5.0 out of 5 stars Worked the First Time...Easy!
Published on May 22, 2012 by Kelli N. Perkins

1.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favor and take a pass
Published on November 26, 2012 by Ryan N Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked the First Time...Easy!, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
I've not had any of the issues some people have reported. After agonizing over which software and equipment to purchase for the conversion of my 60 hours worth of family video, I gave Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus a try. There were softwares both more and less expensive. I hooked up an ancient vcr to my Windows 7 laptop. Installation was simple, no glitches. When I opened the program and pressed "play" on the vcr, it took about a 5 second delay and then the recording showed up in the main screen area. It could not be easier to use. I'm saving the files to my pc for editing and probably will not burn them to dvd. The editing software is also intuitive--just some simple cuts/edits and nothing fancier. Exactly what I needed for this task, as I have Adobe Premiere for more extensive editing. The picture quality and sound quality were as good as the original. Love this product! I'm very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, July 2, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
I was skeptical that this would work well after reading reviews of earlier versions,but this product is easy to use and works very well.I am in process of converting some 25 year plus old home videos into dvds, despite some of the tapes being deterioated it makes a great quality dvd copy of the tape. I have even archived some old comercial tapes,they are not available on dvd and I think this would be a legitimate use of this product.since its capturing the signal from the vcr after its decoded the macro vision is bypassed. I reccomend rhis product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favor and take a pass, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
Don't buy this product. It's not that the Easy VHS to DVD is that bad it's the Roxio (Corel) customer support. I have two of these darn things. The first on worked, with some minor skipping, until I formatted my hard drive. I had lost my driver disk and could not get the driver downloaded from Roxio. After about six months of trying to do this and getting NO help from Roxio I finally broke down and shelled out another $75 for the newest version. The old one skips sometimes so I thought the upgrade would be worth it. I could not have been more wrong! The new one doesn't work. It works for a minute or two then the screen turns blue. I still get the audio, but the picture goes out. The good news is that the old one works with the new drivers. But I had paid $75 for the newer product I wanted to get my money out of it. I contacted Roxio and from the get go I have been given the run around. Every couple of times of trying to get them to replace or repair my device they would email me telling that since I had not contacted them they were closing my case. I sent them pictures of screenshots and tried a bunch of things that I was told to do. Nothing worked. I offered to mail it to them so they could check it -at my expense- and was told no. I guess then they would have to admit that it was broken. It was so obvious that the intention from the beginning was to run me around until I gave up. I did. I emailed my case worker with my frustration and gave them the go ahead to close the case because I could see that I wasn't going to get my device repaired. If a company cared at all about their customers I would think that knowing that someone out there purchased your product and couldn't use it you would do everything you could to get it working for them. Guess what I heard from Roxio? Nothing! No reponse. Just a sigh of relief as they closed my case. I can't believe that I wasted 75 bucks on this thing. SEVENTY-FIVE BUCKS!!! For something I'm going to put in the garbage! Take a pass on this thing, do yourself a favor and by the competitions, or use another method or recording your VHS tapes.

If anyone cares my case numbers are 01445179, and 1472441. My devices serial number is 23122037094. I have never experienced such horrible customer support. Never will I ever deal with Roxio or Corel again.

1.0 out of 5 stars support very poor, no one to speak to on phone, going on two weeks and unit still does not work., October 19, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
Received Roxio Easy VHS to DVD3 Plus on 10/08/12. downloaded software with no problem but my desktop would not recognized the video capture device. I also loaded on to my laptop and same problem. You can only get tech support with email, after two days got a response and was instructed if patch cable were connected right. Come on red plug to red plug,white to white and yellow to yellow? after waiting a day I was instructed to check my system device manager were I found the video device was not recognized. Next day and a half reply to delete Roxio device from device manger and download an online driver . How can I delete the Roxio driver if it does not show up. anyway reloaded new driver and still does not work. I have written to support that I have tried these fixes on two computers, Maybe the video device is defective. finally after 11 days I get a email from support that maybe the device is not working and I need to narrow this down to verify. As today I am not able to use this product, I can not understand why they just don't offer to exchange the video device for a new one rather than waste their and my time to see if defective. If I knew I would be jumping though hoops I would not buy this product. 11/01/2012 AS OF YET STILL NOT WORKING LAST WEEK LEVEL 2 SUPPORT WENT INTO ACTON AND ASKING ME THE SAME BACSIC QUESTIONS FROM WEEKS AGO. BUYER BEWARE!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Rixio VHS to DVD, July 12, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
The product has some problems but works. If you have a pause in you VHS this program will finalize your DVD to soon. I have wasted several DVD's due to a pause in the old family shot VHS tapes I am copying. The program should let you decide when to finalize or at least give more time than it does. The wire conection get's hot when transferring from VHS to DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works first shot, June 18, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
This "Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus" product (soft & hardware) from Roxio is terrific; it started to work immediately after product registration. It is installed on an XP Media Center Edition machine. Easy to learn/use. And works for either audio or video transfers. I was expecting some reconfiguration to do but this product just ran without any modifications to default settings.

