Color Name: Black
This battery pack is extremely powerful and a real resource to keep your USB recharged devices operating on those long work days or while you are traveling. Many people like me are power users of their smart phones and tablets. If you are constantly using them then you know that they will run out of power sometime during the day or evening. If you are not near an AC wall outlet with your charger or in your car with a charger what can you do? In addition many of the newer tablets are real power hungry devices and it takes a lot to recharge them. Here is a powerful battery pack with four built in USB ports for all of your devices. It can charge your Apple devices or tablets with up to 2.1 Amps and really provide a boost to your tablet or smart phone. It can charge two tablets simultaneously or three smartphones simultaneously and it can output current at a maximum rate of 3.5 amps.

This is a beautifully packaged charger that has a lot of charging capacity. It uses Lithium- Polymer battery technology and carries a 12000 mAh capacity. In my testing it was one of the fastest battery chargers I have seen and my test results show that. I have included a video of the EasyAcc 12000's features and I hope it is helpful to you.

What's in the box?
* The EasyAcc 12,000 mAh battery
* 3 cables, one for charging the battery pack (USB to Micro USB cable), one for charging an Apple 30 pin connector product and one for fitting their other product adapters that are supplied.
* Five product adapters for PSP, Nokia, Mini USB, Micro USB and a Samsung 30 pin connector.
* Instruction manual
* A carrying bag for the accessory cables and connectors.
* There is no AC USB wall adapter to charge the unit.

The unit weighs at 11 ½ ounces and fits into larger purse, computer bag or briefcase. Four LEDs indicate the battery charge level. I had good results in my testing and it charged my iPhone and iPad 3 quickly. This is one the fastest charge boosting battery packs I have tested so far. You should be aware that the battery pack has about 71.3% efficiency when used with your devices and is limited to about 8556 mAh charging capacity with your devices (Determined by my testing).

This is a very good product and below I have listed its features and benefits as well as my test data for your review. Please take the time to quickly watch the video and if you have any questions send me a comment and I will try to help you. I rate this as a five star product and I recommend it to you.

EasyAcc 12000mAh 4 USB External Battery Pack:
* There are four USB power output ports and they are USB 1 rated at 5VDC at 2.1 Amps, USB 2 rated at 5VDC at 1 Amp, USB3 rated at 5 VDC at 1.3 Amps and USB 4 rated at 5 VDC at ½ Amp. The ports are well labeled.
* Press the ON button when you plug in a device and that begins the charging process of your device. There is an automatic OFF when your electronic device is charged.
* Uses Lithium-polymer battery technology.
* The battery pack can be recharged 500+ times
* Warranty is 12 months
* Powerful 12,000 mAh capacity
* The unit is fairly large and weighs in at 11 ½ ounces.
* Attractive design
* It has 4 blue LED status lights located on the end that indicate the battery charge level. One LED means 5% to 25%, two means 25 to 50%, three LEDs means 50 to 75% and all four on means 75 to 100%.
* When the battery pack is fully charged the four blue LEDs are on continuously while it is plugged into the AC power outlet.
* When charging a device the LEDs stay lit showing the amount of power still stored in the battery pack.
* The battery pack does not come with an AC wall charger.
* Charging it with a USB 2.0 port on your laptop or computer is not recommended as the battery would take too long to fully charge.
* It will take 9 hours to charge the battery pack with a 5 VDC USB rated at 2 Amps and 13 hours if you use a 5 VDC adapter rated at 1 Amp.
* The battery pack can output 3.5 Amps max at one time so it can charge two tablets or 3 smart phones simultaneously.
* The unit is powerful and it has a fair price.

