4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job
This tape sticks to ITSELF much better than to copper pipe. The amount was ample for 15 feet of heat tape (I know it is confusing, but the heat tape is the black plastic covered heating element that this tape I am reviewing positions against the pipe to be heated). I applied it every six inches (sometimes 4 inches on pipe curves) and even had some left over.
This...
Published on January 1, 2012 by Anthony Gonzalez

3.0 out of 5 stars not much tape on the roll
Actually I see no point to this product except it warns others a heat tape is under the pipe wrap. It would take many rolls of this to secure the pipe wrap in place and removing the tape’s coating to expose the sticky side looked to be a hassle. One large roll of red electrical tape worked out fine for me. I never used this.
Published 10 months ago by JOHN

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Easy Heat HCA 30-Foot by 1/2-Inch Cold Weather Valve and Pipe Heating Cable Application Tape (Lawn & Patio)
This tape has a backing. This paper backing must be removed prior to applying the tape to the pipe. This can be tricky in a crawl space because you have to pull each tape section (precutting sections makes applying easier and can be done before you get in the crawl space) off the backing and then apply it to the pipe and heat tape with the heat tape firmly against the pipe. It's impossible to do that with gloves on (you need the gloves for the insulation application later on). Make sure you circle the tape over itself to make sure it won't lose it's grip.

Remember, the tape is the device that keeps your electrical element (heat tape) up against the pipe! If your heat tape has large gaps where it isn't touching properly, you will use more elctricity because it will take longer for the pipe to get to 45 degrees and the heat tape will wear out sooner because it's on more often. Don't skimp on applying this tape!
Finally, do some math on the length of your pipe and how many strips of tape to precut BEFORE you get in the crawl space. Take the tape sections and the rest of the tape and some scissors in a small plastic bag with you. Everything you can do before you get in there helps.
I'm 65 and was still sore for about three days after the job despite a lot of preplanning.

3.0 out of 5 stars not much tape on the roll, November 22, 2013
JOHN (toms river, NJ, United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars worked as advertised, October 16, 2013
Duane C. Byrne "Dewey" (Vermilion, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I used this product under my house on the exposed water pipes. It was easy to apply and at this point it appears to stick to the water pipe quite well. The adhesive seems good. I used this to attach my new heating cable for my water supply line beneath the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, good heat tape, October 10, 2013
Last winter was very cold at our cabin and we lost a couple of copper lines to freeze. I was tired of spending the first day of my getaway changing lines and thawing frozen pipes. On advise of a plumber, I piped the cabin in PEX and insulated my exterior line with this heat tape and double insulation. We had a few freezing nights already and so far so good. Only time will tell how long this item lasts and how it will hold up to below zero temps. I'm was about 1/2 price from the local retail store. Thanks amazon prime!

5.0 out of 5 stars does what is says, January 26, 2014
easy installation
order the special tape too and you won't have to stress wondering if the tape you are using will last

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, April 6, 2013
This item works very well in keeping some pipes I have from freezing. It's nice to have something that takes a worry - frozen water pipes - off your mind. I'd buy this item again.

1.0 out of 5 stars frozen pipe, January 27, 2010
S. Smith (Ft. Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
I have the electric tape on a copper plumbing fixture. It is installed in a way that is even more thorough than the instructions suggest. It still did not keep a valve from splitting, and the temperatures were not below 20 for more than a few hours. I may try to use the tape again when I rebuild the copper fixture, but I will be using much more of it, and reinforcing the electric tape with foam insulation.

3.0 out of 5 stars do not know if it works, March 31, 2014
I purchased to use with a heat cable purchased separately. since I cannot use the heat cable for my application, I've not used this product

1.0 out of 5 stars HCA easy heat tape, January 14, 2011
I expected a much heavier duty tape.
This tape is much too flimsy and I cannot use
for the application I intended to use it for

Rate and Discover Movies