Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 1, 2012
Decent priced version of Canon's lens hood. Having owned a mixture of Canon and off-brand lens hoods it seems on par with others. I think that if you're very particular about the fit of the lens hood I recommend Canon, I think this is a few thousands of an inch difference and feels every so slightly looser than actual Canon's product.
on July 16, 2012
fits like a glove and is very well built. I lost my canon lens hood for this lens, and I can't remember the exact feel of it, however, if this said Canon on it, it would be right on target with quality. Very nice hood. Also, it says "for Canon EW-83E" with the word "Canon" being the actual logo. That being said, it could easily pass for an original.
on December 23, 2011
Works...but often difficult to thread it on the lens. Guess I got what I paid for. Canon's price however is EXCESSIVE!
on October 5, 2013
I needed a second hood for my 17-40 lens. I did not want to pay for the WAY overpriced Canon model. I found this alternative and it looks, feels, and fits exactly the same. Even the printing and the font style that says,"For Canon EW-83E" is identical to the original, although the original doesn't have the word "For" on it.

The original has a felt lining on the inside to help eliminate glare. This one doesn't have the felt. The inside is finished as the rest of the hood, though it "seems" to be more of a flat black finish than the finish on the outside of the hood. Maybe, maybe not. I haven't experienced any glare using this hood though. I doubt I will since this is a very short tulip design hood, it barely has any surface area to reflect light anyways.

The fit is nice and tight with a satisfying "click" as it locks into place.

This is a great alternative and huge bargain compared to the original. I'll upload a picture showing the side by side comparison with the Canon brand.
review image
on July 21, 2014
Works great, easy to take on and off, doesn't appear in the picture when zooming all the way out. Made of sturdy plastic

Using a Canon 70D and the 10-22 mm Canon Ultrawide Angle lens
on February 25, 2014
It does the job and is fairly cheap. Sometimes you just want a little protection or shade from your wide angle lens. Unfortunately it is quite wider then the lens itself (due to the viewing angle) so traveling with it is quite cumbersome and thus I generally tend to not pack it along. No fault of the hood though and it has not broken yet (though I'm afraid it easily might).
on May 1, 2013
Ever bit as good as the expensive Canon lens shade and a fraction of the cost. Shade arrived in great condition and I am completely satisfied. I highly recommend this lens hood.
on February 4, 2013
Hood works well and is easy to mount and removed. it does not come with any instructions. Mounting and removal requires a small force to cause the recessed plastic pins to move. W/O instructions providing this information, I was reluctant to put too much pressure on the hood thinking I might break something. Once I released the pressure was required, it now mounts and removes very easily.
on May 23, 2013
Good fit on a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Plastic doesn't feel cheap, it locks in to place and has the Canon logo where it says: "For Canon EW-83E" ;)
Looks Really good.
on November 20, 2012
Works well with my 10-22 ef-s lens.
It is a little fiddly to get on, but easier than threading on a filter.