1,487 Reviews
 (1,205)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing customer service after a break
Loved it for a few days, deadly accurate. Took it on one trip it shorted out, blinking on and off and it's unable to weigh anything because it blinks and off every second. Not the battery, a short somewhere, defective. When it worked it worked beautifully-it's going back.

A follow up to my review here-amazing company, the owner of EatSmart...
Published on January 28, 2012 by John W. Crenshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for estimating weight, but leave room for error
Published on March 19, 2012 by Justareviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing customer service after a break, January 28, 2012
This review is from: EatSmart Precision Voyager Digital Luggage Scale w/ 110 lb. Capacity & SmartGrip (Health and Beauty)

A follow up to my review here-amazing company, the owner of EatSmart contacted me immediately after seeing this review saying "they would put a tested replacement in the mail Monday" for me. (It was a weekend to boot.) GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

As I said the product worked great but broke, it was just a bad unit, could happen with any purchase. What doesn't happen normally is for a company to reach out to a consumer and fix a problem. I am an EatSmart fan now-they stand behind their products and deliver great customer service -something that is increasingly absent in most of our lives. Buy this scale!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, April 1, 2011
Length:: 4:17 Mins

Awesome for travel! It is light and compact, and works great! I tried it out for myself, and it is something that will last, and will make my life a lot easier! The unit is durable, and would make a great gift for anybody!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremly Accurate, March 26, 2011
Captain Kirk (3rd Rock From The Sun) - See all my reviews
I picked this item up at the same time I was purchasing a Eat Smart bathroom scale. The following week one of my family members was traveling so I weighed the suit case on the Eat Smart bathroom scale it it said 49.0 lbs.

I then weighed the same suit case using the Eat Smart Precision Luggage Scale and it showed 49lbs also. When you are right below the 50lb threshold it is very important to have the weight correct.

When the same suit case was weighed a few hours later at the airport it weighed in at 49.1 lbs so this luggage scale was right on the money.

It is very easy to use and only takes a few seconds to register the item being weighed.

If you travel at all and want to avoid the over charges for bags in excess of 50 lbs this scale is a real money saver

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for estimating weight, but leave room for error, March 19, 2012
I just purchased this scale and decided to test it for accuracy before using it for a trip. The objects weighed included a set of dumbbells, a gallon of water, a backpack and a packed suitcase. I weighed each dumbbell 3 times. The 5# dumbbell weighed in at 4.6, 5.2, and 5.4. The 10# dumbell weighed in at 10.6, 10.6, and 10.8. The 15# dumbbell weighed in at 15.4, 15.4, and 15.6 The gallon of water (minus the container) came in at 8.0 pounds. An empty 3-pound Rick Steves Convertible travel pack weighed in consistently at 2.5 pounds. Packed to 21.8 pounds according to the EatSmart scale, it weighed the same using my bath scale. Finally, I loaded up a 25" suitcase, and it weighed 41.6, 42.2, and 42.4 with the EatSmart scale, and 42.0 using the bath scale.

The bottom line is that the EatSmart Precision Voyager scale isn't what I'd call "precise", but close enough. Notice that the greater the weight of the object the more accurate it was. It's easier than using the bath scale, and its also portable. And based on other reviews that suggest airport scales are unpredictable, I'll give myself at least a 3-lb cushion for carry-on and a 5-lb cushion for checked baggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Accurate and Smartly Designed, August 5, 2011
Tony D. (Philippines) - See all my reviews
You won't know how smartly designed this product is until you've tried other brands. Firstly, my wife who is barely 5 feet tall and weighs 90 lbs, will require all her strength and therefore her two hands to lift up the bag. This product allows, and according to the description, is designed for two-handed grip. Secondly, it uses a strap and buckle (instead of hooks) to secure the scale to the bag. It is more stable and is less prone for your bag or scale from accidentally dropping. Finally, the screen/display, which is conveniently back lit, is placed on top of the handle. The screen is placed directly in your line of sight while you are lifting. Compare this if the screen/display is on the side, you have to either stretch your arms out away from your body, or ask another person to read the display for you.

