. I've watched them come and go. Did catch and kill another spiny lizard, however. It was not effective for me and kills things I don't want killed. Replaced it with metal wire rabbit fence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like the DuPont Deer Netting Product, November 27, 2010
I would like to hear from someone who has bought the DuPont product like this. The packaging looks the same and the 7*100ft is the same. I have used the DuPont Deer Netting for probably 10 years with complete success. The local supplier is suppose to be Lowes, but more and more they do not have it available. The Lowes price was around $13 for the same amount. I do not use it as a fence, but wrap it around individual shrubs or groups of shrubs that have grown together, on one side of our house that the deer always come to in the winter. The first year I used plastic twist ties to hold it together (like for garbage bags), but these did not hold up. I now use very small wire, probably 30awg or smaller, that is typically used for crafts. This cost me around $2 for a large roll that has lasted me for years. I agree with some reviewers that it would not work well for fencing, but wrapped around shrubs, is is great.

I do not try to reuse it the next year. It is very thin and clings to itself due to the microscopic barbs on the netting. Also, the shrubs will grow the next season making it difficult to fit the prior year netting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Man vs. Beast, April 28, 2009
This is a good product if you're fighting the backyard battle of man
against the critters. I use it the way it comes,which is folded in half,
which makes it 40 inches high, enough to keep out most deer and rabbits
who are looking to make your garden their next meal. put some wooden
stakes about six feet apart and use a staple gun to secure to stakes, or
you can just throw it over some plants if you're lazy. You could use the full 7 foot height if you don't mind the 'maximum security' look. Usually, the pests,
excuse me, our furry friends, will just move on to your neighbors yard
where there are easier pickings...except, when those juicy,red tomatoes
start ripening in August...at that point I'd recommend an AK-47.

4.0 out of 5 stars functional and inexpensive, June 21, 2011
This 7' deer netting comes in a 100' roll and is folded in two (so roll is 3.5' high). Unrolling and unfolding it was fairly easy, especially with two people. I hung it from wire stretched along the tops of 7' high stakes. Except when the sun catches it just right and causes a sheen, it is practically invisible (I'm glad I used bright colored ties to secure it to the wire to alert people to its presence - if you use green ties you can really achieve an unnoticeable look). No problem with deer yet. I plan to use it year round to protect a long row of new dogwoods I planted as a screen along a fence line. It will be interesting to see what happens with the snows this winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe Gardens, April 1, 2009
Deer are not my problem - squirrels and my beloved cats are. I have laid this netting over my garden beds and have not lost one plant to diggers or had my garden beds disturbed.
I am very pleased with this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars BIRD NETTING, May 17, 2010
Bought as a deer barrier but this is so flimsy, it is nothing more than bird netting

4.0 out of 5 stars did the trick and I was pleased, May 2, 2010
Many have said here that it is flimsy- true to some extent --but that serves my purpose here too- lets light in and keeps the deer/groundhogs/etc. from eating my crops- it also "blends" in the garden and dosen't look like a "sheeted" mess -- I just cleaned out my garden yesterday after the winter- I hadn't taken the netting off last fall-- and I had to tug hard to remove from the plants that grew into it after my laziness last fall and it was not a problem as to tearing- so all in all I say this is a very good product and is very cost effective and economical! I am back to buy for this year!

Easy Gardener 6050 DeerBlock 7-by-100-Foot Netting