Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Easy Weight Loss Yoga: 12 Best Poses to Get Lean, Strong, and Calm
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 17, 2012
I have had a lifelong battle with my weight. (As my family reminds me) As a result, I know my metabolism is out of whack because of my weight loss/weight gain cycle. I'm excited to have found Patricia Bacall's book which addresses my problems directly. I've been doing the yoga poses for about three and a half weeks and I feel so much better. I am learning that I don't have to be perfect for the yoga poses to be beneficial. I'm really proud of myself because this is something that I can continue to do. Thank you, this book has been inspirational!
on August 23, 2013
I took a couple of Yoga classes years ago, so know how effective it can be. But for some reason I stopped and over the years I have slowly gained weight, and now when I come home from my daily walks, I find myself stiff and inflexible.

I've been thinking about talking another Yoga class, but was embarrassed to. I'm sure some of you can relate! So when I came across "Easy Weight Loss Yoga: 12 Best Poses to Get Lean, Strong, and Calm" I thought perfect. I'll do this at home and then take the class.

The book was WAY more than I expected. In addition to the 12 poses, the author, Patricia Bacall talks about WHY Yoga is perfect for weight loss. She gives details on how Yoga affects your glands, organs and hormones and how stimulating these hormones will help you lose weight.

There are chapters on diet and how your overall lifestyle will affect your health and weight loss goals.

I found all the "extra" and unexpected information to be highly motivating because it told me WHY and HOW Yoga works. If I had known these things years ago when I first took my classes, I never would have stopped!

And finally the poses. Bacall talks about why the 12 poses are so effective. The illustrations shows you what the pose looks like and Bacall provides fabulous detail on how to do them. I am very stiff ... so I REALLY appreciate the pose variations. One day I will be able to do all of them!

I am thrilled to recommend this book to anyone on a quest for better health and who wants the added benefit of becoming slim, trim and sexy!!
on January 12, 2013
The book was very informative and helpful. I learned some new techniques to breathe doing the poses. I would suggest this book to anyone no matter your level.
on August 24, 2013
I love this book. Ive purchased a few yoga dvds but they never really explained weight loss aspect of yoga in them or what the different body systems function and which yoga exercises target these areas. A very informative book with a lot of great advice!
on April 13, 2013
This book showed me poses I already knew about BUT explained them (and their specific health benefits) in ways I was never aware of! I will be incorporating 20 minutes of yoga into my daily activities to see if I notice the difference the author mentioned.
on October 15, 2012
This was an excellent little book about doing yoga, not only for weight loss, but also for the added benefits of stress relief and creating strong and lean muscles. I've seen people doing yoga on television or movies, and always thought that it would be too complex for me to be able to do it "right." Reading this book taught me how to do the poses correctly and also taught me what each pose does for my body. I'm so glad that I bought this book and started trying out the positions. This book helped me to feel more confident in doing yoga, and got me up off the couch and moving. I feel so much more energy since I started doing these poses, and I feel more rejuvenated in my goal for weight loss and obtaining a leaner body!
on October 17, 2012
"Easy Weight Loss Yoga..." is a great way to introduce yourself to the health benefits of yoga. Bacall explains how the body and yoga can work together to make health improve and weight become less of an issue. She does this without any miracle diets or insanely unhealthy practices. That's the great thing here: her approach isn't some gimmicky "lose weight now" program where the word "yoga" is just thrown in haphazardly. She actually knows and uses this information herself.

The short of it is that this is a great way to get yourself started in understanding why yoga and the yogic lifestyle (in part or whole) can benefit you. Plus there's enough instruction (with illustrations) to get yourself going toward better health.
on October 31, 2012
The book was free and I was surprised how well it was written. Concise information - quick read. I plan to put it to a test and give the poses a try. I think her advice on taking it easy and no over doing is sound advice. Work your way into shape versus forcing it ...like I always do. I will ease my way into better shape.
on May 30, 2014
This was exactly what I was looking for! I have been curious about yoga for a while and thus was a great introduction. I loved the images and even practiced some poses. The best part was the explanation of all the benefits each pose provides.
on October 16, 2012
Keeps me motivated, excellent writing. I experimented with yoga several years ago, but didn't keep it up because I liked pursuing more active forms of exercise. Now, with a few more years and a couple of injuries under my belt, I'm finding that a regular yoga practice is valuable. I'm much more into the spiritual side of it as well, because what I've learned in this book has made me more sensitive to myself, and what I need to make myself feel good. It's very practical in it's approach and easy to follow.