Performance while charging various devices with the EasyAcc 12000:

Test charging an iPad 3 to measure the output capacity:
At the start of the test my iPad 3 at 41 % and the EasyAcc battery fully charged and at 4 LEDs.
* 60 minutes 51% and 4 LEDs
* 90 minutes 56% and 4 LEDs
* 120 minutes 60% and 4 LEDs
* 150 minutes 66% and 3 LEDs bedtime
* Next morning 100% and 2 LEDs

I then took the same Battery pack uncharged and began test charging a Kindle Fire and an iPhone 4:

Kindle Fire 68 percent. Battery at 2 LEDs
* 30 min 79% 1 LED
* 60 min 89% 1 LED
* 90 min 99% flashing 1 LED
* 91 min 100% 1 flashing LED

iPhone 4 at 53 %. Battery with one flashing LED.
* 30 min 63% battery 1 led flashing.
* 45 min 76% battery dead

* Kindle Keyboard battery 1750 mAh capacity
* iPhone 5 is 3.8 VDC at 5.45 Wh = 1434 mAh battery
* iPad 4 battery is 11,486 mAh 3.7 VDC at 42.5 Wh
* iPad Mini battery is 4490 mAh at 3.72 VDC 16.7 Wh

As you can see the EasyAcc 12000 will not fully charge a totally dead iPad 3 or 4 because it only contains 12,000 mAh of capacity. You have to consider the losses in the charging circuits of both the battery pack and the device you are charging. Energy is lost during the voltage conversion, used by the electronics of the battery pack and your device and by the generation of heat.

EasyAcc 12000 Device charging real world experience:
* iPhone 4 or 5 approximately 6 full charges out of a fully charged EasyAcc 12,000 mAh Portable Power Bank
* iPad 2 approximately 123% of a full charge
* iPad 3 or 4 approximately 75% of a full charge
* iPad Mini approximately 190% of a full charge
* Kindle Fire approximately 195% of a full charge
* A normal estimated usable storage is 70% of capacity or .70 * 12,000 mAh = 8,400 mAh charging capacity available for your electronic devices.
* In my testing I was able to use approximately 8,556 mAh of capacity or roughly 71.3% of the 12,000 mAh capacity. This is a good result.

This is a good product and deserves a 5 Star rating.

I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 29, 2012
Color Name: Black
I bought this battery pack for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. This was my third time trying to find one compatible with it. Finally, I found one that really works! The bonus is that this pack comes with 4 ports so I can charge multiple devices at one time. This is truly an universal power pack. I would highly recommend it. It is larger and heavier than others I've tried (5000-6500Mah) but it is 12000Mah which I finally found out is what I needed for my tablet. I wouldn't leave home without it!
March 12, 2013 Update:

The original review (initially a 3 star rating) is below the line. Believe it or not, the makers of the EasyAcc actually listened to my observations and, I'm sure, comments from others and came up with an improved version that addresses two of the four 'negatives' I listed in my review.

✔ FIXED - The four charging ports are only labeled as 4, 3, 2, 1... - The ports are now clearly labelled 5V/0.5A, 5V/1.3A, 5V/1.0A and 5V/1.2A.
✔ FIXED - There is not storage solution for the many modular connectors... - A storage bag for connectors and wires is now included.

Yes, the unit is still bulky and heavy and the black shiny finish is still a 'fingerprint magnet' but 'bulk' and 'weight' is the price you pay for 'power'. You should only consider this if you need lots of power and/or have multiple devices you'd want to charge simultaneously. Otherwise get something lighter and smaller, EasyAcc's own 3000mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank being only one of several good quality small chargers available at Amazon.

I hesitated between 4 and 5 stars but given EasyAcc makers' openness to suggestions and actually implementing them when they make sense, my 4.5 stars rating is rounded up to 5.

_____________________________________________

First things first: I didn't have to pay for the unit I'm reviewing because the distributor sent me a free one for review.

The EasyAcc will charge itself through a Mini USB port from just about any standard 5V charger. The manual suggest not to attempt to charge it through a computer's USB because that may take forever. Even when using a dedicated charger providing 1500mA at 5V it may take a few hours to fully charge the EasyAcc. One side button will activate an array of 4 little blue lights, all lights on indicating a fully charged unit.

I found this EasyAcc model to hold enough juice (12000 mAh according to specs) to charge several devices a couple of times over. The modular connectors provided include Mini and Micro USB, Nokia and iPhone/Pad/Pod (but not compatible with the newest iPhone).

