Published 20 months ago by QuoteKeeper

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!
The earpiece sounds better than my cell phone and I love the concept. But the multi-function button doesn't function and the mouthpiece has horrible fidelity. Everyone I call complains about the sound. I emailed Echo Logico and they don't respond. It is total junk. Stay away.
Published 18 months ago by Paul Etzler

5.0 out of 5 stars I have tried 5 different types of these handsets. This is my favoriate., February 14, 2013
I have tried the Native Union model, the SwissVoice model, and a couple of others. I think this (EchoLogico) has the best combination of sound quality and comfort. The SwissVoice model has the best sound of all of them (to my ears, anyway). I have tested the speaking and listening sound quality on all of the ones I have. So, while the SwissVoice has the best sound quality of all, it has this dumb design where it has a raised ridge around the ear piece that is uncomfortable against my ear for a long time. This model here (EchoLogico) has nearly as good of sound quality and MUCH greater comfort to hold against ear for a long call. However, when I ordered this model (EchoLogical) from a secondary seller on Amazon, I did not get that brand and got something much worse sounding. This link here is for EchoLogico and it is fulfilled by Amazon and they sent me the correct model that I meant to order.

BTW, the Native Union brand seems pretty good to. Just not quite as good as this one overall, but pretty decent.

In summary, I think this is the best one of these types of handsets available on Amazon right now. Just make sure you actually get this brand when you order. I think you will with this link.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this handset!, June 6, 2012
Janis Hughes (Appleton, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I just got one of these at Staples for a bit less moo-la, and I absolutely love it. I really wanted one because I adore the retro look and hate holding my Droid to my head or using bluetooth, but I was seriously nervous about all the sketchy reviews for the various retro handsets being sold. I figured it was better to get it down the street where I could easily return it. Anyway, my black, soft touch Echo Logico handset is awesome. It works flawlessly with my HTC Thunderbolt. Just plug it in and go. The sound quality is good for me and on the other end. The volume control works. The one touch answer/hang up button works. My phone still rings and makes notification noises with the handset plugged in if the ringer volume on the phone is up, which is good. So I can leave it plugged in and still hear the phone ring. It's comfortable to hold with my hand or my shoulder. It does have a small brand logo on the back of the ear piece. If that really bothers you, you could put a silly sticker over it - maybe a big yellow smiley face. After using mine, my husband had to have one too. And he's not one for flashy or fad-like stuff. I definitely recommend it. Just get one; you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Handset Is 100% Pure Retro Cool!, July 11, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As soon as you pickup the Echo Logico Retro Handset, it immediately "rings a bell"- No, not literally, but you feel like you've used it before. That's because if you had a phone supplied by the phone company, or used a pay phone in the past 20 years you have used it before! This handset is the exact size, weight and shape of "Ma Bell's" standard phone since forever, the only difference is the soft rubber coating on the outside and the multifunction button in the middle of the hand grip. There is nothing to learn, nothing to pair, nothing to charge, just plug the coiled cord in to the headset jack on your mobile phone, computer, tablet, etc. and it is just familiar to you.

For people who don't have a land line phone in their homes, I find this handset to be quite comfortable to use, your hand does not get as tired as holding a mobile phone on long calls - that is probably the reason AT&T did not change the design of its handsets over the years. Just set your mobile on a nearby table and chat away. Also, by not holding your mobile up to your noggin, you are not exposing it to any radiation, in fact Echo Logico claims it blocks 99% of your phone's radiation, so not only does it look cool, but it is healthier for you as well.

The sound quality of the Retro Handset is pure retro, I mean it sounds like the old school phones as well. That is neither a good nor a bad thing, at least if you are using it for voice communications. It absolutely has the same sound as the old landline phones. It is as if Echo Logico has bought the remaining stock of handsets from Western Electric and adapted them for the digital age. One advantage over the old phones that the Echo Logico has is that you can raise or lower the volume from your mobile, laptop, tablet. The sound quality is clear, not harsh, but not as good as my iPhone by itself which has a broader frequency response (i.e. - more bass and treble). This handset is quite acceptable, though. Let's face it though, if you want it to be retro, you want it to SOUND a little retro as well. I think you want to be the first one walking down the street talking on your Echo Logico Retro Handset, with the coiled cord waving as you walk.

Oh and a few more things, the multifunction button allows you to hang up if you are on a call without fumbling for your phone, and if you press the button when not on a call it plays your music, at least on the iPhone. The music sounds like it is coming through the phone like a call on hold though, so I'm not sure why you would want to do that, don't you get enough of that during daily life?

5.0 out of 5 stars I hated my cell phone before, October 17, 2013
I am reluctant cell phone user. I am an old lady and liked my land line but in an effort to cut expenses I disconnected that service. Half the time I couldn't hear on my cell phone. The handset has helped with that problem. I recommend this product to anyone with a hearing problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars The older you are the more you'll like this..., June 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For those of us who have been around long enough to remember that all phones once had handsets and cords, the Retro Handset is a nostalgic bit of silliness that no one really needs, but is much nicer than talking into a small, thin, flat, rectangular piece of technology. It would be particularly useful for those who do not have landlines, but it is not an item you would carry around with you and use all the time. It's BEST use is for long boring conversations that you'd rather not be having anyway--while the person on the other end (oops, there is no "other end" anymore, is there?) babbles away about things you couldn't have less interest in, you can use your apps and play games, or actually explore some of the functions of your phone. I use mine with a Motorola Droid Razr and it is perfectly compatible and the sound quality is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars This retro handset really works great!, May 12, 2012
Megalith (Palm Springs, CA United States) - See all my reviews
A friend of mine just bought one of these and I had a chance to use it last night and loved it. I forgot how comfortable this design is to pin between your shoulder and ear when talking. The sound was great on both ends of the call and at least 3 people in the restaurant we were at decided they had to have one too. Very cool, retro, and fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and functional, May 22, 2013
I've really enjoyed using this in my car. It works exactly as advertised with my iPhone 5. My elderly parents have difficulty understanding me when I communicate via BlueTooth due to all the ambient noise. They have no difficulty at all understanding me using this device. They told me that it sounds just like a "regular phone" (landline). It may look a bit "retro", but it sure works well. It has some weight to it and appears to be well made. I'm going to order a spare. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear audio, amazing ergonomic design, October 9, 2013
Clear audio, amazing ergonomic design, SO comfortable to use. Also, the matte rubber finish is really nice, although hard to keep clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars I think I know what the issue is..., June 2, 2013
Other reviewers have mentioned that the microphone sounds terrible and callers can't hear you very well. When I pulled the handset out of the box I had the same issue. Turns out that there was lint inside of the jack and only the earpiece on the headset was enabled. The microphone was the one on my cell, and since it was away from my mouth, the audio quality was rough. Once I cleaned up the jack everything worked as advertised. For the price I think it's a good deal, just make sure your jack is clean

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!, April 28, 2013