5.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile
I was supplied this free to test and review.
Tested using iPad2, a generic Chinese Android tablet and a HP Windows 8 laptop.

I have not seen a gadget before that enables a tablet without expandable storage to have access to almost limitless memory for storage. In addition to this it can act as a wireless router and a backup battery for phones etc...
Published 12 months ago by Bob

I purchased this device because I wanted to view and copy pictures from my Canon EOS 18 MP Digital Camera SD card to my iPad, watch movies stored on my WD 1TB hard drive without needing a network connection (in car or airplane) and be able to access a wireless connection when in a hotel.

Before my purchase, I read several reviews of the EasyAcc 4-in-1 and...
Published 9 months ago by Christy.T

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile, June 29, 2013
This review is from: [ALL In 1] EasyAcc® Portable WiFi Router & WiFi Repeater Wireless External HDD / Flash Drive / SD Card Reader 8800mah PowerBank Built-in External Battery Pack for iPhone Windows 7 8 IOS Mac OS Andorid Smartphones Tablet PCs (Personal Computers)
I was supplied this free to test and review.
Tested using iPad2, a generic Chinese Android tablet and a HP Windows 8 laptop.

Out of the box it needs charging and comes with a usb charging lead to connect to your own charger as it charges 4 blue leds progressively light and flash until all 4 are on steadily and it is then fully charged and ready to use.

As the set up seemed quite complicated I followed the fairly comprehensive instructions which were enclosed. After downloading the "FTP Manager" from Google Play and installing it (I used the Android tablet first) I then followed the instructions and was met with the message "Server not Found". It is probably apparent to everyone except me that the server would not be found until I logged on to the Wi-Stor.

The easiest way to set it up initially is to temporary replace your router with this one turn it on and look for EasyAcc_4005DE and log on to it (At this stage it is an open network). Then download the "FTP Manager" and run it to complete the set up. You can then put your router back. If you don't want to do this you have to download the "FTP Manager" on your normal set up and then switch to EasyAcc_4005DE to complete the settings, once you have done this you will not need to do it again.

The next thing I worried about was security as admin and admin are not the most secure names and passwords. The router has quite a range and my neighbour was able to log into it quite easily.

Nothing in the instructions indicate that you can change the security settings, however it is easy, enter the Server Address into the command line of your browser and the home screen opens allowing you to view all the settings and make the changes you want. The most important being to make it secure.

Now it is set up I could use my ipad or android tablet to access a variety of memory devices that are connected to the Wi-Store I tried it with a 32Gb SD card, the maximum it will take, a 64Gb flash drive and a 1TB portable hard drive, all worked perfectly.
This device is a boon if you want to take files that total more than the capacity of the tablet, my little Android tablet is 8Gb with no expansion capability but with this I was able to watch a number of films from the portable HDD.

The other useful thing this does is to work as a back up battery it will supply 5V through a usb socket, to switch the battery on in this mode you need to press the power button for 3 seconds, If you want to know the state of charge press the button briefly and some of the 4 leds will light up one for each 25% of charge.

After playing with this on my tablets I thought I would try it with my laptop. There was no problem whatsoever using it as a wireless router but when I came to transfer files it was more difficult. It is possible to directly transfer using the server address in the command line but it was not the most straightforward way of doing it. I looked for an equivalent of the apps that I used for the Android and iPad although there are many I found that "Free FTP Manager 2.2" worked as well as anything and it is free.

In summary I am not sure if there are any other gadgets like this which allow you to wirelessly expand the memory of tablet devices, share files between tablets, act as a Wireless router and storage battery. It is a very useful addition to anyone who finds the memory in their tablet too limited.

5.0 out of 5 stars (4 In 1) Easy Acc Portable Wifi Wireless SD Car Reader & USB storage solution, August 22, 2013
This product worked exceptionally well for me. I am military and travel extensively. Normally I carry an external USB drive and a netbook but recently changed to a Nook HD+ to lighten the load. The Nook has no USB capability, so I bought this hoping I could watch movies, pull office files and keep other data at the ready for whatever may come up. Second options was to buy micro SD cards and swap them as needed. I am very glad I choose this over that option. This worked well paired to a 1 tb western digital portable drive and streamed video perfectly. Setup was relatively easy using included instructions. Added benefits are multiple. When we do long drives my wife uses this to stream video to her Acer Iconia and it provides backup power for our tablets and phones. Have not used any SD cards or flash drives but USB HD works great. Strong signal and flawless playback for me. I prefer the HD file Explorer app over the ES file explorer but both work just fine. I also tried this with an Iphone 5 and Ipod 4 and the results were just as good as the android devices. Other reviewers have discussed the default user name and password being admin so all I will say is be sure to change it if you want any security at all.