Output is through 4 Type A USB ports, each providing different levels of power, suited for different devices:

- USB Port 1: 5V / 2.1A (iPad)
- USB Port 2: 5V / 1.0A (iPhone)
- USB Port 3: 5V / 1.3A (Samsung)
- USB Port 4: 5V / 0.5A (Other Nokia)

See the complete specs and the long list of compatible devices in the Tech Details and Product Description sections above.

This unit has a couple of good things going for it:

- large capacity
- ability to charge several devices at the same time
- many connectors including the standard USB Mini and Micro
- vendor's technical specs section is very well done (which is why I thought I would not repeat that info in my review)

But not everything is perfect and one must keep in mind the following before making a purchase decision:

- The four charging ports are only labeled as 4, 3, 2, 1 (from left to right) so make sure you don't lose the manual or you won't know which port outputs 0.5A (4) and which does 2.1A (1).
- It's bulky and heavy. Yes, it stores a big charge and yes, it's portable but it does weigh 0.7 pounds.
- There is not storage solution for the many modular connectors and I counted 8 of them, most of them very small. A little bag or a case would have helped.
- It's very good at collecting fingerprints that are not easy to remove.

This EasyAcc is a good power bank solution. Yes, it's portable but barely given its size and weight. Since the power outputs can't be configured for the 4 ports, you can only take advantage of its ability to charge several devices simultaneously if they happen to match the 4 ports specs. On the other hand, I was able to charge my Nexus 7 twice and had enough juice left to fully charge a Kindle Paperwhite and a Blackberry Torch.

My 3 stars rating is by no means a negative. Amazon suggests that 3 stars stand for "It's Okay" and that's how I view this unit. It holds and can output a large amount of energy which can be useful while on the road but I'd personally prefer something smaller and lighter. The 4 USB output ports are good to have but, even if not configurable in order to keep the cost low they should have been labelled properly.

>> Brush your teeth, it's the law! <<
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 2, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I have used a number of external battery packs for IOS devices over the years. This device is the most versatile and well-designed of any I have used. This battery pack is housed in a sleek square-curved piano black exterior and brushed aluminum on the sides. The ports are clearly labelled 1-4. The overall design is minimalist and elegant.

It easily fits in the hand and the sloped front makes it fit like a glove. The unit works with standard IOS cables including the new lightening cables. A standard micro usb cable works plugged into any Apple IOS USB Power Wall Charger. I tested the EasyACC with an iPhone 5 and Ipad 4. It worked fine. Other units from competitiors failed with the latest IOS devices. Surprisingly, I was able to charge an IOS device while simultaneously charging the battery, a huge advantage. Since its rated as 12000mAh, its going to be a larger device, although this is minimized by the use of a lithium polymer battery. The price of approx $40.00 is extremely aggressive. The New Trent IMP120D iCarrier 12000mAh Heavy Duty 2A/1A Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack for the Latest Apple iPhone 5, the new iPad, iPad2, iPhone 5/4S/4/3Gs/3G, iPod Touch all versions; Samsung Galaxy Note/Nexus/S3/S2/S; HTC Titan, Sensation, ONE S/V... costs twice as much for the same power and looks clunky in comparison.

This battery is ideal for a trip, especially a cross-country or international trip by plane. In short, EasyAcc has hit all the bases. In short, you can't go wrong with this product.

