5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes and stories
The stories in the book are as good as the recipes. I'm no chef, but I made one the fish dishes for a family party and it turned out awesome. Of the 3 pounds of halibut and 2 pounds of mussels I prepared none remained after dinner. This is a great reading book for even those who don't want to cook anything (even though you totally should!).
Published 8 months ago by Ed

3.0 out of 5 stars Saw him on TV and was really impressed
The book is not what I was expecting. Ingredients and not easy to come by unless you are in a city that has a large Italian population....and all those wonderful markets...Not enough recipes and too much writing about his adventures in Italy.
Published 2 months ago by Lainey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes and stories, November 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, even better Cookbook, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure (Hardcover)
This is an inspirational story of a chef honing his passion throughout his experiences in Italy. Cookbooks are usually one-sided recipe listings, Eating Italy engages the reader with a history behind the food creations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great story and recipes, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure (Hardcover)
I enjoy cooking as much as I do learning and meeting peoples in different places around the world. Italy is one of my favorite places, especially the northern parts. The book Eating Italy is as much about how we become part of a place where we find ourselves, as much as it is about a love story, as much as it is about the wonders of cooking.

If you are just looking for some recipes, you will miss out on the essence of this book. If on the other hand you would like to enjoy a great tale of transformation and love, then you will love this book.

I rated this book 5 stars because of the great story, but more so because cooking is about journeys, love and because when we cook we give a part of ourselves to those who eat our preparations. Life is about journeys and this is one fantastic tale of one of those journeys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave it for a gift, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure (Hardcover)
My sister loves it. She is planning a trip to Italy and it was a perfect gift for someone who loves to cook but also because the author describes his own adventures in Italy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, yummy recipes, and hello? love story!?!?!?, December 27, 2013
I love when I get a cook book and it's as much fun to read a it is to cook from. Michaud's narrative is engaging (what happens next?) and the photos and recipes are inspiring. I've had his food in Philadelphia (amazing) and can't wait to spring it on my guests at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book for he/she who really appreciates food ..., December 14, 2013
This review is from: Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure (Hardcover)
If you are an aficionado of cookbooks for their ease of use, amazing photography, theme, physical heft, and content (obviously) ... you need to add this to your culinary library. Immediately.

Honest, delicious, creative, unique, interesting, approachable recipes ... with a beautiful story behind each of them. Each of them will make you a better, more enlightened, more capable cook. This is the story that every chef (and frustrated chef, like myself) wants to live. To venture out to a distant land (in this case, Italy ... what else is there??) to discover real food, real cooking, and life as it was meant to be lived. It's the story of a chef who was introduced to the two loves of his life (wife and food), and the people and places who played match-maker in each of those love stories.

Chef Michaud cooks with his heart first, and his hands second. I know this first-hand. If you take your own cooking seriously ... and I imagine if you're considering purchasing this book, you do ... do yourself a favor and buy this beautiful culinary tome. Lay it down on a coffee table as art, or allow it to be splattered with extra virgin olive oil and smudged with flour (I suggest the latter). Either way, go on an amazing journey with this chef, and let "Eating Italy" be your guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eating Italy, October 22, 2013
This review is from: Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure (Hardcover)
Eating Italy is not just a cookbook full of wonderful recipes but it also interwines the story of love between a man and a woman, as well as the Italian cities and countryside. The book incorporates well placed and detailed photos in the narrative that helps me visualize what the author describes. I'm not much of a cook, but after reading this book I can't wait to try some of the recipes. I hope the author is able to follow up this book with something of the same quality, but maybe featuring different ethnic foods. After buying my copy, I purchased a copy for my mother as well and she loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story!, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure (Hardcover)
Eating Italy was equal parts cooking inspiration, travel guide and love story. I loved all the beautiful imagery throughout the book that really helped you get to know the chef and his food. I can't wait to try my hand at some of the dishes in the book as well as retrace Jeff's steps though Italy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very proud parents!!, November 2, 2013
This review is from: Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure (Hardcover)
It was excellent and the story is amazing. So proud of my son who wrote this book! Recipes are fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Italian, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure (Hardcover)
Amazing recipes and a great story of an inspirational chef, I highly recommend. If you want to cook impressive Italian food this book is for you.

Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure
Eating Italy: A Chef's Culinary Adventure by Jeff Michaud (Hardcover - September 24, 2013)
$35.00 $24.63