5.0 out of 5 stars Great Saw
Bought the CS-450P from a local dealer and the only difference is the "Performance Cutting System" which is supposedly a better bar. I haven't used the vanilla 450 but I felled 3 trees and bucked 5 after Hurricane IRENE came through with the 450P.

Published on September 14, 2011 by C. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars good saw, bad bar
defective bar failed after 1 hour of use. sprocket at end of the bar froze up for no reason. Now I have to buy a decent bar for it. 60 bucks! Come on echo! echo should recall the defective bar for the cs 450 and send every owner a redesigned bar and a new chain to make up for the headaches they have caused their customers. Very, very disappointed!!
Published 9 months ago by paul serwold

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Saw, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Echo CS-450 Gas Chainsaw, 20 Inch

Saw ran great and only bogged down twice (both my fault). The first time, I didn't let the saw do the cutting and the second time, I got the bar stuck while I was bucking. You need to use at least 89 octane and 50:1 ratio for the oil mixture. Easy starts and smooth revs all the way from idle to max.

I would have gone with the 400 but figured I'd get the 450 for a little more power "just in case". Can't go wrong with this saw. I'm comparing it with Homelite-for trimming and Stihl-for felling/bucking (the only other two saws I've ever used) and the Echo 450P is just as good as the Stihl if not better due to the convenience features of the Echo. I can't remember what model Stihl or Homelite they were because it was my ex-father-in-law's but they were older models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality saw, September 26, 2011
This review is from: Echo CS-450 Gas Chainsaw, 20 Inch
This saw starts fast,and has plenty of power to spare. It cuts super quick. Light weight ,and well made. I have had a couple Poulan and Sears Craftsman saws that are OK but no match for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great saw, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Echo CS-450 Gas Chainsaw, 20 Inch
I bought this saw and i love it. Starts on the second pull every time, rev's smooth. Real easy to operate and pleanty of power for the 20" bar. I cut down some 30' trees the other day and it makes easy work. The only issue is i have hit the off switch a few times while operating. The switch is right where my thumbs sits while operating and heavy gloves make hitting the switch easy. Maybe they should have a shield around it or have it recessed? I compared this saw to a husky at lowes and the echo seems much better designed and built. Previous to this saw i went through 2 poulan pro's cutting down 20+ 50' trees and swore to never buy a junky saw again. Be sure to drop oil in the tip of the bar before each use, there are 2 holes for the roller bearings right near the axis that can run dry. Dont gorget to always wear chainsaw chaps when operating saws.

2.0 out of 5 stars good saw, bad bar, November 19, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Echo CS-450, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Echo CS-450 Gas Chainsaw, 20 Inch
No problems starting this chainsaw, but it binds frequently. I've owned it less than a year and it's been in the shop three times already.

Echo CS-450 Gas Chainsaw, 20 Inch