Update 3/2/2013

Still loving the battery.
on January 2, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
We bought this charger prior to a trip to Walt Disney World. Running the touring guide apps while in the parks drained our iPhone batteries like crazy, but I just carried this charger in my bag and plugged in our phones when needed and it charged them up very quickly. We had no problem charging our phones multiple times before needing to recharge the charger. In a week's time I only had to recharge the EasyAcc once and came home with charge to spare. We went with the 12000mAh, 4 port, model as we also have iPads (though we didn't take then on the trip) and many times in the car or van the kids' iPads die at which time the errand running becomes a constant plea to be able to play with them again. Now I know that all I have to do is slap them into the EasyAcc and let them charge. I did notice that my model was NOT able to charge a nearly dead iPad while it was still being used. So keep in mind that you'll need to shut it off or put it into standby before the charger can work it's magic on an iPad. It CAN charge 2 iPhones at the same time--no problem, and is supposed to be able to do two iPads simultaneously as well, but I have not tested that out yet. While in a vehicle, it sure beats having to carry around multiple charger cords/adapters and hunting for a free USB port, cigarette lighter or A/C plug in. Now all I need is my normal Apple cable and the EasyAcc and I'm good to go. It does come with a ton of adapters to accomodate nearly any type of device. We were very pleased. Our model was slightly larger than an iPhone and weighed about as much as a spare laptop battery. I had no trouble carrying it around the parks all day in my fanny pack along with my phone and everything else crammed into it related to touring all day with two small kids. If in doubt, give it a try. The sellers sent me a follow up email after my purchase and seem more than willing to make it right if you were to have an issue or change your mind. This was the best investment I've made for any device (short of indestructible cases), and the fact that it works for any of our four devices is just a bonus.
on December 19, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Some of the low reviews that exist may be due to folks not reading the owner's manual first. One thing you need to know right away is that while it has four USB inputs for charging, the charger limits its output to only 3,500 mAh. Past that and the device shuts off automatically. Also, when you plug in a device, you have to manually turn on the charger. When the device is fully charged, it shuts off saving juice for more charging and recharging. Also, the charger does have a wire to use to charge the charger. But, you'll need a separate USB adapter to 110 volt plug to charge the charger, and thankfully I have one. Also, a USB adapter for 12 volt charging will also work in charging the charger. The manual said that it won't get charged by a computer, since the output from a computer's USB port is only 500 mAh. I still rate it high because it works like a charm. Just read the owner's manual first.
on December 1, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I'm currently in high school and I needed a big enough battery pack to charge all of my devices on the go. And this Is GREAT. Was kind of skeptical at first because I never heard of the company before. But it ended up being the best buy I have ever made on Amazon. This thing can charg my phone and tablet over 8 times. I usually charge it up Sunday night and use it for the rest of the week. And the price is perfect. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 10, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Nice while it lasted, but it didn't even last three months. When it is plugged in to charge, it lights up, but as soon as I take it off the charger, it is as if it is unable to hold a charge. Disappointing...
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 18, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This would have been a 4 or 5-star review, but for the reliability issues with it.

It does a nice job of charging my devices. It's powerful and very flexible. I love that my wife and I can both use it at the same time.

Unfortunately, it broke after the first use. I took it on a flight and it worked fine. On the way home, the 1.0A port could no longer supply enough current even for my cell phone (phone comes with OEM 0.5A wall charger). Tried everything, new cables, etc. It just broke. I never even got the protective plastic off.
on February 28, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I bought this prior to some air travel involving long layovers, knowing not all airports have adequate power access at the gates. Surprisingly, it came fully charged, saving me some time right out of the box. Over the course of 6 days, I charged various devices to 100% from nearly dead at least 8 times. I was never able to get its battery below 75% capacity in the course of a day, and it would charge (using a wall charger from the same company, sold separately, but any high-capacity MicroUSB wall charger should work) to 100% overnight each time without fail.

Its four ports each provide a different level of current, from 500mA to 2100mA. Even the 2100 port wouldn't let me charge my Samsung tablet and use it at the same time, but I chalk that up to funny business in Samsung's OEM charger. Powered off, it charged as fast as using a wall charger. My phone turned on USB debugging when I plugged it into the EasyAcc, telling me the phone thinks the charger is a computer and limits how much it'll draw from it. I assume EasyAcc did this for maximum compatibility, and if I really cared I could buy a USB cable with no data pins to make it charge faster.

You can't charge more than two devices at a time with it, despite the four ports. The manual says it'll shut down. I never tried that.

Having been in some grim situations in the past where my battery was dead and I was unable to call someone for a ride, this thing is a potential lifesaver. It's not just for airports, it'd also be good for camping, car trips where there are more people than USB charging ports (already have done this once), picnics and other outdoor activities where you need to be reachable but have no electrical outlets, etc. Oh yeah, and emergencies. I'd love to have had this when we were without power for 5 days during a winter storm, instead of running my car for a couple hours a day. We went out looking for one locally earlier this winter, but what you'll find at the pharmacy or office supply store will cost about the same for much lower capacity.

I'd stop short of saying this charger is perfect, but it was easily a 5-star purchase for me.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations