Rated one of the "ten best parenting books of 1993" by Child
magazine, Eating Expectantly
(newly revised and in its third edition) is the most comprehensive and up-to-date book on pregnancy nutrition. Its friendly style makes it easy to read; its practical tips make eating well a map. Eating Expectantly
* How women -- and men -- can improve their diets before pregnancy to increase their fertility and their odds of having a healthy baby.
* How women with high-risk conditions, such as diabetes, multiferal pregnancy, or hypertension, can help themselves and their babies with special care and good nutrition.
* How to lower the risk of food poisoning and reduce exposure to environmental pollutants like lead, mercury, and pesticides.
Eating Expectantly also includes:
* Hundreds of handy menus and tasty recipes complete with nutrient analysis.
* Hints on healthy eating when dining out, using convenience foods, or sticking to a budget.
* Hundreds of reliable health, nutrition, and parenting resources, including websites.
* Advice on postpartum weight loss and breastfeeding.