7,494 Reviews
 (6,175)

2,655 of 2,727 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal
I would prefer to write this review after some time has passed, but I want to make sure I get my thoughts out here early on.

This is my third kitchen scale. I bake all my own bread at home and good baking requires weighing the ingredients rather than volume measuring.

This scale feels very light which made me nervous at first, but I've used it for...
Published on January 6, 2009 by PrairieFire

3,979 of 4,057 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service!
** This review has been edited ** I now give the product 5 stars (stupidly, Amazon doesn't allow changing the rating when editing).

Originally I wrote a bad review indicating the unit eats batteries. We didn't use it frequently and every time we did, the batteries were dead.

About a day after I submitted the review, Bill from EatSmart Products...
Published on May 19, 2009 by Eric Law

4.0 out of 5 stars Good scale, great customer service, November 14, 2009
I use it constantly, at least 5x a day. It is extremely useful in helping keep track of what I am eating and in portion control. After a couple of months, the scale stopped working. When I published a negative review, the company contacted me immediately and sent me a brand new scale free of charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale with great Display, March 4, 2009
I first bought a scale at Bed Bath and Beyond that was stainless steal and looked very good. But when I got it home I discovered that the weighing surface was much smaller than it looked and the display was not near big enough to read while weighing things. So I returned that scale and bought this EatSmart Precision Pro.

While this scale is made of plastic and at first glance doesn't seem very sturdy I'm happy to report quite the contrary. It has ample area for weighing food and the digital screen is as big as I've seen anywhere else. It measures in 4 different unit types and the capacity is greater than anything you'll get in this price range. Plus the sleep time is long enough to give you plenty of time between weighing which is a big plus.

So if you're looking for a low price scale that works great then pick this up. If you need something that looks fancier than buy something else but the look is all you are really paying for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little scale; you won't regret the purchase., July 21, 2009
LMT (FPO, AP United States) - See all my reviews
Initially I was attracted to this product because of the price and the consumer reviews. I ordered it and when it first arrived I was a little dubious about the product because of the size and weight (it is small and it felt flimsy). With an 11 pound measuring capability I just assumed it would be bigger. After using the scale I came to appreciate the small size. It is big enough to do any job but doesn't take up precious counter real estate so I can leave it on the counter to help remind me to weigh things. It is accurate and I love the tare feature that allows you to subtract the weight of the plate with the touch of a button. Great product, easy to use, reliable and doesn't take up much space. You won't regret the purchase. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars White is NOT a true white; black/chrome is wonderful, September 17, 2010
JulyGirl (Hartford, CT) - See all my reviews
This review is mainly intended to let other customers know that the white is not a bright, true white as indicated in the photographs and even on the photograph on the product's box. Rather it is a slightly pinkish off-white (a very odd color...surely not beige, but definitely not a true white), which contrasts/clashes markedly with standard whites that you'd find in common kitchen appliances, counter tops, and tiles. I saw belatedly that one other review, among the countless reviews, mentioned this rose-tinged white and strongly recommended choosing a different color; I wish I had see that review before I ordered. I'm going to return my scale and reorder it in the black & chrome. I wish they offered solid black. I'm sure that the product itself is excellent, and I look forward to using it, mainly to accurately weigh yarn, as recommended by Clara Parkes in her Knitter's Review.
Update: I received my replacement scale in black and chrome, and this color combination is absolutely perfect and classy-looking, despite being plastic. The scale also seems to work very well in my preliminary testing. I love that it takes up so little space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some bad, mostly good., July 5, 2010
When I pulled this out of the box, my initial reaction was disappointment. It seemed quite a bit cheaper than I expected: all plastic and a little smaller than I hoped.

However, it works as advertised. In fact, it works very well. The controls are excellent and intuitive. It handles large glass bowls easily, as well as small objects.

I bought it for breadmaking, as I had experienced a wide variation in quality from week to week with exactly the same recipe, measuring by volume. I read that measuring baking ingredients by weight gives a huge improvement in consistency, and it turns out to be true.

I suppose I would've been happier if it were made of cast iron or stainless steel, but then it would cost too much and I wouldn't have bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scale - Great price, January 9, 2009
I've been wanting a digital scale with a tare function for quite a while, so I was more or less familiar with the features that are important to me and how well it is layed out for ease of use.
I am very happy. From the large digtal window to the tare function/off -on switch and weight window,some real thought has been put into it's design.

I had only one concern before I received it, that it was too small. I had worried unnecessarily. We are very short of counter space so small is also a major concern. It takes up very little counter space, a big plus for me.
To alleviate my fears of the scale being too small I took my largest bowl, 10" and I had no problems. (It could have gone further).
My Salter 11 pound spring scale (also a very good scale in my opinion),was out so just for fun I took the last weight that was on the EatSmart and dropped it on the Salter. Although the Salter had not been zeroed in four days, it and the EatSmart were in lockstep!! That sounds good until you compare their $$$$$$ cost, features,ease of use, accuracy possible and counter space required (the Salter is a monster),EatSmart is the way to go. I'm just glad Iwas ready because the EatSmart is a real value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon sells better scales for less, January 7, 2010
Lorna D. (Hollywood, CA) - See all my reviews
After purchasing this scale I received an email from Eatsmart requesting a review. Here it is. I used this scale for a short time and then gave it away. It worked, but appears to be cheaply made. The weighing platform is small and the shape limits the weighing surface. Yes, with the tare feature (common among digital kitchen scales), you can use a bowl to weigh larger things, but I found this inconvenient. I prefer the Kintrex Ultra Thin Digital Tempered Glass Kitchen Scale, available from Amazon for $19.99.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe we got a dud, October 8, 2010
Originally my husband and I purchased the Escali scale that is approximately the same price. We were very pleased with it and used it daily until we accidentally left it on top of the toaster oven and melted it. Oops! When I ordered a new one I thought I'd try the EatSmart brand because it got slightly better reviews. Wish I had just stuck with the one I knew we liked.

Within 2 months of use the EatSmart started having problems with the display. Not all of the lines that make up each number would show up. Most of the numbers could be guessed but it was impossible to tells 7s from 1s for example. Then one day it mysteriously started working again! Now just 6 months after we got the scale it is completely not functioning. A random number shows up on the display and anytime you push the tare button all of the numbers/symbols on the display are shown. Not very helpful.

Update: I received a response from EatSmart within an hour of emailing them and they are sending out a new scale! So while our experience with the scale was not great the service was excellent! I'll update again once we've given the new scale a chance.

Update 2: I received a new scale very quickly, the next business day I believe! So far we aren't having an issues with the new scale and all is well! They even sent me a follow-up email making sure I received the new scale and that I wasn't having any problems with it.

I have to say EatSmart has the best customer service I have encountered in a very long time! Keep it up guys!

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding product, February 4, 2009
Sunny (Indiana,USA) - See all my reviews
I use it almost every day and love it very much!
Pros:
1. accurate and precise to .05 ounce / 1 gram increments, that is important for me;
2. tare (zero) function, very convenience for cooking and baking;
3. just needs 2 AAA batteries, save money on batteries;
4. reasonable price.
No cons so far.
Highly recommended!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, March 11, 2010
At first, this worked fine. Less than a year after I bought it, it started mysteriously turning on by itself. The first few times, I thought I had just forgotten to turn it off, but it soon became clear that it would just turn on by itself. Then it indicated that it needed new batteries, so I replaced them. This solved the problem for about 3 days. Then it went back to randomly turning itself on for no good reason. Then today, it just stopped working. Wouldn't turn on. It's not the batteries. It just doesn't work any more.

Save your money. Don't buy this piece of junk.