Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on July 12, 2002
I like the fact that, while decently large, this dictionary keeps its focus on fairly EASY German. With verb conjugations and example sentences to demonstrate the use of each and every word, I find it an easy way to boost my vocabulary without getting too side-tracked by grammar. (I don't mind learning that elsewhere.) I also found that I could use the 2nd half of the book (the English translations for German-speakers) to get a good handle on the pronounciation keys. Seeing how they instruct German-speakers to pronounce words I AM familiar with has been really helpful to me in studying the German half.
on September 9, 1997
This English/German, German/English dictionary is the perfect aid for the beginning German speaker. It has pronounciation guides tailored for English speakers, sample sentences in English and German, plus gender, plurals, etc. for each word.

Because of the size of each entry, there is not the large number of words that other bilingual dictionaries contain, so it will be less useful for the advanced German speaker.

Overall, an excellent introduction to German.
on July 18, 2006
Dr. Byrd is the man. I had him in a foreign language class, not only is he very knowledgable, but interesting. I would highly recommend anything written by him. He is truly an expert in his field, please, get this if you want to increase your German knowledge (and learn from a really cool guy).

Knox