1,787 Reviews
 (1,326)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
Published on May 26, 2012 by Carole

2.0 out of 5 stars Little Paper Rose Review
(2.5)

'Easy' was one of those books appearing in the right moment, at the right time. I have to say I probably wouldn't have picked this one up if it hadn't been for the fact that I really wanted to read something (and failed to find anything else) and 'Easy' sounded like an okay contemporary romance.

This is one of the few college-aged romance...
Published on June 6, 2012 by Little Paper Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 26, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Tammara Webber has this amazing ability to craft these remarkable and hard-to-get-out-of-your-head stories. Her writing gushes raw emotion and there were multiple times in Easy when I myself cried and plenty of times that I laughed and smiled. I absolutely love her Between the Lines books, especially Good For You, and I have been anticipating reading Easy since I first heard about it. Tammara hits on a difficult issue in this book, one not to be taken lightly, and does a phenomenal job stressing the importance of getting help and standing up for yourself.

Easy begins with a bang, the author immediately dives into her hold nothing back tale of issues, romance, and strength carefully and it's wonderfully done. I read Almost by Anne Eliot a few months back and those that have read and enjoyed that one should definitely check this one out, but so should everyone else as well. It's a story about being strong and believing in yourself.

As Jacqueline begins putting her life and her heart back together again after the end of a 3 year relationship two opposite and equally desirable guys come into her life. First there's Lucas, the mysterious artist in her class and a totally swoon worthy male. He may be harboring some deeply rooted secrets and multiple occupations but he is eye candy and just may be the whole package. Then there's Landon, the class tutor who is intelligent and witty and seems to be what Jacqueline needs right now, but she's never met him in person. I adored the sweet banter of emails shared between Landon and Jacqueline, they made me smile from ear to ear. Easy and natural conversations are plentiful throughout this book, everything flows nicely. The characters are all great and diverse. I can't say enough wonderful things about this book. GO BUY IT NOW!

The romance in Easy made my heart race. Tammara Webber is a literary mastermind and she ties everything together so well in her book. From the drama to the mystery of her characters, the reader is always guessing. Lucas in all his mysteriousness is my favorite character; I always go for the tall dark and handsome, and there is just something incredibly sexy about the way he is portrayed. A+ to Miss Tammara for creating one of the best contemporary romances I've had the pleasure of reading! She is an amazing story-teller and one author everyone has to check out, if you haven't already. I need more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Handled with great compassion, care, and humor, May 26, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
This is my first read from this author, and I am definitely drawn to read her other works!
The subject matter is heavy, but it doesn't feel heavy because it doesn't come from a place of condemnation, but rather reality. Tammara took great care in the reality of these difficult situations in a college setting; what friends think/do, what bystanders think/do, and what the Greek community thinks/does.

The friendships were honest and felt real, without being overwhelming. The language used was fantastic. Sure there was a fair amount of cursing and otherwise colorful language but, again, that's the reality- not the airbrushed version. The vernacular is current, popular, and amusing. I laughed out loud many times, remembering my own college experience not that long ago.

I deeply appreciated the back stories not becoming lost in the main story. While Kennedy didn't dominate the book, I felt him and even grew to feel his frustration at himself by the end of the book. I LOVED Erin, and loved that she was a 2nd strong female in this story- a story can never have too many strong females :)

As the member of a national sorority, I felt the Greek system was portrayed fairly and accurately; for better and for worse. The conversation in the sorority meeting is one that has happened in various incarnations in chapter meetings across the country. It's true that it only takes ONE strong-headed woman to say "cut the bull and let's stand together"

Some of the things that happened emotionally with Lucas and Jacqueline I wished had happened sooner, so we could go deeper in to them, rather than a tear and "do you want me to leave?" However, again, that IS the way some things happen, that the space between two people physically is filled/stuffed with so much emotion that there is only room for a single tear, or nothing at all.

This book needs to find its way in to every high school senior English class. And, since that's not likely to happen, I want every parent of a high school girl to buy this for their daughter. It might be the best high school graduation present they get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful message, GIRL POWER to a tee, and with strong relationships and three dimensional characters, December 8, 2012
This book resonated with me strongly, and I'm giving it a well deserved 4.5 stars.

I received this book from Goodreads First Reads giveaways in exchange for an honest review.

Easy by Tammara Webber has been floating around cyberspace for a while, and so I was excited to get a chance to read it. This book stars Jacqueline, a college girl, who has been dating the all American guy for three years, and has a charmed life. This all ends when said guy dumps her to spread his wild oats and she gets attacked by one of his frat brothers. Then she meets Lucas, a hot bartista, and also starts a flirty conversation train with her new Econ tutor whom she's never met. And not to mention, she has a kick butt best friend and roommate, Erin, who is probably one of my favorite characters of the year.

