5.0 out of 5 stars a miracle...
Over the last 20 years I have been steadily and gradually gaining weight. You couldn't call me fat - but there I was, just too wobbly in all the wrong places. This year I decided to do something about it - finally. I went on a fruit diet. Nothing happened. I tried the cabbage soup diet (without the meat). Nothing happened. I Fasted for a week. NOTHING HAPPENED!
That...
Published on June 30, 2003 by Sharon Maas (smaas@btinternet.com)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disippointing
I guess I thought I could follow Dr. Fifes advice on a good diet since I'm on board with the coconut oil thing however I was disappointed, no, make that thoroughly unhappy. The book gets two stars because of the coconut info which I still agree with. I was lookong for a way to heal my stomach woes and this just didn't cut it. Plus I really hate the cover! I've moved...
Published 19 months ago by Martine Lille

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a miracle..., June 30, 2003
This review is from: Eat Fat Look Thin: A Safe and Natural Way to Lose Weight Permanently (Paperback)
That was when this book came into my hands - a godsend. I stoipped fasting and began eating food again, but using coconut oil. After a few days I weighed myself - I had lost 5 pounds!
Since then I have lost a total of 24 pounds, and still losing steadily at about a pound a week, enjoying full meals.
The thing is, and this is what this book addresses, we all know that losing weight is not JUST a matter of calories. Soem of us have a very slow metabolism - and that was always my problem. I was never an overeater - but my body simply did not burn what I ate.
Once you start the coconut oil everything changes. You can literally feel it working. I was very low energy, rather lazy. I didn't like much movement - my favourite occupation was sitting on a couch reading a book. Coconut oil is the only oil that does not deposit on the body as fat, but immediately transforms into energy, and you can feel it. Yesterday I cleaned my ouse from top to bottom - and thenergy just keeps me going al the time. Also, coconut oil actualluy changes your taste - it satusfies you so you no longer even feel hungry between meals. A vegetable soup, cooked with the oil, keeps me goimg til the evening.
By the way, if you believe that coconut oil is bad for you - which is just a very bad rumour set into motion by the mighty soy industry - then forget it. This book explains why the world has been misimformed and it will make you very angry indeed.
Pacific islanders have been using this oil as a staple for centuries and heart disease was unknowm there until they switched to an unhealthy Western diet; and enjoyed general robust health, with obesity, cancer etc unknown. I believe, like Bruice Fife, that coconut oil is truly a miracle food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bruce Fife is a saint!, September 10, 2003
Sheri Barber (Layton, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
I am one of many women who are dealing with gaining weight over the years and not being able to lose it. After my fourth child I couldn't shed the wopping 50 lbs. I gained. I was able to lose about half of it and the last 25 lbs. fought me to the nail. People would tell me thats just the way it is as you get older and to just live with being a little softer to the touch. Well, being a marathon runner and an advid exerciser I couldn't resign to the fact that my body was meant to gain weight solely on the fact that I had entered my thirties.
Bruce Fife is a genious in being able to explain what is really happening with our Western Industrialize bodies. He has done the research for us. All I have done is applied his knowledge and the use of virgin coconut oil in my life and the pounds have slowly melted off. In 2 months I've lost 12 lbs. and I know I will finally be at a weight that supports my life style. I recommend reading his other books. Thank you Mr. Fife!

5.0 out of 5 stars The true weight loss secret is out, July 31, 2008
LS Ventures (Wauconda, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Bruce Fife has combined (intentionally or not) the best of "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon and Barry Grove's "Natural Health and Weight Loss". Having tried both and finding them difficult to follow, Fife's book is the great median. First I followed Enig's book, but found it too restrictive. She places a lot of emphasis on fermented foods and while I eat some and understand why we need them, I wasn't able to eat them to the extent that she recommends. Grove's book, on the other hand, places a lot of emphasis on eating animal fats, specifically pork fat. In the beginning I enjoyed the bacon and tried to eat other types of pork but found it really difficult. The bacon was too salty and after a while I really didn't like eating that much pork. I almost felt sick of it (I have to say that I am Jewish and pork was never part of my eating habits, unless I eat Chinese food - then it was kosher!). I did lose weight with Groves, but it was hard to maintain.

Bruce Fife's plan works very well. In fact I cannot conceive of eating any other way now. If I couldn't have the coconut oil and butter and other fats, I don't know what I'd eat. I feel better than I have in years. I used to have knee pain and that is gone. My skin is not dry (I've had skin problems for years that are clearing up now). My only problem is that it is easy to slip into a pattern of eating too much protein. That has prevented weight loss and in fact caused some slight weight gain. Keeping a food log is helpful to avoid that pitfall. But when I make sure I get enough fat I definitely eat less. I am amazed, sometimes at how much less. Weight loss is slow but steady. This is the secret the diet industry doesn't want you to know!

One last note: my holistic doctor is so impressed with this program that he has been following it himself, has seen the benefits and is beginning to apply it in his practice. He is really excited about this truly different way of eating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changing ways of eating, January 20, 2009
Eat Fat, Look Thin: This book by Bruce Fife is worthy of reading, for those who are having a very hard time lossing weight, the answer is in Bruce Fife's book.

