Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on May 30, 2013
It is very specific timepiece.

PROs:

It looks really rich and high quality made. That is all.

CONTRAs:

SIZE: When you see it on a site you can say that it's a big watch. But really it's a HUGE watch. It was not a good surprise for me. It would look good on a thick wrist but my wrist is not thick enough and it looks disproportionately.

WINDOW: This watch has a big flat window that likes to gather fingerprints. All these fingerprints are seen when you look for a time.

HANDS: May be it's only my problem but I cannot read time info with a swift glance to dial of this watch. It because hands are so thin, looks similar to each other and to marks on dial.

SECOND TIME ZONE: I have business trips very often so I like watches with second time zone and have number of them. Most of my trips are in limits +-5 hours time zones so it's not necessary for me to think about day or night in my home place and I don't need 24 hours dial for second time zone on a watch. I prefer watches with two 12-hour dials with minute hand each. I use primary (big) dial for local time and second (small) one for my home time. Unfortunately most easy-to-use control for me with two independent crowns for primary and secondary zones is the rarest. This watch has a very specific second time zone control. It uses just one crown to adjust both time zones in manner that is very uncomfortable for my style of use. Moreover the timepiece doesn't allow to set up different minute hand positions in primary and secondary time zones: men in Ebel don't know that some countries like India have half hour shifted time.

BAND CLASP: The most irritating thing in the watch is its band clasp! It's not so easy to understand how the clasp works using photos from the site. You may imagine that it's a classic deployment buckle that fixed on both sides of band, can be adjusted on wrist, easy to open and release. It's the most handy mechanism on my mind. But really the clasp is not fixed and just clamps one end of band. As a result you are not able to fix once adjusted band size. Every time you put the watch on your hand you will close clasp in a bit different position. Free end of band sticks out beyond the clasp and hooks shirt-sleeve. It is really annoying!

RESUME: Too many contras for a watch with over $1500 price!
on December 20, 2012
It's a beautiful watch, and it just need to improve the way to leave it fixed in your hand. Just it.