I think that any woman can tell you that being attacked is something we all think about when we are heading to our cars at night, and one thing that we are all nervous about, even if we don't say it out loud. The fact that someone can go through such trauma and then end up on top is really empowering. That's all that went through my head-- with great, loving friends and support, you can protect yourself. Jacqueline grows and develops throughout the book, initially powerless, but then finds ways to stand up for herself. Erin helps her every step of the way. I know I've already started the love fest about Erin, but she is totally awesome. She is unwavering in her support to Jacqueline, and the fact that she is a sorority girl that parties and Jacqueline is a bookworm makes no difference in their relationship. In fact, in many instances, she totally stands up for her instead of standing with her sisters. She is incredibly insightful and very protective of Jacqueline, and I think she is as much of a heroine in this book as Jacqueline. Not to mention, the boys in this book are very hot. The novel is fast paced, and I blazed through it from beginning to end.

The only issue I have is that there must be so much more in Erin and Jacqueline's history that is just not there. I know it's not their book, but they must have gone through a lot in their friendship to be so close, and all we get is a one liner that they've come a long way.

Overall, a worthy read with an even worthier message. For any woman who wants to read a GIRL POWER book, this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Webber has really hit her stride with Easy. The characters of Lucas and Jackie are so well developed. Lucas is deep and the tortured hero, but he isn't overly so. A tortured hero who at the same time doesn't become repetitive and sickening because of his moods was SO refreshing. I think Jackie grows in the way you expect to grow in college. She has based her life on a relationship and Webber does such a wonderful job of letting her find closure from that relationship and moves on. I like that she handled her post relationship with Kennedy as a strong woman who knows that there are better things out there.

I think the story line was excellent also. It was believable and the central theme of rape/violence against women was tied together so well with Jackie and Lucas.

The final note that I have is about Webber's portrayal of sorority women and fraternity men in the novel. She could not have been more accurate about it. Fraternities are above all a brotherhood, where they will do almost anything to protect one another. But there is an extent to every brotherhood, where brothers cease being brothers. She nailed this so accurately with the character of Buck. I was also so pleased with her portrayal of a sorority women really supporting a sister. As a sorority woman myself, I know that that is the type of support I (or any of my sisters) would get from my sisters if we had to face this type of event. Although I know that there are all sorts of peoples in sororities and fraternities, I think the reason I find the few college age novels out there unreadable is because of their complete exaggeration of college life, especially concerning Greek life.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! I LOVED this book!, June 3, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
I seriously enjoyed this. Like, a lot. I'm not a young adult but I *do* enjoy young adult stories when they are well written. Easy had everything I love in a story - angst, a hot and mysterious bad boy love interest with a brain *swoons*, fleshed out characters, and lots of great dialogue.

I could not put this one down, and got WAY too little sleep last night as a result. After recently reading a chain of books a bit below my expectations, this was an awesome surprise. I loved the female lead character, she is someone I would actually want to be friends with. Of course I fell in love with Lucas as well, obviously ;)

There are some sensitive/serious subjects touched upon here and I thought they were handled really well. I get really leery when the subjects of rape and abuse come up in novels - I cannot stand when authors casually just throw that stuff in their novels to give their characters a more tragic backstory, without handling those subjects with the respect they deserve. Those subjects were very tastefully/respectfully handled which I appreciated.

Oh, and don't ask me why, but I am a complete sucker for email/text flirting in books! Also, the make out sessions in here were hotter to me than some of the more explicit "sex scenes" I've read recently in a few other books.

I can't recommend this book highly enough. Very well done and I'm so glad I decided to download it. Now I need to go check out what else this author has written.

***And just edited to say...I have like 20 books burning holes in my kindle waiting to be read...but I just HAVE to re-read this first! And that's what I'm doing right now ;)***

5.0 out of 5 stars CHA-CHING!, June 2, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
How can I start this review with out fan-girling all over it? I don't think it's possible so I"m going to jump right in...

Let me first start by saying I was thrilled and completely honored to be asked to review this newest release by Tammara Webber. I fell in love with her writing when I read "Between the Lines" which has become one of my favorite YA trilogies. When I found out she was doing a stand alone novel, I was intrigued because I was wondering how I was going to survive living with her characters for only 1 book. I did survive and I'm here to give you a head's up of why you NEED to read this book.

What I love about this book (and Ms. Webber's other books) is that her characters are very realistic. You can get in their heads and understand their motivations, thoughts, and actions. While reading this book, I felt like Jacqueline could have been me or any one of my friends in college. I identified with her thoughts about school and especially the fact that she's a music student. When I was a student, I'd gone through that part in life where your mind isn't on your studies so you slack off and then have to make a comeback academically. Also, I met my husband online when I was in high school, so I understand the connection you can make with someone through the computer like Jacqueline does with her tutor. Like I said, I TOTALLY GOT JACQUELINE! When things get bad for Jacqueline, you want to be her best friend and hold her hand and give her a pint of ice cream and gossip about the stupid things boys do.

I made so many book marks in this book! (this only happens when I am completely into a story and get all mushy inside or when something makes me literally laugh out loud)

The picture Ms. Webber paints of college is very accurate. While some of college life can be scary in both emotional and physical ways, there are parts that can be pretty great - as I read this book, I felt it was very spot-on.

**Small Spoiler Warning & Author Recommendation (Mature Young Adults for language, drinking, &sexual situations)**
Fair warning: this book can get pretty emotional. The author advisement should be taken into consideration before reading this novel. There are a lot of things going on, especially the part about sexual assault. Even though the topic can be harrowing, it was dealt with head on and showed the reality that many women face after having been sexually assaulted. However, I would definitely suggest this to high school aged readers. If I could make this book extremely popular and get it on required reading lists all over the world, I would just for the awareness.

MY SHORT LIST OF AWESOME STUFF ABOUT EASY:

-HOT, artistic, brainy guys

-Drama

-Comedy

-I loved the email banter between Jacqueline & her tutor: "Of course I'm brainy! I'm the all-knowing tutor. And in case you're wondering - yes, you're my favorite. ;)" (Kindle Location 552)

-I adored the chemistry Jacqueline has with her econ classmate. CHA-CHING!

-Everyone needs a best friend like Erin. She's the perfect balance of zany & voice of reason. "Could be hot..." she whispered. "Especially if there's a uniform. Or handcuffs." (Kindle Location 1508).

-Hasn't everyone had that one "specific-class-friend" that you only see maybe 2x's a week at class but you have great conversations with?! I <3 BENJI! "Um, giving half the class an exhaustive summary every Monday morning--in lurid detail--of how much of an alcoholic skank you are? Isn't all that attractive, either. Just sayin'." (Kindle Locations 2693-2695).

In short: You NEED to read this book. You SHOULD read this book. I couldn't put it down. At one point I actually screamed, "AAAHHH! I LOVE THIS BOOK!" and I even put a note in my edition to remind me of when I did so (in case you're wondering Location 1378).

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED this beautiful, romantic story!!, June 1, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Wow, Tammara Webber must have been reading my mind b/c this story was tailor-made for me!!! Easy was this delicious recipe of all the things that make a contemporary romance story really reach perfection. A hot, mysterious knight in shining armor, a damzel in distress who finds her own strength, and of course plenty of jealousy, danger, romance, chemistry, and unexpected twists to keep me on the edge of my seat from page one!! I loved every minute I spent with these characters!!!

Jacqueline's character was very easy to relate to; she's just the average girl, devoted to her guy and willing to change her plans so that she can be with him when they go to college. She sacrifices her own opportunities to follow Kennedy, the self-centered asshat who decides he wants to 'sow his oats' instead of staying committed to her. I loved there's not a lot of time wasted on Jacqueline and Kennedy's breakup, instead it's more about her life without him. The story starts out with a life-changing moment for her, which was her attack at her truck by a classmate one night. In swoops her knight in shining armor, Lucas, the tattoo-covered, lip-pierced hottie. I'm a total sucker for the hot guys that swoop in and save the day, so Lucas pretty much tattooed himself right on my heart at that moment!!! I loved that he and Jacqueline have that shared 'moment' (though terrifying), because when she discovered him in her class it made her interest in him believable and completely expected IMO!!! And their romance was sweet and subtle, so I felt like I was really falling for Lucas right along with Jacqueline. And Landon...yeah, when Landon becomes her over-email tutor I was just eating up all of the cute messages they shared (the book blurb pretty much points out the secret behind Landon and Lucas, but I won't give it away just in case it's not as obvious to others that read it). Landon is the book-smart, witty, patient guy to Lucas' sexy, care-free bad-boy. Jacqueline can't help but be drawn to both of them, as they both represent something she's never had before from Kennedy. I loved both of them, too, and when the secret was 'revealed', I was relieved that Jacqueline could finally put her mixed up feelings behind her. L was just what she needs in every way, and the chemistry between them was just off the charts...talk about sexual tension!!! Whew!! There was plenty of drama throughout their romance, between the bouts of jealousy on both ends and the presence of her attacker keeping her constantly on edge. It was so hard to break away from this story because I was just so anxious for the barriers to fall down and Jacqueline and L to just give in to their feelings. It was an emotional rollercoaster and I loved the thrill!!

There was a great message in this book about the importance of speaking up about sexual assaults, and the plot twists with Buck's heartless attacks were terrifying and sickening. He really is just the scum of the earth, and I loved that Webber showed the strength of victims through something like this. Between L's horrifying, gut-wrenching past and Jacqueline's attacks, the victims in this story are shown taking charge of their own lives and getting past the violence. Jacqueline starts out believing she made a huge mistake following Kennedy to his dreams, but it turns out she was exactly where she needed to be because she's the answer and healing balm to L's never-ending torment. She gives him the hope and reassurance he's always needed and could never find, and it was so beautiful to watch him finally have that. He truly went through such hell, it crushed me to read what he suffered through, and it brought tears to my eyes when what Jacqueline goes through makes him realize that he has to forgive himself. It's really just an amazing message, an unforgettable story, and a romance that melts your heart!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Easy is a book that I literally devoured in one sitting, I was captivated by this wonderfully intense love story by Tammara Webber.

Jacqueline has recently been left heartbroken when her boyfriend of three years, Kennedy who she followed off to college broke up with her. Not only having to deal with her devastation but she is also failing Econ and missed her midterm so needs to catch up to make up her mark.

Meanwhile, after Jacqueline is assaulted and almost raped by a frat brother at a party, she sets out to reclaim her life and not be the victim. It took her a while to talk about what had happened but she took the steps to make herself feel safer and to rebuild her confidence; I just wish she could have found the courage to go the police sooner.

She also finds herself drawn to her near-rape savior Lucas who is secretive, sexy and extremely talented. I loved the relationship they came to share and although there were a lot of things he kept from her (I will avoid what they are to avoid spoilers) he made up for with his caring and protective nature. His history was devastating but I loved the way his life had been turned around.

Jacqueline also finds herself drawn to her Econ tutor, Landon Maxfield who is mysterious, charming, extremely smart and witty and Jacqueline begins to look forward to his emails which are how they communicate. I liked this aspect of the story but wish the truth could have been revealed sooner to avoid the miscommunication and drama.

Easy deals with very real situations, there are relationship and school dramas; it deals with rape, bullying and harassment as well as family and confidence problems. Ms Webber dealt with these topics in a way that was compassionate, emotional and believable which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Easy was an incredibly sweet, intense and emotional read that had me riveted from the very first page. I loved the evolving relationship between Lucas and Jacqueline; I enjoyed the mystery surrounding Landon, the friendship she shared with her friend Erin was wonderful and the writing captivating.

Overall, Easy is a sexy, fun and at times emotional read with a plot that was believable. I'll definitely be on the look out for more books written by Tammara Webber.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly good! A Young-Adult romance for a mature audience., June 1, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Easy was such an emotionally deep story, realistic in nature, and had a wonderful steamy (but age appropriate) romance between a tortured hero (Lucas) and a heroine (Jacqueline) who must now come to terms with the choices she made.

In a nutshell, this romance story really is about Jacqueline's journey after making her rash decision to follow her boyfriend (now ex) to his college. In the beginning of the book Jacqueline is attacked by a would-be rapist, only to be saved by Lucas. The story is not dark, but the event that happens in the beginning of the book does play a strong role in the rest of the story. Her safety, who she trusts, where so goes...etc. are no longer things she can take for granted. Wonderful things happen for her too, including meeting some great friends and the oh-so-hot Lucas. She was a very likable character, smart and deserving of good things. Her chemistry with Lucas felt very real.

Lucas was also AWESOME. A hot tortured guy who is possessive of Jacqueline, but in a way that never crosses the line. He defends and protects her from a violent sexual rapist on campus, and ultimately their romance gives her reason to believe that her decision to attend the college that her now ex-boyfriend chose might not have been a bad decision after all. If you like a hero with some tats, a small lip piercing, and rides a motorcycle, you'll love Lucas.

The story has quite a few twists and kept me fully engaged all the way through. While the subject matter is dark at times, it never gets bogged down with the angst and drama. The main focus remains on Jacqueline and her building attraction and relationship with Lucas. The romance story was the best part, and it never goes overboard.

I rarely read YA, but this one is actually considered more adult in nature, and I agree. Think of this as a blend of YA with more adult material and some steamy sexual scenes mixed with some fade-to-black moments. The make out scenes get super steamy hot, but when it is more than that it will fade to black. The relationship is right for their age and maturity, too. I am so glad I took the chance on this one, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to love!, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
This book blew me away. I am not a fan of the author's other series so I was skeptical about Easy. The positive reviews convinced me to give it a try. I am so glad I did!

The summary does not do the book justice. I didn't expect the book to be as deep or romantic as it was. The email interactions between Landon and Jacqueline made me smile but the chemistry she had with Lucas was amazing. I loved the fact the book takes place while the characters are in college-it makes the emotions and plot more realistic than most YA books.

I didn't want this book to end. I want to know more about the characters and hope that there is a sequel!

Easy
Easy by Tammara Webber (Paperback - May 24, 2012)
Used & New from: $0.34