I read this book from beg. to end, then applied the principles, these principles worked, the weight came off, my Husband lost over 10 kgs, I have about 5 more kgs to lose

This is one of the best books I have ever read, he speaks truth...So if you are looking for some weight loss, look to this book, but you will have to change your way of doing things, like your eating habits, I.E. those bad oils which are high in Poly unsaturated oils which cause a lot of problems in your body. (health wise).

In This book you will learn:

Why low-fat diets don't work
How to make dieting enjoyable
How to use the world's only natural, low-calorie fat to lose weight
Which fats promote health and which ones don't
How to jump-start your metabolism
How to stop food cravings dead cold
How you can use food to overcome common health problems
How to reach your ideal weight and stay there
Why eating rich, delicious foods can help you lose weight
Which foods are the real troublemakers and how to avoid them

This revolutionary, total-wellness program is designed to keep you both slim and healthy using wholesome, natural foods, and the most health-promoting fats. It has proven successful in helping those suffering from obesity, diabetes, hypoglycemia, heart and circulatory problems, yeast infections, chronic fatigue, and many other conditions. There is no other program like it...This program works, give it a go...

Kathleen
Australia

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars is all they'd let me give, it needs more!, July 14, 2007
This book is totally awesome to say the least. I've been a bonified "health nut" for years, but this book gives you a lot of the information that I've took hours to research and read all in one book! So I recommend it to everyone that is concerned about their health and wanting to have some correct, and good knowledge to go on. It is not only about weight loss, it encompasses good fats, bad fats, why fat helps you lose weight, boosting your metabolism many other ways, and all the benefits of healthy eating. It really is a Healthy Lifestyle Plan as Bruce stated! I have used coconut oil for years now, (and read his book in about as long ago but seen I could write a review here today!) and it is truly a wonderful addition to anyone's diet. Not only do I use it in the kitchen, my husband and I use it in the bedroom--since it is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-parisitacal it works great for having a balanced "flora and fauna" in that area. And it makes a superb hair conditioner as well, gets rid of dandruff too (which is fungal). There are just so many uses for it...

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, March 23, 2004
By A Customer
This book is excellent! I have started to use coconut oil and it definately gives me energy and my mind stays focused all day. This book nails that "Fat-Free Foods" are no good. Personal experience dictates this to me. My Father and Mother eat "fat-free" and their weight bounces up and down almost all the time. I really believe that "fat-free" foods are no good and have alot of chemical additives. My Grandmother was 92 when she died and she grew up on a farm, eating lard and bacon grease and no "fat-free" foods her entire life. She just died of old age and never overweight. This book is a great eye-opener!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Information, August 18, 2010
N. Hall (Greenwood, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This book explains how medium chain fatty acids are used by our bodies and how beneficial they are. It was an eye opener to learn of the negative effects of soy products. I started gaining weight when I went through menopause. That was when I started using soy products thinking I was helping my body handle the hormones changes. Instead, I was slowing down my metabolism and causing weight gain. I have started reading labels now and am appalled that soy oil is the first ingredient in so many products that I use. Another bit of knowledge that got me was learning how the seed oil business has cornered the market using biased research. I get so angry every time I learn another way greed has triumphed at the expense of the health of Americans. The information that comes out of the FDA cannot be trusted. It is all about the money. Soy oil, corn oil and canola (rape seed)oil are all genetically modified. We do not need to put those toxins in our bodies. I am using coconut oil and coconut milk. I have been losing 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week without any other changes in my diet. I am hoping that once my thyroid system balances itself, I will start losing a little faster. I thank Bruce Fife for writing this informative book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Wake Up Call!!, March 20, 2006
D. Casey (Edgewood, NM) - See all my reviews
"Eat Fat, Look Thin" by Dr. Bruce Fife is an excellent book that explains exactly why you don't want to consume polyunsaturated oils like soy, canola, cottonseed, corn, and why you are risking your health if you do. Dr. Fife also explains the dangers of eating any soy that is not fermented. The book also explains the benefits of coconut and coconut oil and other healthy fats that your system needs to function properly.

After reading the book I dumped out all of my junk food and processed foods and started taking virgin coconut oil and eating only natural whole foods (mostly organic). Both my husband and I are losing weight and feel so much better!

This book is for anyone that is seriously interested in their health! Dr. Fife's book is based on the research of Dr. Weston A. Price (see [...] I first checked it out from the library and read it. It was so good that I wanted my own copy for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot More Than Coconut Oil, March 19, 2004
Pauly (Central, MA USA) - See all my reviews
A wealth of the best information available without agenda, bias, or establishment hooks. No matter how tainted you may be toward diet books or nutritional information, try to bring yourself to hang in there. If your mind is still open, and your heart is willing, then this is the book you need. And it isn't necessary to hold to the low-carb theme to get something out of this book. It is capable of leaving it's mark on you by giving you a much better understanding of the big picture, and how to incorporate it to your unique situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars good info, February 1, 2005
I like this book. Lots of good info. The only thing that was a disappointment to me was that I thought it would encompass the coconut diet more than it did. It covered many different health aspects of coconuts and coconut oil, including diet. I would definitely buy this book for the info, as it is eye opening--just know it isn't all about weight loss.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›