I almost forgot. This scale is extremely accurate and precise. You can assume that the measured weight will only differ by 0.l kg from the actual (airport scale) weight. If you want to maximize your luggage capacity, but do not want to pay for excess weight, this product is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 12, 2011
It is a great scale but I gave it only 4 stars because it has only a push button switch that can be accidentally turned on when tightly packed into a luggage bag. It should have rather a sliding switch or both kinds - a push button switch and a sliding switch like in LS-110 scale sold by American Weigh.

4.0 out of 5 stars Accuracy great; battery drains quickly, July 19, 2011
Used this product recently (June 2011). Worked very well--within ounces of the airport scale in all cases. Likely saved me a $75 overweight baggage fee. Yea for that!!! Only complaint is that the battery drained very quickly. Barely made it through the return trip. Might want to carry a spare 2032 battery...

5.0 out of 5 stars big scale in a nifty little package, June 8, 2011
Now that the airlines (US Domestic) charge $25 per bag plus overweight fees, travelling without a high quality and easy to use scale is well, kinda dumb.

The cost of an overweight be can be $25. That's right, 1# over and it'll cost you $25 for the 1#.

So I bought this scale for around $20 as an insurance policy that I'd never go over in bag weight. And it worked.

Prior to our trip, I was packing for my family of 5 and I wanted to have the smallest footprint for luggage and not be overweight in each bag. We bought new hard clam-shell type luggage (max recommended size is 26" so you can't over pack it). We filled two clam shells and one garment bag and used our scale to distribute weight evenly between all bags.

We were highly successful using this scale and its readings were spot on with UAL's scales upon check-in.

This scale is light weight, super portable and easy to use. It's fast, efficient and measures bag weight quickly and it's easy to read on the unit's display.

On our trip, we took this scale with us to ensure on our return flights we were within weight guidelines. And we were.

This scale makes travelling easy and removes all the "are my bags overweight" mystery game at check in a non-issue.

If you're only going to travel once, buy it. My thoughts were why ever pay an overweight bag fee when you can own this scale for $5 less and NEVER travel with an overweight bag.

And on a side note, it made my wife pack more efficiently that she's ever packed. You only take what you truly need when you know the cost of extra bags and overweight fees are just not worth the hassle.

Truly this is one great purchase and I plan to use it for years to come. Super easy to use, well made, quality product and highly portable. And you'll save on never having to pay an overweight fee and you'll probably travel with fewer bags because of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Know your weight, November 14, 2011
With the luggage weight restrictions, it helps to have a small scale that can be put into a suitcase and used each time one travels. I chose this scale after patiently putting in lots of time previewing many brands and types. Four main reasons I chose this one are: 1) it has a very comfortable handle to hold on to when weighing; 2) the readout is located in a place that is easy to see; 3) it has a secure clip buckle to attach a suitcase when weighing it; and, 4) it is lightweight enough to stow into your suitcase. I am very happy with it. It appears to be quite accurate and the price I paid for it was very reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never traveling without this product again!, March 6, 2011
I wish I had this product on every trip I've taken in the past! I always hate getting on the scale and then getting on the scale trying to hold a bulky suitcase... and then hoping that the result will be close to accurate. Instead, EatSmart has made it SO easy to simply clip the strap of this scale to the handle of your suitcase, lift it for a few seconds and be done. No more guessing or having to wait until you get to the airport to find out that you have to shift things or pay unnecessary fees!

Plus, this has the added benefit of being so lightweight and portable that I stick it right into the bag and bring it along - then I'm free to do a little shopping on our vacations and know that I can still conveniently weigh our bags when we're packing up to head home. For only $19.95, this is a great gift for any traveler and will save money and headaches in the long run.

Rate and Discover Movies