Overall, I am very pleased and definitely recommend the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advised, unstable signal, sluggishness video playing, useless., September 24, 2013

Before my purchase, I read several reviews of the EasyAcc 4-in-1 and almost all of them were awesome and the price was amazing. I knew this was the right one for me to make wireless transfers, stream media and get wireless connectivity. It was extremely attractive because most of my communications are wireless.

When I received the EasyAcc, it looked a little thicker and heavier than I expected. But it did contain an 8800mAh battery, which could be used to charge my iPad or some other device. The product had a quality feel to it, solid construction, a clean fit/finish, and a nice overall design. It had an SD Card slot and a USB Port to enable me to read the SD card and my WD hard drive. That was great! However, after several days of frustration, I can say I wasted my time and money.

Instruction manual:
The Instructions were poorly written and not very clear. It didn't include clear directions for accessing the device via a laptop and it didn't explain that before accessing a WiFi network you have to connect the Wi-Fi first, which make a little difficult to set up.

Charging
The battery capacity is 8800mAh. However, it only gave my Note 2 1.5 full charges and not even one full charge for my iPad 2. It also took a very long time to charge both my phone and ipad together. The output was weak.

Wireless Media streaming
Wi-Stor does not have its own APP to support itself, but they suggested an app, which was not intuitive. Connecting the WiFi from Wi-stor took a little bit of effort to accomplish. After connecting, I thought finally I can use it to watch a movie from my iPad. Then the worst part came, the signal kept dropping after just 5 minutes of use. I also tried it with my phone, iPad and my friend's phone with the same results. Disappointing! Streaming videos and pictures to my iPad was one important reason I purchased it. There are other devices out there that can stream videos, music, pictures, files, etc .for about the same price, so why keep this one?

Transfer
The main reason I purchases this device was for transferring files. The Wi-stor only supports up to 32GB, which is not a big problem because I could at least transfer to my WD and empty the SD card. I was able to copy the contents from my ScanDisk 32GB SD card to my HDD. However, the firmware for this product is extremely inefficient and it took almost an hour for all the pictures to transfer (almost 16GB). I hope at some later date someone manages to build one these gadgets that operates at faster speeds!

Router
The router is the one feature I loved about this device. Wi-stor features an Ethernet port allowing you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot. This is perfect for hotels and coffee shops that only offer Ethernet connectivity for iPad, tablets. With a one touch setup (after initial setup) and no need to find a power outlet, I was ready to go.

Summary
In my experience, the whole idea of extended memory through Wi-stor is very promising! However, the product did not act as it advised or maybe I received a defective one. I have to say there still have a lot to improve on before it comes to market - firmware, software and instructions. Overall, I do not recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Swiss Army Knife of Tech, July 15, 2013
The Wi-Stor is a jack of all trades, and offers a ton of functionality. If you're looking to reduce the amount of stuff that goes in your laptop bag, travel a lot, or you simply really like tech, this is definitely worth a try! The manufacturer sent me a sample of this device, this review is my honest opinion.

Please excuse the fact that I have written in bullet points - there's so much to cover that full sentences would have gotten tiring to read.

SO WHAT CAN IT DO?
- Acts as as normal wi-fi router
- Charges a portable device's battery with the built-in 5V USB charging port
- Add 32GB of hard drive space wirelessly to any device using the SD slot
- Acts as a wireless SD card reader (studio photographers take note!)
- Add an almost limitless amount of hard drive space wirelessly to any device using the USB port

WHAT I LOVE
- The sheer functionality of the thing!
- All operations can be run on the internal battery or a USB power cable
- That I can add my own hard-drive via USB
- Sharing SD photos just got a whole lot easier
- Portable router? SO many problems solved

WHAT I WOULD IMPROVE:
- Instructions aren't great, if you don't like to tinker this may not be for you
- Suggested app is not the most intuitive - I think EasyAcc would be wise to hire an app developer
- Had some sluggishness with video playback...SD card is rated for 90MB/s and wifi speeds should handle it so I have to assume it's the firmware?
- A CF card reader would be SO great, especially for pro photographers who tend to use CF over SD

OVERALL
I took a star off for some polishing that needs done, but this is a solid start to a device with lots of potential. To use an analogy, this is like the Swiss Army Knife of tech gadgets, except the blades of this knife need a little sharpening. With a dedicated app and some firmware improvements for handling large files/video, this would be an easy five stars. For the price, recommended, although for the non technologically-inclined, there may be some frustration in setting the device up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Reliably Charge -- Support Effectively Non-Existant, November 20, 2013
This device does not work as a reliable battery. Using the supplied cord it will begin to charge then immediately shut down. Activating the button will repeat the process, start charging and immediately shut down. Using a very long USB cable will allow it to charge the device. Behavior consistent with both phone and tablet. Tried to fill out support form on EasyAcc support site, supplied all information, and instead of accepting it the page forwards to another page requesting same information. Apparently trying to distance themselves from customers?