Shipping: it arrived about 2 or 3 days ahead of estimate. Packaging: about standard, similar to store-bought soft/hardware. The plus was weather-proofing the item without my requesting it (forgot).

5.0 out of 5 stars Vhs to DVD converter, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
I have read some of the other reviews and decided to write this to add to the plus side. This could not have been any easier to use. My goal was to take some 20 year old VHSC tapes and get them copied to my computer and backed up before they were no longer readable. I was able to copy my first VHSC within ten minutes of installing software. I was able to use the edit function on SHORT videos. Caution If you say proceed right after you finished copying tape ,stand by it will take almost as long to let the editing process finish. That is OK if you need to edit them. Most of my were simply just copy them to the computer. I found that once you have completed the coping do not edit or preceded to next step, simply start new project. The tape you just recorded is in the Captured Videos Folder. If you decide to proceed then you are giving options for tablet computer etc. Standby it's a long process after that. I just wanted them captured on my computer in a Windows Media Player file. So I just exit and started a new project and the file was there without that extra step. Remember this is only is you do not edit them or want them converted to something other than a Windows Media Player file. This was exactly what I wanted and worked great without any problems. My only real surprise was how big the file was. (edited or not) a one hour tape was 4.to 5 gigs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, May 19, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
So I bought this product today to replace Plextor converter that isn't compatible with my new windows 7 computer. I brought it home hopeful because I have grown to love a lot of Roxio products. However, when I first installed it and plugged it in to my old analog camcorder, it refused to record any sound. I double checked and triple checked the connections. It captured video but no sound. So i tried to trouble shoot it on their website. The website was no help at all and kept saying i needed to update the drivers to get the sound to work. So I checked for updates and it said no updates available you have the current version.

So out of curiosity thinking maybe it was my camera's fault, I plugged it into my satellite receiver. Again, it recorded the video, but refused to record sound. Then all of a sudden it started saying "NO Video Signal" on both the camera and the tv. When I got it working again, it would drop the video signal every few minutes and loose about 10 to 30 seconds of video before it would pick up the signal again.

I checked all the system requirements and my computer exceeds the requirements. My computer is less then six months old and is running windows 7.

I will be returning this product to the store tomorrow and buying a different brand.

By the way, the video editing software that came with it isn't that user friendly either and is very basic even though it says it comes with a lot of features.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked once then died, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
This product worked one time. Created one DVD and then stopped working. I would put in my recordable DVD, go through the motions on the software, create my menu, edit the video files I wanted to put on my DVD. I would press "export to DVD," and after an hour of "writing information to DVD" I get an error message that says there was a problem writing the files to DVD. I try to stick the DVD into a DVD player and it is blank. I try to re-record information on it but the computer sees files on the DVD so it doesn't recognize it as a blank DVD. Even though there are files on it the files won't play. After ruining about 3 blank Dvd's with this software I called their 800 number for some help. They wanted $20 to even be connected to a technician to help me. I was so angry that this company wanted money from me just to ask a question about their product that I already spent money on and worked one time for me! I decided to continue to find the problem on my own. I thought maybe it was my DVD drive. I tried to copy and paste some pictures onto a blank DVD. Worked like a charm. I even installed the software on my boyfriends computer to see if it would work on his computer. Installed it, went through the motions, have me the same error message an hour later. So it is clearly the software that was faulty and the only way customer service will even listen to your question they are going to charge you $20. I would never buy this again or recommend it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money.... read poor reviews of previous version - no change, March 23, 2012
This review is from: Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Software)
Read the reviews for the previous version of roxio easy VHS to DVD and you will see it was total junk. I, unfortunately, did not read them and bought this new version on a whim. What a waste of money. The software will lock up on a my windows 7 machine and the support site is no support.

Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus
Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus by Roxio (Windows, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
$69.95 $45.99