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, January 18, 2014
Terrible product and no real support for it. Instructions are lacking and ios app is third party app that is more of an FTP client than a useable app. I am returning this device. Nice idea's but company lacks maturity to be able to support the product. Also does not come with charger, which is required for charging the device.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working for me...bad device, December 29, 2013
The Wi-Stor wizard is fully charged after it's received. It is not working for me even though the wifi signal coming from it is very strong. It's paired with Samsung S4 but can't make connection between the two. The message indicates on the S4 is "can't make connection due to internet connection is slow", so whatever it is trying to do, the connection falls back to my default network. I give up after a few trials. Another thing, the SD card memory doesn't stay locked in the slot, you can take it out after it's pushed in. That's a bad thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great for streaming to 4 devices in 720p, battery is great too, September 10, 2013
I have been using this product for a little more than month now before writing my review. I used this a lot on my 3week holiday on a daily basis for streaming and charging my portable devices (phone and tablet)

Contents: EasyAcc WiStor, microUSB short cable, instructions.

Plus points:
-Streams in 1080p to my samsung galaxy s4 without issues but cant stream to more devices in 1080p.
-Streams to 4 devices simultaeneously in 720p without issues plus at same time my laptop was copying file to it wirelessly.
-8800mamp battery is great for powering portable hard drive overnight for streaming
and for charging my nexus 7 tablet or phone at same time
-can copy files from sd card to hard disk wirelessly but is slow
-can copy file from laptop to this device or vice versa wirelessly using filezilla free FTP app
-can stream excellently to chrome browser in HD videos
-can copy in internet explorer but cant stream videos
-can see photos in browser
- free android ES file manager app works great for streaming or copying files wirelessly and any android video player can be used so any codec video file can be played
- any FTP app for android , iOS or windows can be used
- can secure device by user via browser first time and using quick settings on browser as explained in my youtube video.
- ethernet port is useful for pass through internet via the device generated wifi signal, very useful for hotels that only give free ethernet access. I tested this over a couple of days and it works great even through brick and concrete wall. In some buildings worked 40 feet away but in others signal was weak after 20feet, so building type will matter.
- can use 64GB SD cards for streaming
- good build quality and well packaged device and certainly looks the business.
- affordable all rounder with great features
- none of the similar devices have this massive 8800milliamp powerbank included at this price point.

Negative points
- poor manual
- wireless streaming from hard disk does not work without SD card inserted into sd slot
- FTP connection frequently lose connection or cant log in if sd card is not inserted into sd slot
- device comes insecured wifi out of the box and no explanation in manual how to secure it. Solution is to access it via browser as explained in video and secure the device. In your browser type in 192.168.1.254 which will take you to the device settings page where you can secure the device by making it WPA2 security and with new username and password. You can also view the files via FTP.
- even secure device (as mentioned above) can be hacked by those with expertise in hacking samba servers. Mine was hacked once!! Think this comes with version earlier than version4 samba which had a security loop hole where even secured server can be hacked by those who know how to hack it using the anonymous log in feature. Solution: hopefully software update will be available at a later date. But even if not available, not many will know how to hack a secured samba server so dont worry too much about this point.

More details about the device and showing streaming to 4 devices at once in 720p while simultaeneously copying file from laptop to device can be seen in my youtube review Please search youtube for this video if interested watch?v=uQbZpOfcwG8

My Impressions: Its a great all rounder with portable wireless router / streamer / 8800mamp battery bank that can power your hard disk and tablet together / ethernet internet pass through for a very affordable price. As far as I can see no other gadget with similar features has 8800milliamps battery bank included at this price point.

Disclaimer: I got the device for honest review purposes from the seller a little more than a month ago but I used this for a bit more than a month before writing this review

1.0 out of 5 stars It is a great idea.. but!, February 20, 2014
I ordered this device on Amazon the first time, but as soon as i got it, i quickly noticed that the Ethernet port was faulty. You plug in the network cable, but it never locks in. It keeps slipping out. I thought the unit i got was defective, and so i returned it and ordered a second one. I got the second one yesterday. Guess what? Same problem! Returning the second one as well.. Very aggravating. The concept is very promising. The implementation: mediocre at best. I really hope this problem gets corrected in the future. For now, the device is unusable and unreliable.

3.0 out of 5 stars good as a battery charger. great idea. needs work., January 30, 2014
this device would be so much better wih upnp/dlna. the fact that it requires a specific application and convoluted entry of iP address, etc make it cumbersome to those who arejust not techy. if there was an easier wizard and easy use through upnp/dlna, this would be one of the greatest devices ever, especially for travelling families. send a firmware update to correct this and i'll definitely change my tune.

Rate and Discover Movies